• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

(KAITO ENG/JPN) White & Black

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
So I decided to listen this WIP for Kaito again (I made it sometime last year) and I didn't hate it. :anon_lili:
It has it's flaws (which is funny because of the lyrics: 'We are not Perfect. We have our flaws') but I would like your guys advice for the Japanese part the most (if you can't then I'm alright on the English or the whole thing of like off-pitching that I may not hear for an example) How is the lyrics? I don't know if I might repeat the Chorus part after the second one... Also I might pick up the first part of the 'Ah~'

I like this song for it's cutesy and happiest tone and lyrics. :akari_lili:

Link for phone users

Lyrics: Japanese part translated by Aryuna
Ah~
It should not be a surprise
That they say we are an odd match
They are puzzled of how we came to be
We are not perfect
We have our flaws and differences
And they don't know that we somehow still fit together

So
Watashi wa shiro to naru to kimi wa kuro to nari
Mikkusu de watashitachi no sukinario wo bachabachashite
Datte kanpekina iro nante hitsuyowanai yo

So take my hand
And let's be ourselves
My dear

Tada watashitachi dake de ii
So~
Watashi wa shiro to naru to kimi wa kuro to nari
Mikkusu de watashitachi no sukinario wo bachabachashite
Datte kanpekina iro nante hitsuyowanai yo

So take my hand
And let's be ourselves
My dear

(White and Black)
We are not perfect
(White and Black)
We have our flaws and differences
(White and Black?)
But it doesn't matter since we still fit together

Together we are gray.

Move->Forward

🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹
Mar 25, 2018
The "ah"s at the beginning sound off-pitch at times I believe due to the pitch transitions.
The "ah"s sound better at later points, though.

In Japanese, when you have pauses in a sentence, these pauses are generally after particles.
In the case of "Watashi wa shiro to naru to kimi wa kuro to nari", there is a pause after "kimi" that I would suggest having after "wa" instead.

"differences" <- the second syllable here (the "fer" part) I would suggest adjusting the phoneme and/or decreasing the Openness. Alternatively, you could remove it, as people sometimes pronounce the word as "diff-rences".
However, this is based off of how I would pronounce it. If you pronounce it differently or often hear it pronounced differently than how I pronounce it, then you can ignore this.

The transitions from English to Japanese were good regarding Kaito keeping his tone. For some reason, the transition from Japanese to English had a bit more obvious change. Perhaps you can try to soften the end of the Japanese phrase before "So take my hand" with Cross-synthesis? (If you are able to. I can't recall if you have the VOCALOID4 Editor or Piapro Studio V4X version. If not, that's okay. You can either use other parameters, adjust the English, or not worry about that.)

These are just my observations, though! Hope it goes well, Green! :kaito_move:

Last edited:
Reactions: GreenFantasy64

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
The "ah"s at the beginning sound off-pitch at times I believe due to the pitch transitions.
The "ah"s sound better at later points, though.

In Japanese, when you have pauses in a sentence, these pauses are generally after particles.
In the case of "Watashi wa shiro to naru to kimi wa kuro to nari", there is a pause after "kimi" that I would suggest having after "wa" instead.

"differences" <- the second syllable here (the "fer" part) I would suggest adjusting the phoneme and/or decreasing the Openness. Alternatively, you could remove it, as people sometimes pronounce the word as "diff-rences".
However, this is based off of how I would pronounce it. If you pronounce it differently or often hear it pronounced differently than how I pronounce it, then you can ignore this.

The transitions from English to Japanese were good regarding Kaito keeping his tone. For some reason, the transition from Japanese to English had a bit more obvious change. Perhaps you can try to soften the end of the Japanese phrase before "So take my hand" with Cross-synthesis? (If you are able to. I can't recall if you have the VOCALOID4 Editor or Piapro Studio V4X version. If not, that's okay. You can either use other parameters, adjust the English, or not worry about that.)

These are just my observations, though! Hope it goes well, Green! :kaito_move:

Ah, thank you, Move. :akari_lili:

Okay, I'll try my best to fix those problems. Sadly, I don't own the V4 Editor or the V4 version of Piapro Studio. So I'm going to have to mess around the tuning to achieve that effect. (^^;)>

I haven't messed around with the parameters yet for that song, so now I know what to fix first and I guess the Japanese words are okay, I can go ahead with the tuning for that song after I fix up the few problems. : D

Reactions: Move->Forward

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)