Kazumi's (RoboCheatsy's) Journal

Kazumimi

Sukone Tei Propagandist
Staff member
So, I decided to make a journal where I can post about miscellaneous things (still vocal synth related, though). It can range anywhere from just a casual post about something or a full blown rant. XD
Dunno what exactly I'll put in here, but feel free to add your own two cents to anything I say. :miku_ani_lili:

Last edited:
Reactions: peaches2217 and Aia

Kazumimi

Sukone Tei Propagandist
Staff member
You know, I used to really hate TDA styled MMD models, but some of have kind of grown on me! I like the TDA Miku originally by TDA a lot, as well the original TDA Len and likeabaka's Sukone Tei model (as well as the lovely China dress edit by SuguriSeiko). They're actually quite nice. I think what makes me dislike TDA models, though, is that they were everywhere for a while until the Sour models kinda got popular recently.

It's not that I hated them solely because they're popular, I just got sick of them being everywhere and that there was a lack of diversity (at least in western MMDC anyways). What also didn't help is that a lot of the models I saw were poorly done edits that were visually unappealing (mostly because they had very oversaturated colors). The other thing was that they seemed to always be featured in videos with poorly done effects. By which I mean they don't adjust the effects or the lighting and so everything just looks poorly done and didn't do the models justice. I'm not super picky, and I'm no expert, but I don't like it when things look low effort.

I actually quite like the TDA models when they're used nicely. When the lighting and effects are adjusted in a way that compliments the model, they actually look very lovely! Here's a link where I feel they've been done justice. I can only think of one instance right now, but I'll add more links where I think they look nice! Feel free to share some as well!

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk.

Last edited:

Kazumimi

Sukone Tei Propagandist
Staff member
Random thought on the subject of people trying to discourage others from using a particular Vocaloid just because they're difficult to use; I think it's good to advise people that some Vocaloids can be very difficult to work with or may not be suitable for beginners, but if people want to get a Vocaloid because they like it and know that it'll be difficult, I don't think they should be discouraged. Think about it: if someone told, let's say... Mothy (Akuno-P) not to get Rin and Len because they were difficult to use and he chose not to get them, then he may have never made iconic songs like Aku no Musume and Meshitsukai! Just some food for thought.

Kazumimi

Sukone Tei Propagandist
Staff member
So, I booted up one of my Pokemon games for the first time in a while and was going through my boxes of 'mons, I stumbled across a few with Japanese names and I felt so proud I could read all the Hiragana and Katakana without even trying! In addition to this, I've also been able to read and understand a lot of Japanese comments on NicoNico and YouTube. Only thing that still gives me a hard time is learning the Kanji! :ring_ani_lili:

Man, I've come a long way with my Japanese. I can't believe last year I couldn't read anything and now I can read a ton. (Though, I'm still guilty of googling translating websites instead of trying to read what it says in Japanese! XD)

Reactions: peaches2217

Kazumimi

Sukone Tei Propagandist
Staff member
I just thought I might share some covers I've been planning on doing and/or are WiPs. (Mainly so I don't forget which ones I'm gonna do!) XD

• Android Girl (Rin or Len)
  • Hibana (Rin, Len, or Mayu)
  • Miracle Paint (wip) (Tei)
  • Creeper, aw man (Teto)
  • Snobbism (Tei and Mayu)
  • Repulsive Food Eater Conchita (Classical Techno Remix) (Not sure who I'll use for this)
  • Seraphim on the Ring (Tei and Teto or Mayu)
  • RIP=Release (Miku Solid and/or Dark)
Miracle Paint and RIP=Release have been giving me a lot of trouble. Miracle Paint has required a lot of envelope editing, which I usually don't touch! XD
RIP=Release on the other hand, has required a lot of extra tuning and editing since it was made from a UST and is a more complicated song to cover due to the shifts in pitch. (I hate that exporting USTs to VSQs gets rid of any tuning and vibrato. It's SO irritating and creates double the work I'd normally have to do, but VSQX are almost always heavily edited and don't leave room for me to tune.)

Also, I'd like to share this useful extension I found for learning and understanding Japanese! You can hover over any Japanese word or character and it'll tell you the meaning of it in English. birtles/rikaichamp

I've been using it while I try to translate a Sukone Tei original song since UTAU originals rarely get translations. Cri. ;-;
(It's a huge wip because everything is pretty much a literal translation right now. If there's anybody on the forum who'd be interested in checking the translation after I translate everything, let me know and I'll share a link here once it's done. )

Kazumimi

Sukone Tei Propagandist
Staff member
I wish I could tune faster in Vocaloid because there are so many songs I'd like to cover, but it takes me ages to do one song. Oof. But, it ends up being worth in the end because I'm happy with the result! One cover that's giving me a lot of difficulty, though, is RIP=Release; it's taking ages to tune, and I don't particularly like the way Miku's vocals are turning out... they just kind of lack a bit...

A list of covers I'm currently working on:
  • RIP=Release (Miku solid x dark)
  • Tokyo Zombie Land (Tei and Teto)
  • Miracle Paint (Tei)
  • Hibana (Rin)
  • Jump for Joy (Rin and Len)
  • Childish War (V4x remake)
  • Don't Mylist Me! (V4x remake)
  • Otome Kaibou (???)
  • Creeper, aw man (Teto)

I'm really looking forward to the new Piapro, and I heard that they offer a discount to previous customers, so that's pretty sweet if that's true. Can't decide who I'd buy first. Definitely not Miku because I don't have much use for her since most of the songs I want to cover are originally sung by Miku. So probably Rin and Len (or Luka since I don't have her yet). The more I learn about PS, the more excited I get for it! I just hope it doesn't require too beefy of a system compared the the original PS.

I wish Vocaloid 5 didn't have such a high price tag and require such a beefy computer because I'm really interested in getting plum flower Rin and Len the Meikas, especially Mikoto. I'm such a sucker for strong voices. Also, I just found out their assumed age is 11-12; I would've assumed they were teenagers since they look much older than 11-12 in their design. o_O (Also, their MMD models are so cute!!)

patuk

The typo queen
Oct 8, 2019
In my opinion wait a while to see what people have to say about about the new PS voicebanks and then decide! If Luka will be easier to use perhaps get her cuz you already have the Kagamines.
Also same, I assumed the Meikas were around 14-15 years old. I'm sad I can't use their trials, I got V5 after their trials ended:kaito_lili: Wish they kept them up for longer

Also a side note, I know you mentioned you're interested in looking into V2 and I just found out V2 voicebanks also come with the demo of V2 editor ( in japanese tho or maybe it's my locale that's causing it idk ). I knew that if you purchased a V2 it would come with the editor automatically but I assumed it didn't apply to the trial versions??? Well it does and I'm just letting you know so you don't miss out just in case! :teto_lili:

Kazumimi

Sukone Tei Propagandist
Staff member
Also a side note, I know you mentioned you're interested in looking into V2 and I just found out V2 voicebanks also come with the demo of V2 editor ( in japanese tho or maybe it's my locale that's causing it idk ). I knew that if you purchased a V2 it would come with the editor automatically but I assumed it didn't apply to the trial versions??? Well it does and I'm just letting you know so you don't miss out just in case!
That's really great! Thanks for letting me know! Looks like I need to look into v2 demos~. :sonika_ani_lili:

Kazumimi

Sukone Tei Propagandist
Staff member
Well, I haven't touched this in a while!

Hello, and welcome back to another episode of "What Has Kazumi Decided to Ramble About This Time?". It's a great show; I heard it has great ratings. XD

So, some updates because why not?

Fanfiction
So, I've entered the final stretch of chapters to upload for my current fic, "More Than What She Seems". I'm really happy that's it's done as well as it has. It means a lot that over 100 people on FFN decided to view it. I've started working on the sequel to it and I'm three chapters in so far, but it's going a lot slower than the original.

I've also been working on a fanfic based on Aku no Musume (I hardly know anything about Evillious or the entire complex canon surrounding DoE because it's confusing af, I just know I like Riliane and Allen so...) and it was originally gonna be shitpost but then I set up a really interesting premise so I failed at making a shitpost. It's a comedy/mystery because DoE needs more comedic fics.

Covers
I finally made good progress on my cover of Rip=Release, so yay! I've been stuck on it for literally six months so I'm gonna be happy to be done with it. Now Miracle Paint is the new cover that's giving me issues. Like, now that I've exported the vocals and am trying to mix them they sound really bad and the engine noise is really noticeable in Tei's voice for some reason even though it didn't sound that way the whole time I was tuning it. :V

Also, I'm thinking of re-attempting an arrangement of Meltdown I tried to do a long time ago and I'll have Miku solid or dark sing it. I just need to use something to get the stems for the song so I don't have to transcribe the drums and bass manually. >~<

But on a brighter note, here are some covers that I'll be posting soon:
  • Hitorinbo Envy (remastered version + MMD)
  • Patchwork Staccato (Rin Sweet)
  • Tengaku (Teto!)
  • Otome Kaibou (Len + MMD)
Art
I've been doing a lot of really nice artwork lately and I've been improving a lot! The anatomy's better, the face is better, the clothes look nice... only thing that still trips me up is drawing hands. Oof. No matter how I draw them the fingers just look like claws or talons, man, and this is the only thing stopping from finishing the art I've done lately. Also, the only thing that sucks about doing art on paper and then coloring it digitally is that it's so much extra work and feels like it takes forever! :rin_lili:

I hope that I finish my couple of Tei's soon because I really wanna finish working on my Gumi fanart and my fanart of Rin and Len in their outfits from Bring it on!

That's all for now folks!

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Oooh, I can't wait to see your artwork of Tei when it's all finished!:sukonetei_lili:
I have to admit I never really cared for Tei much but your enthusiasm for her has lead me to listen to her more and now I'm a fan.

Reactions: Kazumimi

peaches2217

I write mediocre OliLen fanfiction.
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I'm with Cafe. You've converted me. Thank you for showing me the light. :LOL:

I can't wait to see your art and hear your covers! A Tengaku cover with Teto sounds SO good. Her voice is perfect for it! Also, don't get discouraged about the slow process of your sequel. Sequels always go a little slower, especially when you managed to churn out chapters of the original as quickly as you did! Take your time with it and make sure, above all, that you're proud of it!

Reactions: Kazumimi

Kazumimi

Sukone Tei Propagandist
Staff member
Oooh, I can't wait to see your artwork of Tei when it's all finished!:sukonetei_lili:
I have to admit I never really cared for Tei much but your enthusiasm for her has lead me to listen to her more and now I'm a fan.
I'm with Cafe. You've converted me. Thank you for showing me the light. :LOL:

I can't wait to see your art and hear your covers! A Tengaku cover with Teto sounds SO good. Her voice is perfect for it! Also, don't get discouraged about the slow process of your sequel. Sequels always go a little slower, especially when you managed to churn out chapters of the original as quickly as you did! Take your time with it and make sure, above all, that you're proud of it!
Hahaha! That's kinda cool that my enthusiasm converted you both! You're welcome! XD

Also, I can't wait to upload the art! The people here on VVN have given me such a lovely compliments, it really makes me want to strive to do my best and in turn makes me excited to upload stuff since people seem to like so much!

I'm really excited to share the Tengaku cover; it's one of my favorites I've done (even though I forgot about it until recently, lol) and might just be one of my best! I just have to adjust a couple things and then get a video from Project Diva for it!

Also, thank you for the advice on the sequel! This is my first time writing one in a long time, so it's good to know that it typically goes slower! I'll be putting my best foot forward to make sure it's something I can be proud of! :meiko_move:

Kazumimi

Sukone Tei Propagandist
Staff member
Well, I'm happy to announce that I can finally talk about the collaboration I've been working on!!! I've been working with a smaller pianist YouTuber to do a piano cover of the song "Jougen no Tsuki" (aka "Crescent Moon"), a song connected to Senbonzakura! They've done a lovely piano cover and I'll be mixing the vocals I've tuned into the piano cover! I hope to have it released in a couple weeks! This is my first collab, so I'm very excited!

Last edited:

Kazumimi

Sukone Tei Propagandist
Staff member
I found a copy of the second volume of Kagerou Daze and I really enjoyed it! Now here are my thoughts on it:

I love the characterizations of everyone involved in the Mekakushi-dan, especially Marie, Kido, Kisaragi, Kano, and Ene! I like that Kido seems so tough but she's actually afraid of haunted houses.

Also the way they used their eye powers during the mall situation to take down the bad guys was really cool! It was exciting to see them all team up in a "what's gonna happen next :O" situation!

Also, the way Ene blackmails Takahiro constantly is hilarious. Girl knows what she wants and she's gonna get it, even if it requires blackmailing her closest friend! :miku_lili:

Also, I'm lowkey upset because I just found a very spoilery bit of Ene's backstory when a google'd her because I couldn't remember Takahiro's name. I'm just gonna try to forget I read that! Argh! :rin_lili:

(At least it confirmed my theory about Ene. Still looking forward to seeing what her backstory is, though!)

Hears hoping I find copies of the rest of the volumes soon! Kagerou Daze is a great manga, and I recommend it to anyone looking for an enjoyable read with lots of cliffhangers, action, and interesting characters!

If anyone wants to see my thoughts on some other Vocaloid light novels, I had initially made a separate journal entry, which is linked below!

Last edited:

Kazumimi

Sukone Tei Propagandist
Staff member
So, it's officially 2020 as of yesterday! I think it's gonna be a great year and there's a lot of stuff I'm looking forward to; particularly Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mega39's, and Piapro NT's release! I think 2020 will be great year for vocal synths!

"Achievements" in 2019

• I crossed 250 subscribers on Youtube and, not only that, but also had three videos surpass 1000 views! That's such a huge milestone for me. I also looked back at the comments on all my covers, and, man, everyone has been so nice to me. I kinda want to make a video to thank my subscribers for being so nice, but I don't have any ideas...
  • I've gotten much more comfortable tuning Vocaloids, which was difficult for me for quite some time. I've also managed to get much better at mixing, and, honestly, when I listen to my old covers, they're kinda hard to listen to because now I notice just how bad the mixing was on some of them. My UTAU tuning has improved significantly, too, starting with my cover of "the Snow White Princes is" with Tei.
  • I submitted my first tutorial, and managed to contribute three different resources to vocal synth fandom.
  • My art style has improved greatly. (Now if I could just get SAI running on my Mac I could actually finish coloring a drawing so I can stop showing off artwork from a year ago.)
  • I opened up commissions, which I'm really excited about. Currently I'm hoping to make enough to upgrade my computer and also get Piapro NT. (Upgrading a computer is a bit of a lofty goal to achieve through commissions only, but it's worth a shot anyways.)

Vocal Synth related plans for 2020
  • Make enough off of commissions to buy Piapro NT and still be able to put some earnings towards a computer upgrade.
  • Get to do a second collab
  • Make an original with Tei and Len (if I can write three fanfictions with them, then surely I'm capable of eventually writing an original song, right? Even if I have to do it in Engrish because my Japanese isn't as good as I thought.)
  • Study enough Japanese to get to N3 and, I dunno, actually be able to read Japanese. I can speak and hold a decent conversation, but can't read Japanese to save my life because of all of the kanji and my limited vocabulary. (I really want to be able to translate songs and information, as well as send business emails.)
  • Finally finish those darned covers of Pizzicato Drops and RIP=Release. I keep losing my motivation to work on either of the two.
  • Create remakes of some of my favorite covers that could stand to be redone with updated tuning and much better mixing. (I've been trying to do Sand Planet, but for some reason every time I try to work on it, Piapro freezes up and crashes when I go to save.)
Covers due to be released soon:
  • Tengaku (Teto)
Covers recently released

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)