• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other lost/deleted vocaloid songs

riz_lady

Extreme Sonika Enjoyer
Ok so I've been obsessed with lost media for like a year now and I noticed that a lot of songs using older, less commercially successful Vocaloids have been deleted off the internet (like holy shit theres so many ones for SONiKA that are just gone). I've been pretty interested and finding these songs and uploading some to YouTube just to archive them (as long as reposts are allowed as stated on the Vocaloid wiki). Are there any that you guys remember?

Reactions: bibbs

riz_lady

Extreme Sonika Enjoyer
Ok so update:

A good amount of missing SONiKA songs have been reuploaded to YouTube, but there's still some missing. I'll go sleuthing around NicoNico and some other sites and see if I can find anything (ok now I'm super invested in this bruh :kaito_lili:)

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
i cant offer anything to upload, but i do have a lost demo song i have been looking for for a while i cannot seem to get it anywhere.... its a Sweet Ann demo for "Crazy" which i could only find a part of in this person's video (i commented asking about it but got no reply)

i even emailed powerfx but i never got a reply regarding it. the Youtube upload linked on this page is dead, and the Myspace page is also dead (it used to be up, but i found it after Myspace completely destroyed every audio file on their website) but sweet ann's myspace page remains.

i beleieve someone did cover this song with sweet ann as i know in the past when i searched, one came up and it was not the same one from the above video. i really want to hear it in full, but it seems lost to time unless someone who saved it pops up with it. i searched around again to see if anything new came up and hey, seems im not alone at least, as someone this year posted about it to the Lost Media forum.

riz_lady

Extreme Sonika Enjoyer
i cant offer anything to upload, but i do have a lost demo song i have been looking for for a while i cannot seem to get it anywhere.... its a Sweet Ann demo for "Crazy" which i could only find a part of in this person's video (i commented asking about it but got no reply)

i even emailed powerfx but i never got a reply regarding it. the Youtube upload linked on this page is dead, and the Myspace page is also dead (it used to be up, but i found it after Myspace completely destroyed every audio file on their website) but sweet ann's myspace page remains.

i beleieve someone did cover this song with sweet ann as i know in the past when i searched, one came up and it was not the same one from the above video. i really want to hear it in full, but it seems lost to time unless someone who saved it pops up with it. i searched around again to see if anything new came up and hey, seems im not alone at least, as someone this year posted about it to the Lost Media forum.
I'll look into the Lost Media Forum and see if anyone has any ideas. I could download the video and clip it to be just the portion of the video that you linked, but I ain't sure if the full version is floating around somewhere. Thanks for telling me about this though! I'll see what I can do :) (oh boy this is fun!)

___

Oct 8, 2019
Oh boy do I have a story to tell!

It started as a simple off-vocal search but on my way I discovered that the only versions of the song I can find are in fact covers. Turns out the song was only ever uploaded to bilibili and then fairly shortly deleted afterwards and lost, and it wasn't uploaded by the producer themselves but like...their friend/acquaintance?? I'm not sure what the ocassion was, would need to dig up the tweet 😅 due to the producer ( who's japanese ) never uploading it to their social media it mostly only caught on in the chinese fandom. The original was near impossible to find but eventually we did on an obscure chinese site, it was labeled as "cover" however we're fairly certain it's the original and I reuploaded it:

The original is back and easily findable >:) but the sad part is that I still don't have the off vocal 😭 I even have the VSQx!

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
bruh there was some daina dex edm song that i LOVED and it only had like 100 views (probably all me) and then it got deleted and I cant even remember the name of the song or the person who made it and it haunts me everyday.
anyway nothing to really contribute to this thread i just wanted to share this sadness

OH but also does anyone know what happened to PuFFcorn's Xin Hua song "Mine" ? It got scrubbed off the face of the Earth and I'm sad I liked that song

riz_lady

Extreme Sonika Enjoyer
bruh there was some daina dex edm song that i LOVED and it only had like 100 views (probably all me) and then it got deleted and I cant even remember the name of the song or the person who made it and it haunts me everyday.
anyway nothing to really contribute to this thread i just wanted to share this sadness

OH but also does anyone know what happened to PuFFcorn's Xin Hua song "Mine" ? It got scrubbed off the face of the Earth and I'm sad I liked that song
Ok, so I just searched on the Vocaloid Wiki for it. Turns out that there was a Tianyi version that was actually put on a three-song EP titled "Yi x DM" (the "yi" has the flat accent symbol on the i but my laptop keyboard can't do it lmao) and the ENTIRE EP is gone. Even on the Vocaloid Database, the soundcloud and tumblr links for it are broken.

So yeah, both the Hua and Tianyi versions are gone. I DID find a YouTube account under the name of PuFFcorn, though no Vocaloid songs are listed, and it says his earliest upload was four years ago. The other uploads are mostly Dubstep music. Perhaps he just didn't want to be associated with Vocaloid anymore??

Do you remember what year the song was released?

riz_lady

Extreme Sonika Enjoyer
Cry Puffcorn had a few songs I liked, this is so sad.

The dex daina song? Oh gosh maybe 2016/2017.
Ok, update on the "Mine" situation: so turns out there was another producer working with PuFFcorn by the name of Ukim. Ukim had another song called "link Up!' (also featuring Xin Hua) that was uploaded to YouTube in early 2015, and later deleted in 2016. They have two other songs, named "Encounter" and "Wishes". Only "Encounter" is still available on YouTube and SoundCloud. I'm not sure what happened to "Wishes" cause I can't find any reuploads on YouTube. I tried checking BilliBilli but since my computer can't output Chinese text and I can't copy-paste the original text due to it not being available, it doesn't recognize my typing. It might be floating around somewhere.

Haven't checked NicoNico yet, though that site is more likely to have some english-speaking viewers.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I know a couple of songs where the producers did remakes for them, but later deleted the original versions, meaning that the first versions are lost to time because I didn't think to save them elsewhere. There was a Tianyi song I really liked years back when she originally came out, but the first version disappeared when the producer uploaded a remake (that I found inferior to the original, imo), and now the only version of the OG song available anywhere online is a potato quality reupload on YT. (Seriously, it looks and sounds like it was recorded with a webcam or something.)

___

Oct 8, 2019

Could it possibly be this?

riz_lady

Extreme Sonika Enjoyer
A lot of these songs are hard to find due to the nature of video sharing sights. It's a lot harder to find people who have archived it compared to things like shows and official album music. I think I should get in contact with some of these people and see if they have a copy they're willing to share.

VyNancyV6

a normal pigeon
Jun 12, 2020
Earth
Televised By Zion XYZ
there's no in YT or wiki I still have the MP3 of that song

Is really close to Brodcast ilucion by Ghost

Talking about Sweet Ann why in sonicwire and powerFX theres a Lola cover in her examples?

Reactions: riz_lady

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
I was the most sure about this Nico upload but I think the same demo is in higher quality on Bilibili
this is great, glad to wake up to this! i had a feeling it could be on nico nico but the times i searched in the past i had trouble finding it still.

also i downloaded the bilibili video easily using a website that does it. EDIT: while the nico one was upload to youtube i also have an unlisted upload of the Bili one up just in case, and also downloaded the video :) oh and i replied to that Lost Media forum thread to let that person know lol. maybe they'll also find some more 'lost' demos on those sites!

Last edited:

riz_lady

Extreme Sonika Enjoyer
this is great, glad to wake up to this! i had a feeling it could be on nico nico but the times i searched in the past i had trouble finding it still.

also i downloaded the bilibili video easily using a website that does it. EDIT: while the nico one was upload to youtube i also have an unlisted upload of the Bili one up just in case, and also downloaded the video :) oh and i replied to that Lost Media forum thread to let that person know lol. maybe they'll also find some more 'lost' demos on those sites!
Omg thank you for uploading it! Glad we got both versions of the video up :sonika_ani_lili:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)