• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

---

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
im no master at mixing but i think this sounds really good! the audio is pretty well balanced imo. idk if there are to be harmonies in certain parts of the cover? but the part where the song picks up, it feels it could do with a little more reverb or something. nothing too heavy but to maybe make it feel a little less flat on not of the instrumental!

Reactions: ---

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
ooooo! this actually sounds very good thus far! Like morrysillusion said, maybe adding some harmonies or reverb at points would make it sound better

But, this does sound good so far! I can hear her voice over the music, but it isn't too loud!

IO+

Resonance47
Apr 22, 2021
Overall is pretty balance mix but the S sound at 0:14 and 0.38-0:39 are quite aggressive if my ear are accurate you can setting the de-esser to work around 5.5-6.5kHz it's should do the job fine but keep in mind that all you need to do is control it, not remove it.

Another trick that i use is mono reverb it's still keep vocal center because it just a mono, But still create an (fake) space
also the chorus part or riff/hook you can increase more gain to the vocal because chorus part of this song is pretty dense with electric GTR on both side the 0.5-1.0db gain boost should do just fine but if you already like what it is, That's fine.

The thing about mono reverb is it create the distance (depend on pre delay setting) not the space but our brain will reconstruct "the space" but actually has no space or you can say "create delusion" and because chorus are very dense with all stuff especially the electric GTR are most likely to use spring or plate reverb (stereo) so the mono reverb will separate them apart and don't need to fight on both side (L , R)

if you still confused try to listen 0:02-0:03 repeatedly the high note piano and electric gtr suck all vocal.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)