• Hello Guest, recently a massive leak of e-mails and passwords ocurred on the internet. Please read more in here to see if you have been compromised.
  • Bookmarks are back! Read more in here.

Late Nights with the Konasaur (AKA Kona's Journal)

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Hey dinosaurs! It's a late night, so here is tonight's journal

SCHOOL

I took my first three SAT Subject Tests today and hhh didn't go so hot
Math was really, really easy for me, except I missed a page because I'm bad at turning pages so...five questions down the drain
I realized now I know like zero US History because I really only care about war history and I swear we did not cover all this in my US History class, but at least I know I suck before state and AP testing this week
and English...I was just over it by that point and it was FILLED with the "what does the author mean b this" questions where you could seriously argue any of them...also they were all fiction stories so I don't know what the author wanted me to think the author wanted

This week I have US History stateandAP testing, and Physics AP so that will be what I am working on, probably more so history because...at least physics gives me formulas to help figre stuff out. Also I am good at phsics with the exception of rotational kinematics because I just really did not like or understand it.

But I have THREE WEEKS LEFT! May 24th is my last day of school and then, I can prepare for SAT Subjects on June 1 and relax until mid-June when I do the work program. Though my test might be moved because accommodations and my school isn't an option in June...though I can just go to the college and take it. Keeping in mind, I live in a baby city (funny as it is one of the fastest growing populations in the US among other fun titles) that only has one community college and that's it.
I am also considering taking the ACT just to try it....no one really talks about it and I could use another challenge that isn't US history. It has a shorter time limit than SAT which is the only thing I worry about, but I do get double time so maybe...

//And lemme just say I hate SU History a lot. Like I'm really good at history, but I just...care so little about the specifics in politics that US History and me don't get along. Like I get why I should care about all the historical stuff in politics and the US but I just hate politics so much and it's not my thing. I can do all the wars, I can do all the art history, and I can do a decent amount of country growth, but you throw in presidents, embargos, and acts and I'm out

in other news....I might stay in choir. If I can get into varsity mixed, instead of "varsity" treble. I mean, it IS technically varsity choir regardless, we are submitted as a varsity choir for contest and numbers, but I know it's not as good.
My physics teacher told me he put robotics as my science course for next year, so that means Istill get my elective and I don't have to take a science next year which is really, really exciting. Robotics counts as research adn design, and I'll takry le it haha
Because of that, the only conflict now is that robotics and choir are the same period...unless I am in varsity mixed. So I'm gonna talk to my choir teacher sometime because while a lot of the time, I don't find choir as enjoyable, I just want t say I can do varsity mixed. It's more of a showing my teacher I'm capable even if sight reading isn't exactly the easiest thing--since it's the audition normally. It's also a matter of I want to be committed, because it's like, right there. So very close to being the end, and I can get a voice coach again because all of the actually good ones...will only take students from varsity mixed, which is awful but how it is, I suppose

MUSIC

I am currently recording the first Kona cover of a Vocaloid song, or a few. I'm doing practice takes in between study times so I can be fully confident with my singing.
I couldn't find any really higher songs I would like to cover yet, so they are lower, which is great to strengthen my pop voice more but also...I can't sing in that lower register without warming up. I can get to whistle tones with little to no warm up, but god forbid I need to singing in the same range as my talking voice. At least, I want to train my voice to not need a warm up for my pop voice, especially because I have become more and more fond of my pop voice lately.
I want to try doing a cutesy song too, just to see if I can make my pop voice higher in tone so it sounds closer to how my mixed and head voice sound. Just some fun experimenting, probably gonna do that all with Mitchie M songs honestly. I do want to cover News 39, which may be a good first choice because talking parts, my pop voice gets higher when I sing after speaking (becaue my enthusiastic spaeking gets high occasionally) but also I wrote translyrics to Freely Tomorrow once...wonder if they're any good or if I finished them

I am gonna cover a mix of English and Japanese songs for now, with the latter hopefully helping my Japanese pronunciation too. Gotta increase all my skills at once if I have the abilityto

Though speaking of improving, I have a new goal to enhance my singing. I want to learn a new skill as often as I can if possible. From now to July, I want to work on m po voice, but along with that I want to sharpen my ability with singing malismas.
A malisma is basically just a vocal riff, or more simply. same syllable multiple notes, Meghan Trainor does them a lot if you need an example (the beginnign of No is a good one). It is a really hard skill and while I can do them, I can't do them very fast and falshy. and sometimes, I just gotta be flashy, y'know? I can do a fast malisma for about three notes, and everything else sounds so bad. So that's my focus
After that, I want to do some cool stuff like growl, but that will be hell to learn--you should've seen me when I learned to do vocal fries. It took me two weeks to be able to do them without killing m voice after an hour, and it really does strain...which I mean is what a vocal fry really is but whatever, it hurt but I can do them now without any pain. I think my biggest issue is I get scared of these rougher techniques because I am so very used to singing how I do, and especially in choir and solo singing, it has to be so clear and smooth I have gotten in trouble for a glottal stop before.
//Ironically though, while I am a huge fan of pop music, I use a lot of pop rock type stuff to improve my pop voice...maybe I shouldn't do that

And a singing tip! For anyone who is trying to learn to sing or improve it, always use singers in the same range as you and especially look at gender. If you are female, sing your favorite songs byfeamel artists or covers because the voice is different for both when it comes to pop, and you'll naturally strain yourself because your mind tries to math the exact pitch when you might need to be an octave above or below for your best voice. I have the issue a lot because I listen to almost exclusively male artists, and almost all females I listen to are lower alto voices, and it stunted my growth for a while. But of course, working on my pop chest voice makes that a better thing for me

In production news, I have 3 WIPs right now. One of which is a new one I started today that somehow turned into a very experimental generic winter song? I am still working on it, but if it ends up any good, I will make it a real song. It's the only one I'm unsure about wright no.

I am also gonna share some dead WIPs sometime, I have two of them. One is the very first song I made when I got Luka V4X (so also my first time using Studio One) and one is a Japanese song test with LUMi, that I may just change the lyrics and use Avanna but I like it even if my Japanese is bad--it was just to practice writing Japanese while using a nice tune I had made, and I don't think I'll finish it sadly

I have become more experimental in my producing, and I am really happy about that. My two star WIPs I have are ver different, one is a generic EDM pop song and one is more a mainstream-style pop song, the latter of which is more what I want my style to be. I have been trying different things here and there and I think the sound really nice, and are both at halfway done. The first will be with IA English, and the latter will be with two versions--one of myself and one of Avanna.
Both of those are being made together, but there are little things in each that you can see I'm either experimenting with or trying to build from wat I've done before. My favorite of the two is the more mainstream pop sounding one, but I also have the least ideas for that. I am listening to a lot of music that inspires the style I kinda wanna go for thouhg, and I think my own style of producing is starting to develop in that.

My passion for music has grown a lot lately, and I have completely stopped doing anything but music in my free time. I have stopped playing video games, drawing, reading, just everything. I either spend my time just singing, playing my piano, or producing. Though I will say ith all this dedication, I should focus on my other instruments too because I guarantee I don't remember like anything of guitar and viola by this point...haven't played those in ears, but I do play the others occasionally

MOMO THE CHIHUAHUA

Mocha did a great job on herfirst trip two weeks ago! She actually slept the entire car ride, both to and from Austin so that made things a lot easier there.

She got along with both my sisters' dogs really well, and well...she kinda ruled the house a little and was both the youngest and the bully. She basically spent all her time stealing food from my sister's big dog, of which she is too small for standard kibble to she ate like two and was full, and chasing both the other dogs around everywhere.

My sister's house is actually two stories, and someone was a natural at the stairs! I have a video of Momo going down the stairs that I'll post ltaer but it was extremely cute because each step was probably as tall as she was.

IT made Momo very bold when she came home...except my sister's big dog is a lab/husky mix and my big dog is a German Shepherd so Momo challenging through the door didn't go so well. She is curious about her, but my German Shepherd is very overprotective of the house and is still not used to seeing Momo inside.

Kinda related to Momo but not really, my German Shepherd, who's named Cleo if you wanted to know, turned a year old on Thursday! She and Momo were born the same ear, just Cleo is a May baby and Momo isa December baby. so we've had a lot of...fun dealing with two babies at once. I'll share a picture of Cleo if I can go out and take one sometime, Momo doesn't much like if I go to see the other dogs outside. Cleo is very much huge though. For context because I know zer oexacts, my German Shepherd that passed away last year was a monster, she was 100 lbs--much bigger than the average female German Shepherd and certainly so of males too, and Cleo at barely a year old is already larger than she was at seven years old. Cleo also has the bark of a male dog, it's very ,very deep and I don't think you could tell she was actually a puppy and a female since we got her in August.

Here's my doggy dynamic of my little pack too, just to have some fun interesting stuff here
Papi is my oldest dog. a 10 year old Chihuahua that hates the indoors and rules the outdoors. He is in charge and just a grumpy old man now because he gets playful and mad at the others
Kou, or Kou-various suffix for nicknames (anything from Koukou to Kouli-roli, we just call him anything at this point as long as it sounds close enough) is a 3 year old Pomeranian that is a wimp but owns the yard adn every toy in it. He's our star athlete that loves playing ball, especially loving soccer balls
Cleo is my year old German SHepherd still finding her place in the pack, she is more or less just my guard dog and is very much that.
Mocha or Momo (and other variant nicknames from anywhere from Mimo to Momo Romo) is five months old and she is more or less that dog they keep seeing in the window to the pack. She has only met Papi so far because he is tolerant and has good manners, Kou is...a bad influence and he has definitely done that troublemaker middle child influencing the youngest outdoors with Cleo, and Cleo is a little big and scary for MOmo

IF you can't tell, my family loves voels haha. Though I actually named all the dogs, and I suppose that's why Papi is not with an O since I was...eight. Maybe I'll go into how I chose everyone's names sometime, since I remember it for all four

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Math was really, really easy for me, except I missed a page because I'm bad at turning pages so...five questions down the drain
I had something like that happen, too. Fortunately I caught it and wound up having to recopy like half my answer sheet during the couple minute break between two tests, but yeah.
So very close to being the end, and I can get a voice coach again because all of the actually good ones...will only take students from varsity mixed, which is awful but how it is, I suppose
Hope choir works out for you, if you want to stay in it. Why do the good voice coaches want to teach only mixed if treble is better?
But I have THREE WEEKS LEFT! May 24th is my last day of school and then, I can prepare for SAT Subjects on June 1 and relax until mid-June when I do the work program.
:kaito_move: Exciting! Summer is one of my favorite seasons. I keep wanting to do a summer song...I'll do it one of these days, when I figure out better what I want to do with it.
I am currently recording the first Kona cover of a Vocaloid song, or a few. I'm doing practice takes in between study times so I can be fully confident with my singing.
In production news, I have 3 WIPs right now.
Nice!

3 songs is exciting! If it were me, I'd be pleased that there are that many, because it would be more likely that I'd think one worked out enough to finish :) . But it seems like it's more likely that you'll finish all/most of yours, whereas I've so far worked on stuff and then scrapped it for one reason or another. That's getting closer to changing, though.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Hey Dinosaurs! I have a free minute and it's not...that late as of starting to rite this but this is really just a project journal so it doesn't count

@mobius017
I've gotten major test anxiety lately so maybe that's why I keep missing pages and questions in my tests haha...ironically enough, I took my AP Physics test and was hardly anxious at all whereas my US History state testing had me dying, and the latter was a lot easier in the end--but I didn't skip questions on either!

I'm not really sure why the voice coaches do what they do in picking students, but it really is a shame. Having one before had really helped me with my confidene on an extreme level, though I think I mostly have the hang of coaching myself with my knowledge at this point, maybe just need that even extra confidence boost? Though it is fun having a personal coach

You'll get there eventually, don't worry! I scrapped a bunch of WIPs before my first song, for a multitude of reasons, though anytime I listen back to them (and was only able to save two in the transfer of computers sadly) they aren't as bad as I thought originally. I guess it's more of a trying to find a song you feel so passionate and inspired to make that really gets you going!

YEARLY AVANNA PROJECT

I wanted to talk about this first and foremost, for those with no Twitter or otherwise, and those that have a Twitter, I'd like to first say you should totally vote in my poll to help me decide if I should fully create this idea. Not sure if non-Twitter users can vote, but if not, would still love to hear your input!

I've been very inspired lately with all the Miku and IA stuff, such as Snow Miku, Magical Mirai, and IA's anniversary themes. I thought about it, and I'd really like to do something of that of my own, with my favorite Vocaloid of course, Avanna. I have a lot of ideas already, and this first year would be pretty slow as I'm getting things started and formulated but I think it could be a lot of fun and help support the community and Avanna!

A little theme idea sneak peak for VVN, I did originally want to be simple and do Snow or Birthday/Magical Mirai inspired BUT I got an even better idea. I think those two ideas are lovely and all, but they feel simple to me and I think Avanna deserves so much more. I won't say specifically what I have in mind yet, but it may be a bit of a challenge in the theme song department, though I say that from a non-generic theme standpoint--seeing as Snow always comes with the stereotypical sounds like jingle bells, music boxes, harps, and the like. There are still a number of go to instruments you could use here technically, and I think it'd be fun. The illustroducation part would especially b e fun to see with the ideas I have.

My ideas for theme songs: The first one would likely be by yours truly, just to get things started, but after that, I'd like to go the same route as Miku events and half a different producer each year, of course from our Western community mainly! This would be done by volunteer/application for a while until I have stable funds to commission producers, but I think it gives a lot of fun opportunity to those smaller, unrecognized producers.
My ideas for design and illustration: I'll make polls for this with my ideas more specifically later, but for now, I'll say this. I want to have it as a contest, similar to Snow Miku contests, but voted on by the community in some way, so that the community has a big part in the winning design. Every year will have a theme, and the contest will run for about a month before a design is decided. I am thinking they would create a reference (similar again to Snow Miku), and after that is done that artist would create the complete official illustration, unless they would prefer not to, in which case, I will ask for volunteers or commission if I have the funds.

A lot of this right now will be volunteer work, but I do hope someday that I will be able to give payment for all the hardwork put in by everyone who gets involved. That'll probably be a few years of settling and developing the idea to its fullest efore then though, to keep things as great as they can be.

That is the very small and vaue intro I'll give to the project for now, await more details later depending on how this all goes.

-

Honestly, not much has happened since my last journal, so this will be it for now. Consider this a special sneak peak journal!

Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
You'll get there eventually, don't worry! I scrapped a bunch of WIPs before my first song, for a multitude of reasons, though anytime I listen back to them (and was only able to save two in the transfer of computers sadly) they aren't as bad as I thought originally. I guess it's more of a trying to find a song you feel so passionate and inspired to make that really gets you going!
Thanks very much for the encouragement! I'm sure Miku and I will put something together before too long!

I hope your Avanna event goes well, if you end up going ahead with it! Could be really neat! Definitely sounds like an ambitious project!

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Hey Dinosaurs! I have some stuff to talk about, so here I am to get started with it!

VOCALOID

Firstly, as I hit 100 followers on Twitter today, I decided to give myself a little present, and now I own Ruby. I bought her off Sonicwire, and lemme just say, in the short time I have messed around with her, she ahs become my second favorite female Engloid...sorry Cyber Diva.
Will talk more about it, later

I also wanted to bring up that I bought Mikoto...because I can't remember if I ever mentioned that. I have been a bit too busy to really mess with them all that much though, so we'll have to wait to know more of my thoughts on them. I'll be getting Hime too sometime, but I don't wanna pay shipping prices so I'm just getting one at a time.

BLOGS

I am starting blogs soon, and Ruby is actually gonna be helping me to do that.

My first blog will be a series originally just planned for Amino, but it is Kona's Vocaloid First Thoughts! I buy Vocaloids...often if that isn't obivious already, so I would love to talk about my first impressions using them, and having another blog with strictly reviews after at least three months of owning/using a Vocaloid--and you can even compare my first thoughts from my review later! I think it'd be nice and may help some people out.

I'm not talking too much about Ruby and Mikoto because they are going to be my first subjects, since Ruby is new for me and I have hardly touched Mikoto enough. Everything will be there in those blogs that you can read.

I'll be hosting my stuff on Blogger, and created a Blogger account already so I can get that all setp as iwrite my blogs. These will be done kinda lax since I'll be writing in my free time, and since this is my second to last week fo school, I will be getting a lot more done soon enough.

AVANNA PROJECT

My Avanna project is a go! I am gonna create a separate Twitter from mine for it wher I will host polls and other input things in order to get a feel for what I should do for this project. I'll post on that when it becomes a reality soon

I have decided I want to do the first year of it in 2020, so that gives me plenty of time to formally plan and get input for everything I would like to do. The rest of this year and early next year will be all focused on that, but I'm still planning the timeline for it all.

I have decided the theme though, and that will be announced once the official Twitter is created! I think the theme/idea is avery cute and fitting for Avanna in particular, and I hope you all agree that it is a good idea!

KONA COVERS

Still working on my first cover to make myself an official utaite hehe.

I'll reveal here as a VVN exclusive take what songs I have been practicing and debating with
You'll Never Break Me by hiyimi
News 39 by Mitchie M
Just Be Friends acoustic arrangement by Nataneal A.

Those are all my main picks right now that I've been practicing lately.

I chose each one just based off different things I like to sing. The first is a song by a friend, and it's closer to the kinda mainstream pop stuff I am used to singing at least in melody and such. News 39 lets me do some voice acted singing, expression wise, like I did with my Pokemon mic test. That's a strong point of mine, I think, because I do like doing it and I am a very expression and emotional singer. The last is just a Just Be Friends arrangement that I fell in love with and I think it'd actually sound fairly nice with my voice type and a bit of a different singing style from what I've already shown

I also kinda wanna cover AiDee because I love that song a lot and it could showcase two different styles of my voice (and perhaps different tones in general) and it'd just be fun

...I wanna cover like every Mitchie M song but my voice just isn't cute enough for like. most of them

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Firstly, as I hit 100 followers on Twitter today, I decided to give myself a little present, and now I own Ruby. I bought her off Sonicwire, and lemme just say, in the short time I have messed around with her, she ahs become my second favorite female Engloid...sorry Cyber Diva.
Will talk more about it, later
Congratulations, fellow Ruby owner! :ruby_ani_lili:

Your blog sounds like it'll be really informative to read! Looking forward to it!
My Avanna project is a go! I am gonna create a separate Twitter from mine for it wher I will host polls and other input things in order to get a feel for what I should do for this project. I'll post on that when it becomes a reality soon
:kaito_move:

Reactions: TheStarPalace

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Hey dinos! I've been pretty good at this weekly thing haha, wonder how long I can keep it up

INSTRUMENTS

I am getting a ukulele! I already ordered it and it's coming on Tuesday, and I am just...so excited.

Ukulele seems like a very random choice of instrument honestly, but to explain it a bit....I haven't played my guitar in years really, I doubt I even really remember how to play it because I've just stuck to key and wind instruments and thrown my strings to the side (and I have a broken string on my viola I haven't replaced yet). I want to get back into playing guitar specifically, but it is a pretty big instrument for me, at least the one I have that was a gift from my parents. I figure picking up ukulele would really help me get back into playing strings, since they're smaller and easier to handle and I have more options of where to play because of how small they are.

I still don't like ukulele as much as guitar, but I figure it's a super good choice especially given I'll be thinking towards college a lot more since I'm going to be a senior next year, and I want to have some instruments on me, but I don't think I can casually bring and store my MIDI keyboard or my electric guitar while I'm staying in a college dorm haha. So it's really good for that, on top of an actually cute sound that I'd love to try recording and making songs with.

I'll let you guys know about my learning process once it gets here~

SCHOOL

I just finished all my AP testing! I think I did relativel okay, except for Computer Science A because my teacher was...not the best at all and we learned how to write zero code for any of the things covered in the free response, which was nice. But at the least, I can say I gave it my all and tried to do my best with my very limited ability of writing code. I do think I probably did best on US History or Physics though, so we'll have to find out.

I also emailed my choir teacher abut next eear since I was AP testing and not in class...and he said he'd take it into consideration. Can't tell if that's a no or he'll talk to me on MOnday cause...Monday is my clast day of choir this year.
I had my final choir concert on Thursday, which went really well. The theme was Rock n Roll so actually one where I kew like any of the songs, unlike the last two years where we did Disney and Broadway...two things I definitely don't ever follow really. I have gotten a lot of anxiety lately, and it was really noticeable during the concert apparently, at least according to my parents. My mom was also disappointed that I didn't try out for a solo, which I mean, I would've loved to except ya know, I don't actually know that many rock songs I would like to sing as a solo anyway. Granted, only one of the soloists sang a rock song....one of them literally got away with singing a piano ballad and? That did not fit the theme at all. I get scared about getting a solo though, and have wanted to try for one since ninth grade, but always thought it would just be too complicated to figure out since...I can't exactly see so I would need help getting to the stage, getting the mic, and that whole transition. And transitions are what give me the most anxiety at concerts, so yeah. But next year, if I get into choir, I will probably audition for a solo just to say I had one.

But also a funny kinda thing I was thinking about because of the concert, do you think I can have super vague singer bragging rights because I technically have performed on the same stage Elvis has once? It seems really funny to me because that souonds like woah that's so cool, except Elvis performed...in my school's auditorium in the 50's, Pretty sure that's like my school's proudest moment right there since we're such a small city honestly, we're not even that small in population anymore but we're still the nowhere town. So don't tell anyone I'm exaggerating, but if anyone asks, I'm totally such a good, professional singer that I have performed on the same stage as ELvis has, I'm just not telling you the venue name.

I'm also considering cancelling my SAT SUbject Tests in JUne because I'm a little stressed about accommodations for those and honestly a little drained form school, so I think I want to just move them...which means not taking German because it is only offered in JUne, but that's okay I suppose. It's was mainly to get the language as a impression point on applications, even if I didn't do so well. If two of my scores are good, I'll do those, but otherwise, I want to take Physics, probably redo US History because I already know that was...bad, and some third one when I register again. I don't wanna overwhelm myself and I do still have time to test if I really want to.

MUSIC

I am going to TRY to get a song out urig the summer or early fall, I really really want to but I don't know if it'll happen. My mind is a little drained from things so my creativity is a little down, but I have one WIP that I think is just so good and I can't wait to have it as a finished song and be able to share it with you guys.

I also really wanna start working on an EP, but that's probably just going to be some songs that I really liked put together as they come and sound good together. I expect it'll be like 3-5 songs probably, not too bad for a first EP.

THE KONASAUR BRAND

I have the sketch for my persona!! A good artist friend on Amino is helping me work on it, and it's just so cute, I love my persona/OC so far. I can't wait until it's all done and I can show you guys what it looks like. I told her to just go as she interpreted my personality and gave her some phots of me as reference, and she did a very good job? I suppose I really interpret myself online very well because...she got it down as accurately to even get my clothing style down pretty well! It makes me really excited and happy about everything~

I'm also trying to come up with ideas for a new banner, which I have a couple ideas right now but I don't know what would be cutest. Like one idea I had that I am kind aliving for is a chibi style artwork of my OC sitting on a long neck dinosaur, which would be really cute but I also don't know many people who can...draw a dinosaur in a commission. I suppose I can give a reference of some clipart or something that's similar and just ask? But I dunno. I have other ideas, but I don't really know how to explain them very well.

I want to start making a logo too, or just some cute watermark and I have some sketches and ideas for it, but I need to full develop and then commission it.
Some ideas I have are: one, just full Konasaur, but like my Twitter username, a long neck between the a and s just hanging out, or one I knda liked even better but don't know how to sketch, that idea except the dino's tail forms the s, and two, just the long neck and the letter K for a simple logo. I feel like I just need a little dino dude there, it's like my most iconic thing honestly.

I also want to potentially make separate social media and channels for mainstream music stuff, sincee I do listen to that quite a bit more than Vocaloid these days. I just don't want to mix to areas of music when there are different demographics for both, ya know? Like anime and video games covers will stay with base Konasaur, but mainstream covers go on its own. I am debating on how to do it though and I am somewhat considering even branding that side under my real name, since my name is unique enough that it's probably as easy to find me with as when you search Konasaur and find pretty much just me right away. I mean, my name is also spelled different from the default speling, so that helps too. Not sure on that yet though, but we'll see.
I wanted to start a YouTube channel once of just random things, under my real name, and I still might. It's kinda a different side of things, but I think it could be something fun to do. I just don't have time to ever record a video, or the ideas for content right now that aren't "watch Momo eat a piece of bacon for ten minutes" really.

MOMO THE CHIHUAHUA

I have Momo updates this time!!I finally got to posting the video fo Momo coming down the stairs at my sister's house, which is so cute especially when you keep in mind the steps are as tall as she is.

Momo has been especially cute lately, that or I just love her a lot. She also is super petty and I love it. Every morning, she usually will go say good morning to both my parents. with her little puppy hugs and everything. Of which, I've never talked about but she gives hugs, like she stands up and wraps her front legs around you as much as she can and it's so cute. But anyway, she got in trouble and so the next morning, she did said good morning to everyone except my mom who was the one who got mad at her. She's never done that before but it as really funny to me.

And I think Momo was just meant to live in Texas even if she's from Louisiana. The other day, I was eating Whataburger, which is literally the fast food staple of Texas pretty much, and Momo was going crazy over it. She wanted fries so bad for some reason, every tiem I got rownoone out, she woutart bouncing and trying to get me to give it to her. She begs normally around food like most pups do, but she has never gotten so excited over food before, and definitely never been so desperate to get it. My dad told me to try giving her one fry just to see her reaction, and just holding it over her, she starting jumping and trying to get it and doing all these little dances and stuff. SHe was just so in love with the smell or something....

SONG RECOMMENDAIONS

I thought I'd throw this in because I have been listening to a lot of music lately.
This time, I'm also gonna put a little blurb about why I have liked the song so much lately! Just so you can get an idea and maybe listen to some that you think you might like.

For mainstream music, here's some stuff I've been enjoying:
If I Can't Have You by Shawn Mendes
This song has really gotten stuck in my head and I really anna cover it, like it's just a good song. This song really kinda reminds me of Zedd's newer stuff in a weird way, like just the way the song is formulated reminds me of Stay and The Middle, except with that Shawn Mendes acoustic flair. It's also a really sweet song just about missing someone...and as the chorus says "everthing means nothing if I can't have you"
Lost in Japan by Shawn Mendes
Originally, I only liked the Zedd remix, but the original has really started growing on me a lot more than the remix. I am really liking the newer Shawn Mendes style of just no breaks in the song really, just constant singing. This again has sweet, romantic tones because that is a lot of Shawn Mendes' songs and something I love in music/ This is a nice chill song to listen to, and I especially recommend it if you like the synth and pop styles of like...80's/90's because I do get those vibes of mixing that style and synth usage with the style of current pop with that same Shawn Mendes acoustic flair mixed in.
Sugar by Maroon 5 Ukulele arrange cover by Ruth Anna Mendoza
I found this one today in my excitement of ordering my ukulele, and it's so good. This song, if you know the original, doesn't seem like it'd be so good on ukulele but it sounds amazing, and the singing is really wonderful too. It's a nice relaxing, sweet twist on the song honestly, and I just love like any acoustic cover of Maroon 5 songs, they are just maent for it honestly.

...and those have been my listens, because I really have only been listening to the classics in Vocaloid lately, so those aren't as fun to list. It's a lot more fun to share newer-is music and the ones I happen to find and listen to more are mainstream, just because it's a lot easier to pick up than going to find new Vocaloid music every day.

Reactions: David K.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Your new OC looks really fun! Good luck with ukulele! I've seen cell phone apps that offer a MIDI keyboard; wouldn't be the same thing as bringing your keyboard with you, obviously, but might be useful if you just needed to hear the notes or something. Of course, the DAW on your laptop would be able to do that, too....

But also a funny kinda thing I was thinking about because of the concert, do you think I can have super vague singer bragging rights because I technically have performed on the same stage Elvis has once? It seems really funny to me because that souonds like woah that's so cool, except Elvis performed...in my school's auditorium in the 50's,
Ha ha, maybe bragging rights isn't quite the right word, but there's no reason not to be proud of it! That's cool! Something to tell your fans someday!

I finally got to posting the video fo Momo coming down the stairs at my sister's house, which is so cute especially when you keep in mind the steps are as tall as she is.
That's adorable! She's working hard! Tall stairs don't keep her down (or up)!

Reactions: David K.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
USA
@mobius017 Thank you! I'll be talking more about my new OC the next time I post a journal. I really like how she turned out hehe
I'm thinking about maybe investing in a smaller 25-key MIDI keyboard so that I can still have something at least. It'll be harder to work with, but better than having nothing...I'm not trying to show up at a dorm with all my musical instruments though haha

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Hey dinosaurs! I''m doing another journal while in class (at least starting one), so don't expect oo much for now
I'll be sure to post again when I can at home to update and give more information

MY OC/PERSONA

I finally have my OC! I don't have a specific name for her so she's just...little Kona for right now I guess. The art for her was done by Kizuragi Rin, a friend of mine who also helped me in designing her!

I think the design is a bit rough around the edges still, but I still really love how she looks and I'll probably keep it this way for a while. I'll also be commissioning art of her anytime I can, so probably a lot in the summer (I already have a list of some people I'd like to commission)

To explain her design a bit, I gave Rin some photos of myself and we discussed ideas from there, so she does look like me! I think the big differences between her and myself though are probably just the hair. My hair is quite a bit darker than hers, though still brown. IRL I actually get mistaken for having black hair all the time, even though it's brown. My hair has also gotten longer, reaching to about....the top of my thighs if not mid-thigh? Something around there, but in little Kona's art it looks more like it'd end at the bottom of her back, which I think is still super cute for her.
The hairstyle itself is very, very accurate! I always wear my hair down and my bangs are always cut straight across with longer strands on the sides to frame, and I manually attempt to side sweep it from there (some days look better than others haha). I also have a tendency of my hair is so much because it's so think and long that I have hair that moves to the front on both sides, though usually I try to keep it more on one side (similar to Luka).

The outfit itself was designed a lot by Rin with my input and description of my fashion style + what can be seen in the photos I shared. I almost always wear light colors, and I tend to wear more...feminine outfits? I wear as much as I own, usually dresses and skirts or jeans with a super feminine top. That really makes no sense, but I'm still going with that description.
I think the outfit reminds me a lot of like, whata Pokémon protagonist would wear fro some reason, and it makes me love it even more.

I told Rin for the pose and little details just to have free realm based on how she thought of me, and this is whatshe came up with! I absolutely adore it, but it is funny seeing because some friends of mine have said it looked "way too cute and friendly" while others said it was perfect. I think in a neutral pose, it would fit just perfect to fit both sides that people apparently see me as, but I'd also like to give her an alternative design.

OTHER OC'S

I want to create more OCs, as I mentioned once on Twitter.
And like I mentioned, the first one will be the Kona that I named myself after--a character in a story I wrote (and still revise and rewrite constantly). It's something I've wanted to do for a while, but not with my bad art skill. More distinct from my little Kona, her full name is Konami so that is probably better for distinction. Konami is a character of mine that has existed for...over six years at least, so she's really close to my heart. Originally, she WAS going to be my main OC, but then I wanted to try another character more based off me.

To kinda describe Konami, she's a lot different from my little Kona. The hair is, unintentionally, similar in style, but she isn't really intended to be "cute". I think if I were to compare her more to Vocaloids...I think her style/character would be more like....Luka V4X, UNI, IA Rocks, etc. Those seem like weird comparisons together, but I think it kinda makes sense,,,kinda. You'll see her when she is completed, and it'll hopefully make sense.

COVERS

I will be recording more covers! As I am typing, I'm currently at my last day of school, so I will have a lot of time to record stuff. Covers thankfully are a lot easier to get done than original stuff, and I love to make them.

The first priority was decided by a poll I had on my Twitter, and the winner was Persephone by MJQ and EmpathP! I really love this song and am happy it will get to be the first one I do a not last cover of! And maybe I'll have some extra money to get a custom illustration commissioned for it> Maybe not because I wanna get some pre-orders of stuff, but I'm hoping I can still afford it.

A fun fact about Persephone, for those that don't follow me on Twitter, I actually sang this song for my voioce coach last year! It was a time when my voice coach told me to pick songs I love to sing so that we can practice with those instead of just classical and broadway songs, and this was one of the songs I chose! We worked on it for like a week I think? I don't really remember too well but I do remember my voice coach really liked it and it helped me improve my singing a lot, especially in that softer tone.
That being said, I think the cover will turn out really good. I've also started working on my softer voice again so that will help a lot. I hope you all look forward to it just as much as I am!

I'll do other covers as time goes on in the summer, probably sprinkle in some anime covers too. I want to primarily sing English songs or covers though, since I think while I love Japanese songs, there can't be as much emotion in the singing if I don't know what I'm singing about while I'm doing it. I mean, it is possible, and I sing in Latin all the time for choir, but I personally don't like how I sound emotionally that way. I think I want to keep my covers in English and Spanish, and I'll add German and Japanse soon.

SINGING

In singing general, I sang Brothers from Fullmetal Alchemist the other night and man, it's been a while. That song is the reason I started singing more seriously, because someone told me I had a pretty voice, and that, was in seventh grade. I haven't sung that song once since then, and I can really tell I've improved a lot since then. I wish I still had my old phone voice memos, because I used to record my singing, and I would've loved to make a six year comparison (also a before voice lessons and choir to after them)

I have though started getting better control of my vibrato. Vibrato really tends to define how experienced a singer is, but it is also important to be able to control it, so that you can sing different things with different emotions. I can make my vibrato faster or stop it, but I can't for the life of me make it slower than it naturally is, so I'm not onna worry too much about that.

UKULELE

I got my ukulele a few days ago and I love it. I didn't really like ukulele too much in the past, but it slowly grew on me and now I just...I love it. And interesting to note about it, even if I'm...not at all good at it yet, it feels right for me. Like I have slowly dropped off from playing guitar, and probably don't remember much of it (but I'll relearn it after ukulele), but holding the guitar never felt as right as I thought it would--since guitar has been my second favorite instrument for years. Ukulele though has just felt right to hold and to strum, I think it was a good choice for me.

I'm mostly trying to learn how I'm going to manage my fretting right now. When I played guitar more, I had a right handed guitar and just used it upside down, with many failed attempts of trying to do it correctly. Now with ukulele, it actually feels right to me to hold it the correct way despite me being left handed. Though I will say I still instinctively hold it upside down with I first pull it out. I need to practice holding frets and chords with my left hand so I can really get the hang of it...so far? Not so good.

I'll give more updates on progress when...there is actual progress. Right now, it's just getting used to it

-

This is getting a little long though, so I'll stop it here! I'll probably continue again tonight or tomorrow night with more stuff and a lot of embeds I needed to put here but couldn't because of school.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Hey dinosaurs!! I went on an unexpected vacation but now I'm back in town, so journal time

MUSIC

I have a new song SOON.
I'm currently inputting the lyrics and will begin tuning ASAP, but finished the instrumental not too long before writing this! Probably like an hour or two ago actually.

It's a short little song, about two and a half minutes, and I more just wanted to get it done because it didn't reflect the style of my other songs and I wanted to be able to focus on those and get this little experimental EDM out there and done. I still really like this song, but I don't think it clearly reflects my production style, but is still an experiment type of song.

I don't know who will sing it yet, but my potential singers are currently: Miku V4 English, Daina, or IA English C. They also reflect the lyrics really well, and honestly, I think Miku would be a great choice depending on how easy to tune and mix in she'll end up. Hm...I'm still really thinking about it, and currently using Daina as my test vocal, but I DO want to use Miku....but originally it was going to be IA
I'll decide eventually

Lyrically, I think I would say it's like...inspirational happy? Something more like what Panic at the Disco is making right now with stuff like High Hopes and Hey Look Ma, I made It style. I've been listening to that a lot so those are a big lyric influence.

Rather than art, I am tempted to just do something simple like I did for Thousand and One or perhaps meddle with MMD possibly? That could be nice for a fact, easy art form...

I'll keep you guys posted but I hope I can get the song out in June or July if I work fast enough

MOMO THE CHIHUAHUA

This weekend was Momo's first time in our RV and...it didn't go so well

When we first left, she got pretty sick, but she did get better...though last night she got sick again. We suspect it was just home sickness and stress though since she was still very active and no loss of appetite or anything, nor was any of her symptoms lasting more than a night really. Since we got home, she has shown no symptoms of being sick anymore either, so I guess it was just nerves or leaving the house on top of other factors like in a car she stays very close to me but in the RV it is spread out so much

In her sickness, she did lose her blankets and some toys though, due to her vomiting and bladder issues...it makes me really sad but we'll buy her some new stuff probably tomorrow so she can be happy again. I was especially sad about the blankets because one of them was one she came with and the other was my Pomeranian's baby blanket. The toys were just a teddy bear, a squeaky toy, and a chew bone though, so nothing too difficult to replace and I know where to get basically carbon copies.

We'll see how her month goes, in other news. My sister and her Chihuahua Truffle are staying with us because her boyfriend is going to California for army, so Momo has a friend! Truffle isn't very socialized and isn't always the nicest, but she likes Momo quite a bit and they like to play chase together so at least Momo can get tired out more.

-

My mind is a little not in a work mood, so that's all I'm gonna journal today. I know I promised embeds but hhh next week. When I have hopefully more energy

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I have a new song SOON.
I'm currently inputting the lyrics and will begin tuning ASAP, but finished the instrumental not too long before writing this! Probably like an hour or two ago actually.
Awesome! :kaito_move:

When we first left, she got pretty sick, but she did get better...though last night she got sick again. We suspect it was just home sickness and stress though since she was still very active and no loss of appetite or anything, nor was any of her symptoms lasting more than a night really. Since we got home, she has shown no symptoms of being sick anymore either, so I guess it was just nerves or leaving the house on top of other factors like in a car she stays very close to me but in the RV it is spread out so much

In her sickness, she did lose her blankets and some toys though, due to her vomiting and bladder issues...it makes me really sad but we'll buy her some new stuff probably tomorrow so she can be happy again. I was especially sad about the blankets because one of them was one she came with and the other was my Pomeranian's baby blanket. The toys were just a teddy bear, a squeaky toy, and a chew bone though, so nothing too difficult to replace and I know where to get basically carbon copies.
Oh, ouch, that's too bad. Feel better, Momo!

Stress/homesickness sound most likely. If you held her last time, but not as much this one, it might have lessened the stress and helped her make that trip without getting sick. I wonder if motion sickness wouldn't be possible, too, depending on what you rode in when you traveled with her before. If it was something like a regular sedan, I'd think the center of gravity would be lower to the ground, so it might be a somewhat smoother ride. In something like an RV, which probably rides higher, she might get a little more swaying as you're driving.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Awesome! :kaito_move:

Oh, ouch, that's too bad. Feel better, Momo!

Stress/homesickness sound most likely. If you held her last time, but not as much this one, it might have lessened the stress and helped her make that trip without getting sick. I wonder if motion sickness wouldn't be possible, too, depending on what you rode in when you traveled with her before. If it was something like a regular sedan, I'd think the center of gravity would be lower to the ground, so it might be a somewhat smoother ride. In something like an RV, which probably rides higher, she might get a little more swaying as you're driving.
Yeah, in cars it’s much easier to keep her close by, and I bet it had to do with stress of being somewhere completely new that was essentially still a house and it moved. And I bet the fact we went to the mountains so the RV was pretty rough

Reactions: mobius017

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Hey Dinosaurs! I have a break period right now from producing, so I'd like to take the time during my late night to talk to you some!

ORIGINAL MUSIC

I am still working on the song I was talking about last time, and I have decided it's going to be done with Miku! I have already started tuning a little as I type in lyrics and such to speed the process, but tuning takes forever for me so I don't know when you should expect to see the song

In other news though, I am making a quick little song on the side that is basically going to be the same chord progression looped over because I am feeling a little lazy. It's supposed to be a more chill song, but is also my attempt at dark/edgy music! The version I will release first will be sung by myself too and I think that's really exciting.
From my poll, people wanted to see both me and Vocaloid versions of songs, so I plan to start working on the song with Gumi English (most likely) after I finish the song with myself. That'll take a while probably, so don't expect that version too soon?

I am really loving this new song despite it being a little lazy and repetitive. I mean, personally, I don't think there is a such thing as "too repetitive" in music, because if the song wasn't repetitive to an extent, there'd be nothing to really remember much and we see hits all the time that are repetitive like Shape of You by Ed Sheeran. I'm a little nervous about it and do need to tell myself that for reassurance, if you can't tell I'm doing that, because I have been told my songs were "too repetitive" before, and while it's a fair opinion, now I'm just really self conscious about it (and that's why Metallic Glass changed chords and progressions for each part of the song).
But despite that tangent, I think my favorite part of the song is the lyrics. They are pretty vague, though I do have an interpretation of my own for them, that I may or may not say eventually. I really just wrote the first thing that came to mind and tweaked as I saw fit for lyrics, and I think it allowed them to have a nice flair and mystery meaning to interpret with it.

I think for release dates...you can hope to see my song in June and my Miku song between June-September probably. The Gumi version of my song will likely be sometime just in Q4 is what I'm expecting now.

MOMO THE CHIHUAHUA

Momo has been feeling a lot better lately! She's been having a really good time with Truffle, and I'd really love to get a video of them playing together if I can. They are really cute together, especially because Truffle is a larger than average Chihuahua that's black/tan and Momo is so tiny compared to her and white/fawn, it's such a cute contrast.

Momo has also started getting in her adult teeth! Her bite is stronger than ever though, and the sure hurt. I'm hoping she learns to measure her bite soon because I don't know if I can andle her, she has the sharpest teeth of any dog I've ever had. She also has some mean nails, even after cutting and filing. You wouldn't believe how many huge scratches I have on my legs because of her...maybe I should wear pants more often haha.

GERMAN LEARNING

Well, my German test is Monday and I am not ready at all. I am really freaking out about it and cramming as much as I possibl can. even though it's not too important a test and if I don't do well, I don't even have to send those scores to colleges.

One thing I did come across though was a series called "Harry" by Deutsche Welle and while I've used their stuff before, and all the time, this has to be my favorite series of theirs. If anyone wants to learn German, this is the way to go in my opinion.
It goes from A1-B1 and is working great for reviewing for me, about 7 minute episodes and there's 100 of them and the basic plot of it is a really...just bitter guy gets stuck in a time warp in Germany, which he hates but it's his girlfrine'ds home, and he has to learn German to break the cycle.

It's really entertaining and even just watching the trailer for those not interested in learning is an experience, I think. It's bilingual in English and German so it's easy to enjoy, especially if you're into sarcastic humor.

I'm doing a lot of other stuff too, but that is hands down my favorite resource right now. Hoping it especially helps with my vocabulary memory, even though so far all I've learned is the phrase "the world is crazy, the end is near" because the have repeated it in like every episode so far.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I am still working on the song I was talking about last time, and I have decided it's going to be done with Miku!
Nice! An admirable choice, though I'm probably biased. Not that I don't have plenty of other Vocaloids I like, too.
I am really loving this new song despite it being a little lazy and repetitive. I mean, personally, I don't think there is a such thing as "too repetitive" in music, because if the song wasn't repetitive to an extent, there'd be nothing to really remember much and we see hits all the time that are repetitive like Shape of You by Ed Sheeran. I'm a little nervous about it and do need to tell myself that for reassurance, if you can't tell I'm doing that, because I have been told my songs were "too repetitive" before, and while it's a fair opinion, now I'm just really self conscious about it (and that's why Metallic Glass changed chords and progressions for each part of the song).
Yeah, it's just my armchair opinion, but I think it's sort of a balance. My thought is that you want there to be something consistent that's used throughout the song, but you can feel free to vary around that, like adding/removing different instruments/effects as you go along, or maybe changing that consistent thing a bit but keeping it recognizable. From what I've read/observed, repetition is key to music--you want to make something good/catchy and then use it enough that people will latch onto it. Think even of the rules regarding how people learn songs/poetry--because the melody and/or lyrics have a pattern/get repeated, people can learn much longer poems/songs than if they were doing something like memorize a book. Of course, at the same time, you might not want to do something like make one snippet of piano and loop it for 2.5-4 minutes as the sole instrumental accompaniment to your vocalist...though that might not be impossible, either, if the melody of the vocal itself were varying as the song progressed. It's really up to you--do what you think sounds good!

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Nice! An admirable choice, though I'm probably biased. Not that I don't have plenty of other Vocaloids I like, too.

Yeah, it's just my armchair opinion, but I think it's sort of a balance. My thought is that you want there to be something consistent that's used throughout the song, but you can feel free to vary around that, like adding/removing different instruments/effects as you go along, or maybe changing that consistent thing a bit but keeping it recognizable. From what I've read/observed, repetition is key to music--you want to make something good/catchy and then use it enough that people will latch onto it. Think even of the rules regarding how people learn songs/poetry--because the melody and/or lyrics have a pattern/get repeated, people can learn much longer poems/songs than if they were doing something like memorize a book. Of course, at the same time, you might not want to do something like make one snippet of piano and loop it for 2.5-4 minutes as the sole instrumental accompaniment to your vocalist...though that might not be impossible, either, if the melody of the vocal itself were varying as the song progressed. It's really up to you--do what you think sounds good!
I agree a lot with that way of thinking about repetition in music. I like to take a chord and progression and keep it, and just ayer onto it, because in all honesty, as long as the instrumental has some catchiness to it and goes with the song, no one is going to notice too much--especially not in pop music, which is my focus. I also like to add/remove parts of the progression to make it different, because it makes a big impact having things the same and then one section that has something different--I did that in the second verse of Thousand and One, just taking the chods and removing pieces of the progression.

I'm a huge people pleaser as much as I can, so that makes critiques a little hard for me sometimes, because even though I like my style, I want to try catering to the other opnions as well, which I tried to do in Metallic Glass with a different chord progression and chords altogether for each section of the song, verses, pre-chorus, and chorus, as well as changing progression with the mood change, which is my favorite part of it really. I think my interpretation of different in songs there was probably my extent of a "good song" with different. If anymore chords or instruments were different, the song wouldn't be consistent and just be a long line of no structure really.

I just finished my next song, and I tried something new with it again. With my lazy chord progression, I just layered things on for each section, to give them the same sound but still different enough that you know it's a different section. That's something done a lot in mainstram pop music now and I think for me in this song, it turned out really ideal and really lets me show more of what I want to and more improvement in my style as a producer.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
because in all honesty, as long as the instrumental has some catchiness to it and goes with the song, no one is going to notice too much--especially not in pop music, which is my focus.
I more or less agree with this. I think the instrumental sort of fades into the background--most non-musicians don't notice it too much unless there's something really wrong with it. That's been sort of my experience, at least. It's actually made it harder for me to try to learn, because I've tended to try to focus on the words with the stuff on the radio. Of course, there are some songs where I can't really tell what the vocalist is saying, but I like the song anyway.... Maybe for those, my obviousness is because I've had very little music training until now. Yeah, that's probably it....

I just finished my next song, and I tried something new with it again. With my lazy chord progression, I just layered things on for each section, to give them the same sound but still different enough that you know it's a different section. That's something done a lot in mainstram pop music now and I think for me in this song, it turned out really ideal and really lets me show more of what I want to and more improvement in my style as a producer.
That's great, congrats! Looking forward to hearing it!

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Hey dinosaurs! Another late night, another journal

ORIGINAL MUSIC

My next song IS DONE

I have it recorded, mixed, exported--all ready. In fact, I even have the Vocaloid version almost all ready, I just have to tune one more part and mix! I am really happy with ohw the song turned out, both my version and the Vocaloid version!
I'm thinking for release, I'll do my version first, with a single on Bandcamp having both my version and the Vocaloid one, and after a few weeks, post the Vocaloid version.

One thing I will say about this song, in terms of singing, is that this song showcases my singing in that lower tone but also both softer and powerful aspects throughout the song. I also discovered my voice just sounds really good when I make it into the "telephone effect" level of EQ...I should do that more in my songs

COVERS

I am also queueing up songs that I want to cover so I can learn and practice them! I want to cover mainly Western producers' music because they do need more recognition and content, so here I am! I have a number picked out already and it makes me very excited

MOMO THE CHIHUAHUA

I'd like to start this Momo segment with a picture of Momo and Truffle together! I caught the cousins watching TV together and it was just really cute

I think the best part of the picture is you get both their personalities in it too. Especially since you finally get to really see how Momo lays down and how her tail is curled like no dog I've ever seen in my life. She has that very childish/baby look to how she is and her tendencies. and it's emphasized by how Truffle is sitting too.
You can see the size difference here too, with Truffle being 10 lbs and Momo about 3 lbs. It's just overall really cute seeing them that way

Last weekend, Momo went to visit Truffle's house for a little too while we surprised my brother in law. She had a really good time and adjusted really easily to it, though Truffle was a bit sad to only be there a weekend. They've been doing really good together, and getting in a lot more trouble than either does on their own

MY OC

I am already working with my friend, Kizuragi Rin, to make another outfit for my OC! That sure was fast...

I already have a sketch from her with it all put together and it looks great! This other design has more of a rocker aspect to it? I'd say like Lily/IA inspired very much. I wanted something that wasn't so idol-y to also work, and also reflect another outfit style more closely to mine. And actually, I will share a hint of the design that her boots are based off boots by the designer Michael Kors that I actually own and adore so much, and I will wear them in every single opportunity I can.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Nice! Excited for your new music! It's always cool to discover new things that work really well!

Ha ha, that's a funny picture of Momo! I have some birds that will sometimes get like that when watching videos together :) .

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Hey Dinos! Another late night, and I have a lot to talk about!

RESTRAINED

My song Restrained is finally out, if you missed it! I am so very proud of it, and I really love how both versions turned out of it. I made this song in a couple das, so it's also my fastest songs so far which is really exciting because that means I'm improving!

I think I have found my style in terms of production, which the layers thing I got going on for Restrained, it just sounds good and right to me. I think especially here it made itself a perfect mix of how pop songs are and that edgy Vocaloid theme. I want to do this more, and I already have a bit in fact.
I also think these are my best lyrics and show how I have been improving lyrically. I started just singing first thing that came to mind, wrote it down, and then revised it. I found that helped make my lyrics seem more natural and meaningful then sitting there thinking forever about it. I've gotten in the habit of doing this lately, and it tells me I just need to go without really thinking, just sing whatever my heart thinks is right!

If anyone is curious on interpretation, now that it's out, while I still don't have a for certain one in mind, while writing it, and I'm sure you can see the tones, I was thinking about the perspective of a person who finds their soulmate, but doesn't want to be in love. There are a lot of reasons why that person could not want to be in love, like maybe they have bad relationship experiences or like to just mess around, or something the saw in their childhood that changed their views or something, but they just feel "restrained" by being in love. It's an interesting story, and definitely different from your usual love song. Funny as I've always wanted to write a love song and well...I wrote a song about love!

Vocally, this showcased a lot of my softer tones in singing, though I like to try having a mix of soft and powerful--something like how Miku Dark adn Solid always get XSY'd is my personal style. This song shows has much more emotion a singer has to a vocal synth as well, because even though Avanna sings very well, and I spent a lot of time tuning, I'm not a Mitchie M or Kyaami so really the bulk or the emotion of the song is in my own version. The quality is getting there though. I tuned in V4 and then rendered in V5 so that may have helped Avanna some.

Vocal synths are great, but I am finding myself starting to write songs with more passion than a computer software can give out, especially when I am not some professional tuner by any means. I think this is extremely clear at the lead in to the second pre-chorus at 1:35. I tried to tune Avanna as much as possible to be similar to the amount of just emotion and shift that you can see in my version, but it didn't work out exactly as I wanted regardless of how much I tried/ I think it could've worked out, but I'd have to find a work around, like using a Vocaloid with growl for the emotion, or maybe Miku V3 and then XSY some V4 into it? I don't know how it could be easily done, but that part just illustrates the difference in singer vs virtual singer.

UPCOMING ORIGINAL SONGS

I think I already know where I want to go next, and I just had lyrics pop up in my head right before writing this. The song I am working on is story based, and if things work out, I would like to try to make it a duet between me and Avanna. I am really into writing darker story based songs lately, and this one is no exception.

I think this one will sound especially good with my vocals, and Avanna's as well. The instrumental so far has very natural tones, just like Restrained did. This song even more so though, even the drums so far are more natural and...traditional than other songs of mine. I wanted to go for a tone of kind of a folklore song of sorts.
I'm also trying something different again, where I am continuing my layering, but also doin variations. So the verse and pre-chorus have the same instruments, but there are slight variations in them. I want to make this one that way so that the focus can be more on the vocasl and the story

UKULELE

I am still practicing! I haven't been able to do so every day, but I try to whenever I can.

I am keeping my focus on four simple chords and mastering those, as well as some strumming, before I advance more. Luckily, the chords are used in many, many songs so once I get strumming more, I can practice more easily. I am trying to just play simple songs right now, which has been fun

I'm also taking the chance to brush up guitar again, since I haven't played in years. Chord wise, I much prefer ukulele, but strumming and actually pressing down on the strings, I think guitaris easier

-

This is a short one, but I did just wanna talk a bit about my music!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)