• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

I've had a this issue with several vsqxs

vocaloidcreatornoob

Passionate Fan
May 13, 2020
I get a message that always says "Cannot open specific file. Invalid VSQX4 file." I was making a project with Gumi and really don't want to lose it, other times it was fine up until I go to do the tuning and editing and have no idea why. It is a vsqx3 file, could that have an impact on it?

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
This is, what, the third time it's happened specifically to you, at least the third time posting about it? This is incredibly bizarre, I'll grant. I'm so sorry V4's been giving you so many fits! I've tried looking up the issue and asking around a bit; it seems to primarily be an issue with trials (particularly the V4 trials that come with AHS V4s) and pirated software, but at least one person has had it happen to them on the full version of the editor. Maybe you got a corrupted copy somehow?

vocaloidcreatornoob

Passionate Fan
May 13, 2020
This is, what, the third time it's happened specifically to you, at least the third time posting about it? This is incredibly bizarre, I'll grant. I'm so sorry V4's been giving you so many fits! I've tried looking up the issue and asking around a bit; it seems to primarily be an issue with trials (particularly the V4 trials that come with AHS V4s) and pirated software, but at least one person has had it happen to them on the full version of the editor. Maybe you got a corrupted copy somehow?
you mean a corrupted version of the software?

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Yeah! That's the only explanation I can think of.

Since it's been giving you so many fits, I recommend making the switch to Piapro. It takes some getting used to, but functions the same as V4 with some extra features, and came with your Crypton Vocaloids. You'll need to export the VSQx every time you wanna save, as there's no in-editor Save feature, and that also helps ensure you can reload it if it becomes corrupted!

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

vocaloidcreatornoob

Passionate Fan
May 13, 2020

Since it's been giving you so many fits, I recommend making the switch to Piapro. It takes some getting used to, but functions the same as V4 with some extra features, and came with your Crypton Vocaloids. You'll need to export the VSQx every time you wanna save, as there's no in-editor Save feature, and that also helps ensure you can reload it if it becomes corrupted!
I did notice on Reddit though someone with a copy had the same issue as me.

vocaloidcreatornoob

Passionate Fan
May 13, 2020
Yeah, I read that thread, if we're thinking of the same one! But if it's repeatedly corrupting files, the best course of action is just to switch.
I might try putting the file that got corrupted in Piapro Studio then back into Vocaloid Editor to see if that changes anything

Reactions: Leon

Cyana

The Kagamines are my children
May 25, 2018
Australia

You can save without having to export every time, you just have to do it in the DAW instead of piapro. If you've made no changes to the DAW project just mute/unmute something and it'll let you save, and preserve all piapro changes

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
You can save without having to export every time, you just have to do it in the DAW instead of piapro. If you've made no changes to the DAW project just mute/unmute something and it'll let you save, and preserve all piapro changes
The thing is, even if I do that, there’s a chance it won’t save anyway... it happened three times with the same cover. I changed some stuff in the DAW and saved, and the next time I opened Piapro in that project in the DAW, it defaulted back to the last export I’d made rather than what I’d saved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)