• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Leon's covers n wips

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
OK, I ought to have a wip thread!! Maybe it'll keep me motivated LOL

Since I posted that Kaito cover, I thought I'd like to get into his quirks a little more, and started playing with an untuned VSQ I found for a song I'd never heard before. It was fun! I think he has a lot of potential if you play with vowels, splice words, and adjust OPE. So here's that snippet...
https://clyp.it/0rstqzu3
I also have a few other things in the works (a Nana cover that's so close to being done I won't post it, as well as very early-stage Leon, Lola, and Kaito V1 covers-- and here soon I plan to redo my first ever cover from years ago, with Tonio). I'll post some as progress is made!!

Reactions: ___ and peaches2217

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Thank you!! ;;v;; Kaito ENG is definitely a decent JP->ENG bank, but takes some fiddling to get actually clear results. I spend a lot of time flipping through vowels and such to find a good balance a;lsdkfjsf

EDIT: I will say, what I think is a pretty quick fix that would make any Kaito ENG use already a good bit better, is to just swap (almost) every with [e]. It just already sounds a lot more natural that way imo! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: peaches2217

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Bloop, got a cover up today. Nana my love!! ;;A;;

Still got many wips in the works. Pacify Her with Kaito is nearly done tuning but the video isn't even started, then I have stuff with Leon, Tonio, and Ryuuto on standby. Hopefully to be done in vaguely timely manner!! lol

___

Oct 8, 2019
For your crimes duuh

But I really like this cover, Nana sounds great here and her "r"s always make me laugh in serious songs I love her.

• Haha
Reactions: Leon

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
For your crimes duuh

But I really like this cover, Nana sounds great here and her "r"s always make me laugh in serious songs I love her.
als;dfjsaf I probably deserve it!

And, thank you so much!! You're both too kind <3
Nana's doing her best and that's about all I can say about her r's LOL

___

Oct 8, 2019
You're welcome!!

Oh but for real I'm not mad about her "r"s, she was meant to be a japanese accented vocal and well....that's exactly what she is, her r's included, I like her the way she is....but that's just my hot take fghtfgyhu

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Oh agreed!! She's very cute, I've come to love and accept her accent as-is. It's just a little funny 😂

Reactions: ___

Cerāgi <º•

Passionate Fan
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
Bloop, got a cover up today. Nana my love!! ;;A;;

Still got many wips in the works. Pacify Her with Kaito is nearly done tuning but the video isn't even started, then I have stuff with Leon, Tonio, and Ryuuto on standby. Hopefully to be done in vaguely timely manner!! lol
AhhzgisjzbhzilLu, I love this! 😭😭💕
From what I’m more used to hear, I have to say you really managed to “tame”/lessen her accent:gumi_lili: (like, she still has some of her own accent of course, but she sings in a quite more accurate way than usual, like a foreign speaker with a quite good knowledge of the language, don’t know if I’m suggesting the image correctly ahah😷😅, plus I can understand her fine:oliver_lili:,and she sounds really good :3✨✨)

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
AhhzgisjzbhzilLu, I love this! 😭😭💕
From what I’m more used to hear, I have to say you really managed to “tame”/lessen her accent:gumi_lili: (like, she still has some of her own accent of course, but she sings in a quite more accurate way than usual, like a foreign speaker with a quite good knowledge of the language, don’t know if I’m suggesting the image correctly ahah😷😅, plus I can understand her fine:oliver_lili:,and she sounds really good :3✨✨)
Ahh you're too kind!! I really appreciate it. I spend a lot of time working on phoneme edits with Engloids to try and make them say things as naturally as possible! Nana's accent ends up really endearing if you work with it a bit. I'm glad you enjoyed!! <3

• Love
Reactions: Cerāgi <º•

Cerāgi <º•

Passionate Fan
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
I really agree with you, her accent can turn out as a good unique quality when handled well and used in an interesting way :nana_smile_lili:.

Aand, I can say I’m a quite fan of how you make them pronounce things ahah :clara_lili:

• Love

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)