• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

KAITO Fanclub

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
:kaito_ani_lili: Welcome to the KAITO Fanclub! :kaito_ani_lili:

KAITO shows us that having failed before doesn't define our destiny.

And so he continues to smile,
and brush a tear and give it a kiss,

Cendrillon 10th Anniversary by SignalP

and to reel it in (Treadnation by EZFG)
and to set sail for you, (Over Ocean Waters by Party-P)
and to aid you with a sword of crimson, (Pair of Wintry Winds by ShigotoshiteP)
and to turn your tears into jewels at a snap of his fingers, (Phantom of Moonlight by Hitori)
and to beckon you to stay, (Rosary Pale by ShinjouP ft. KAITO V3 (Remaster) (Arcade and F 2nd ver.))
and to never let you go, (Rosary Pale by ShinjouP ft. KAITO V1 (Original))
and to dance and rap all night long, (Ohedo Julia-Night by Mitchie M)
and to make you happy (not with magic) as the Great Genius, (Doctor=Funk Beat by nyanyannya)
and to keep loving you, unchangingly, (Crescent Moon by WhiteFlame)
and to win by any means necessary, (Urotander, Underhanded Rangers (Coward Fighters Urotander) by Shin P) (Game version)
and to smile with you, (Warm Kaito by halyosy)
and to sing for a thousand more years. (A Thousand-Year Solo by yanagiP)

Playlist on VocaDB

Who is KAITO?
Surely, you know if you are here.
But I can still tell you again.
Also known as "KAITO V1".
His codename was "TARO" while in development.
Released on February of 2006.

What day, you may ask? Yamaha says the 14th. Crypton says the 17th.
Well, what's to stop us from celebrating both days and in between?
Many fans celebrate among this timeframe.

Developed by YAMAHA and distributed by Crypton Future Media, Inc.
Voiced by 風雅なおと (Naoto Fuuga).

He is the last of the VOCALOID1 voicebanks to release.

KAITO on VocaDB
Crypton's Product Page

KAITO on Vocaloid Wiki
KAITO V1 on Vocaloid Wiki
Also known as "KAITO V3".
Released on February 15th, 2013.
A MAC version (WIN/MAC version) became available February 15th, 2014.

KAITO's English voicebank was released, and KAITO became a bilingual singer.

KAITO V3 was also the first Crypton Future Media, Inc. product to include their Piapro Studio software.

Developed and distributed by Crypton Future Media, Inc.
Voiced by 風雅なおと (Naoto Fuuga).

He is the first of the Crypton VOCALOIDs to receive a "V3 update".

KAITO V3 on VocaDB
Big Fish Audio
Sonicwire
Crypton's Product Page

KAITO on Vocaloid Wiki
KAITO V3 on Vocaloid Wiki
:kaito_ani_lili:
In the first year of the VOCALOID1 version of KAITO's release, only 500 units were sold. In order to be considered a success, 1000 units or more was necessary. Since VOCALOID1 KAITO didn't reach this mark, he was initially considered a commercial failure. However, in early 2008 and beyond, sales picked up.
One major contribution for KAITO's later success is owed to two videos on NicoNico. The first one by たつなみ (Tatsunami) was uploaded September 16th, 2007. In this video, Miku sings a parody of "Higurashi no naku koro ni". The video is titled "初音ミクからのお願い。" or "Request from Miku." She requests for the viewer to remember KAITO and asks about the whereabouts of KAITO.
A reply video titled "初音ミクへの回答" or "Answer to Miku" was uploaded by アイスP (IceP) a few hours later on the same day. This video showcases the same video as before ("Request from Miku.") in the beginning, then showcases KAITO singing a cover of "アイスクリームのうた" or "The Ice Cream Song". Before his singing, text appears (with the implication that it is from KAITO) that says:
"ん~?
アイス食ってた。"
This translates into "Hm? I was eating ice cream."
After he sings, text appears that says:
"ミク、今度
一緒に食おうぜ
KAITO".
This translates into "Miku, next time let's eat [some] together. KAITO".
「初音ミクからのお願い。」"Request from Miku."
「初音ミクへの回答」"Answer to Miku"

As a result of this, ice cream became associated with KAITO.

Despite being for the VOCALOID1 engine, KAITO managed to be rather popular and successful, even fairing well with "competing" VOCALOID2 voicebanks. This includes his position in Crypton's Top 10 Sales Ranking.

KAITO's VOCALOID3 release was successful in sales and did not have the same kind of experience as the beginning of KAITO's VOCALOID1 release. Even now, every now and then KAITO V3 manages to nab a spot in Crypton's Top 10 Sales Ranking or Sonicwire's Top 10 for Vocal/Choir virtual instruments despite being for the VOCALOID3 engine.

Despite the setbacks he's experienced, KAITO has managed to do well with VOCALOIDs of a greater engine. KAITO V1 did well during the VOCALOID2 era, and KAITO V3 is doing well in the VOCALOID4 era.

Sources and links for more information:
Vocaloid Wiki
NicoNicoPedia
:kaito_move:
:kaito2_move:

Illustrations by Kawasaki Takashi and iXima, respectively.
Code:
[URL='https://vocaverse.network/threads/kaito-fanclub.356/'][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/Thzb615.png[/IMG][/URL]

Logo by Crypton Future Media, Inc. Illustration by iXima.
Code:
[URL='https://vocaverse.network/threads/kaito-fanclub.356/'][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/Bjtpluz.png[/IMG][/URL]

In correlation to our Fanclub rules, please tell us about something you enjoy about KAITO or in relation to KAITO.​

Last edited:

GreenFantasy64

Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
I wish to be part of this club, Move. : )
I love Kaito and discovered him round 2011-ish when my friend told me how he got all his friends into the Vocaloid game in the psp and I decided to look up the Vocaloids in youtube. I fell in love with Kaito when I listened to his songs of Cantarella, Cendrillon, Judgement of Corruption, and maybe a few others. I remembered how sometimes when I get home from school I will go online just to go to youtube to listen to him. : )
I did got sad when I discovered about his history (thanks to some Kaito x Miku videos where comments mentioned it)
I even remembered listening to his v3 demos and was impressed of his voice (mostly of his Cantarella Grace Edition that I listened to a lot.)
On 2017 I brought Kaito v3 with his physical copy to support him and to have him. : )
I could have got a newer Vocaloid (with a starter pack), but Kaito v3 was on sale in Amazon and I wanted him to be my first Vocaloid.
I have a fanart of him that I did long time ago so when I get the chance I'll look for it and post it up here. (^_^)/

Reactions: Move->Forward

razelberii

Bless the Lord, O my Soul
Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
I'm interested in joining the KAITO fanclub, Move~

I'll share with the club one of my favorite uses of KAITO.

https://vocadb.net/S/90017
:kaito_move::kaito_move::kaito_move:

I've always enjoyed the silly tone his voice can create, yet at times his voice can sound rather mature! Kaito can sing a wide range of genres, and continues to sing to today. Let's continue to sing with Kaito~♪

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
-whoops- I have been waiting for this, thank you!! Kaito was the first Vocaloid I ever really cared about; when I listened to songs like Cantarella, Judgement of Corruption, and Crescent Moon, I got the sense that Vocaloid really had potential to sound great. I still get the warm fuzzies whenever I listen to him/think about my early days as a Vocaloid fan. :kaito_lili:

My favorite producer now though is definitely Shinjou-P1 I love their tuning most of all. I'd love to be a member!

GreenFantasy64

Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
-whoops- I have been waiting for this, thank you!! Kaito was the first Vocaloid I ever really cared about; when I listened to songs like Cantarella, Judgement of Corruption, and Crescent Moon, I got the sense that Vocaloid really had potential to sound great. I still get the warm fuzzies whenever I listen to him/think about my early days as a Vocaloid fan. :kaito_lili:
Ah yeah. :kiyoteru_lili::kaito_move:

Reactions: TheStarPalace

GreenFantasy64

Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
I'd like to join too. I primarily prefer Vocaloid1 Kaito, but Kaito V3 does sound amazing.
I'd like to share a very recent good V1 Kaito cover.
Oh that cover is nice! :seeu_lili:
Well, we just have to wait for Kaito V5 to have his beautiful V1 voice.:kiyoteru_lili:
But I hope they also keep his V3 voice too (^_^)

Move->Forward

🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹
Mar 25, 2018
Thanks for sharing, GreenFantasy!

I hadn't updated the OP yet. Now I just did! The featured song is Warm Kaito (attakaito) by halyosy.
The song title is a pun of the Japanese word for warm (attakai) and Kaito's name.

And yes, I love the artwork for Kaito's 10th Anniversary album as well.

As for favorite module, Ivy Phantom holds that position for me. I had an Ivy Phantom ask blog (now it exists as a comic blog for when I feel like creating a comic), so due to that, he holds that position. Though, perhaps even if I hadn't made the blog at all, he would, but it's hard to say.
Despite this, I don't even have Project Diva X.

I also really love General. That module + the Red Goggles makes Kaito like a robo-cop. It's pretty cool!

Move->Forward

🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹
Mar 25, 2018
There's a Japanese hashtag on Twitter trending right now of various KAITO pictures (and more).
I got in on the fun, too!

I'm not sure exactly how to translate the first part of the phrase ("to not be tied together"?), but the latter part is roughly "look at my KAITO" or something of the like.

If you have KAITO pictures or something of a different medium you have created that you would like to share on Twitter, consider using this hashtag!
If you are interested in others' different interpretations of KAITO, or just want to see some KAITO pictures, this is a good hashtag to look through.

Move->Forward

🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹
Mar 25, 2018
New featured song!

The featured song is Crescent Moon by KurousaP!

The Miku Symphony main artwork (which can by seen on their Twitter or at their site) has been revealed little by little, adding a character every week or two.
Yesterday, Kaito was added! I was definitely looking forward to seeing our favorite fellow in formal attire.

I love his cello-inspired jacket, as well as the fact that he actually has his hand out for Meiko's!

Also, @GreenFantasy64 I came across this KAITO V3 English song and thought you may like it. :kaito2_move:

Edit: I also now have a playlist for the featured songs on VocaDB!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)