• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Male Vocal Synth Group: VirVox Project

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
VirVox is a circle producing content for Synth V Genbu and other characters, with permission from Animen/Volor. Their goal is to produce more male vocal synths.

Today (14th of May 2021) they released new fullbody art for Genbu! They have also announced that his full name is Kuruno Takehiro. There are three other characters created by VirVox, whether they'll get voicebanks, and on which engine, is unconfirmed.

Character names:
– Kurono Takehiro
– Shirakami Kotarou
– Aoyama Ryuusei
– Wakamatsu Akashi

VirVox has also been releasing covers featuring the character's voice providers:

Blog

Last edited:

SuzakuSpectacled

Sourin and Ryuusei Luvr
May 6, 2022
Been a while since this thread was updated so... Recap Update!
05/21/21 - Takehiro Kurono - Goodbye Sengen Cover
05/28/21- Takehiro Kurono - Hmmm Ah Ah Cover
06/03/21- [NEWS] Shirakami Kotaro Art Reveal
1653455916501.png
06/11/21 - [NEWS] Aoyama Ryusei Art Reveal
1653455929779.png
06/18/21 - [NEWS] Wakamatsu Akashi Art Reveal
1653455943256.png
06/18/21 - [NEWS] Virvox4 Lineup and Height Comparison (with a teaser of the 5th Member)
1653455971008.png
06/18/21 - [NEWS] Virvox4 Profiles added
06/26/21 - [Fanart] UNOFFICIAL FANART from Virvox's artist, Onidaruma
* Onidaruma has a bunch of unofficial GENBU Fanart as well, visit his profile to check them out! (There's a Vampire GENBU and a GENBU in a different stage outfit!)
06/27/21 - [TALQu] Kurono Takehiro for TALQu announced to be in production
08/01/21 - [SynthV] GENBU AI Crowdfund announced
08/02/21 - [CoeFont] Kurono Takehiro's Happy Emotion CoeFont Release
08/03/21 - [CoeFont] Kurono Takehiro's Angry Emotion CoeFont Release
08/05/21 - [CoeFont] Kurono Takehiro's Bashful Emotion CoeFont Release
08/06/21 - [CoeFont] Kurono Takehiro's Sad Emotion CoeFont Release
* Kuruno Takehiro's CoeFont's were recorded with the Low End plan which is 15 minutes of data for each emotion.
08/23/21 - [SynthV] Notice on GENBU AI
08/23/21 - [TALQu] Kurono Takehiro's TALQu HQ on Sale
08/23/21 - [Merch] Virvox4 Standing Acrylic Figures on Sale
08/26/21 - [MMD] Kurono Takehiro 3D Model announcement
11/16/21 - [NEWS] - More Releases at the end of the month
11/23/21 - [NEWS] - Virvox Website Announcement
11/26/21 - [NEWS] - Virvox Website is Live, Teases ????
1653458286601.png
12/03/21 - [4KOMA] Mysterious Poll was held that decided the order of 4KOMA releases
12/03/21 - [4KOMA] Virvox 4KOMA 1 - Kurono Takehiro
1653469896270.png
12/04/21 - [4KOMA] Virvox 4KOMA 2 - Aoyama Ryusei
1653470007751.png
12/05/21 - [4KOMA] Virvox 4KOMA 3 - Shirakami Kotaro
1653469989686.png
12/06/21 - [NEWS] Virvox twitter subtly-not-subtly teases Ryusei's exVOICE
12/07/21 - [4KOMA] Virvox 4KOMA 4 - Wakamatsu Akashi
1653470025392.png
12/09/21 - [exVOICE] Aoyama Ryusei exVOICE Announcement
12/10/21 - [exVOICE] Aoyama Ryusei exVOICE and Standing Materials on Sale
12/10/21 - [NEWS] Aoyama Ryusei's VP revealed to be Mimic=Wonderbox
12/12/21 - [NEWS] Takehiro Kurono Birthday Festival Announcement and Birthday Hashtag announcement #玄野武宏誕生祭2021
12/19/21 - [MMD] Takehiro Kurono's MMD model is complete
12/20/21 - [MMD] Takehiro Kurono's MMD Model on sale and Goodbye Sengen MMD Video release
12/24/21 - [Birthday Video]
12/24/21 - [VOICEVOX] Takehiro Kurono for VOICEVOX Gen 3 announcement as VOICEVOX's first masc vocal
* Those who bought TALQu HQ will get his VOICEVOX beta earlier
* Twitter spent the entire day retweeting works from the hashtag
01/11/22 - [VOICEVOX] Takehiro Kurono's Beta VOICEVOX has been sent out to those who previously bought something from the BOOTH + 3 People were randomly selected in an RT contest to receive his beta VOICEVOX
01/15/22 - [VOICEVOX] 1 more person was randomly selected in an RT contest to receive his beta VOICEVOX
01/21/22 - [VOICEVOX] 1 more person was randomly selected in an RT contest to receive his beta VOICEVOX
01/23/22 - [CoeFont] + [NEWS] Shirakami Kotaro's VP Revealed to be Kawai Yu + Kotaro's CoeFont was released
* Kotaro's CoeFont was recorded with the High End plan, which is 120 minutes of recorded data for all emotions. No i have no idea why it's called Kotaro Sad even if there are other emotions available.
01/23/22 - [NEWS] Shirakami Kotaro's Profile Updated on the site
01/24/22 - [NEWS] + [CoeFont] + [exVOICE] ????? Profile Added to the site + CoeFont and exVOICE and Standing Material announcement
1653458316765.png
01/24/22 - [NEWS] Wakamatsu Akashi exVOICE + Standing Material announced but delayed due to VP Schedule conflicts
01/25/22 - [NEWS] ????? aka Kigashima Sourin Art Reveal and Profile added to the site
1653461984560.png
* Sourin was planned since May 2021, much like how ???? was planned since the start. But since they couldn't find a VP for him, they gave up. Since they found a VP, however in the latter half of 2021 they found a VP.
01/25/22 - [CoeFont] + [NEWS] Kigashima Sourin's VP revealed to be KuroLeo + Sourin's CoeFont released
* Sourin's CoeFont was recorded with the High End plan, which is 120 minutes of recorded data for all emotions.
01/28/22 - [VOICEVOX] Kotaro and Ryusei join Takehiro as new masc vocals for VOICEVOX Gen 3 (alongside Meimei Himari), Site updated to match new information. + Commissioned three pieces in celebration of VOICEVOX release
* Updated VOICEVOX terms and conditions, specifically Ryusei's since his VP is part of a talent agency?
01/30/22 - VOICEVOX beta models were sent to those who purchased Ryusei and Kotaro exVOICE previously
02/04/22 - [VOICEVOX] Previous winners discarded, new RT campaign for 10 people who select one from the three beta Voicevox beta models.
02/07/22 - [NEWS] Ryusei's profile updated to specify eye color after multiple inquiries (since his eyes are small and hard to see on his art)
02/07/22 - [NEWS...?] Not really virvox related, but the twitter account implies that it may have had something to do with Tsuina-chan character, Goki's VOICEVOX Announcement
02/07/22 - [NEWS] Wakamatsu Akashi's recording can start
02/13/22 - [NEWS] Teaser Image of folders labeled "Happy", "Sad" and "Angry". Same as Takehiro's emotion styles for VOICEVOX later on
02/15/22 - [NEWS] February Chart of Virvox Vocal Synth status
1653465118981.png
02/15/22 - [NEWS] Virvox says the name of the 5th member of the project (????, not Sourin) has already been mentioned. A hint was given exactly 4 weeks ago from this tweet
02/18/22 - [exVOICE] Kigashima Sourin exVOICE and Standing Material on sale
02/19/22 - [VOICEVOX] Commissioned VOICEVOX Celebratory Pictures for Kurono Takahiro and Aoyama Ryusei
* Both accounts are 18+ please be wary when visiting their pages.
02/20/22 - [TALQu] Shirakami Kotaro's beta TALQu has stopped being distributed
02/20/22 - [NEWS] Logos for Virvox4 are being commissioned
02/24/22 - [NEWS] Profiles updated for Sourin and Akashi
02/24/22 - [NEWS] March Chart of Vocal Synth Status
1653469656125.png
* Don't mind the upper left corner, it's mislabelled
02/25/22 - [Commu] Virvox Twitter Communnity Open!
02/25/22 - [Commu NEWS] ????teaser posted in the Community!
* Not linking cause I'm not sure if it's against the Community rules, but if you join the Community and scroll down you should be able to see it!
02/27/22 - [VOICEVOX] Profiles added to VOICEVOX's website. Includes 1st person Honorifics and Honorifics referring to other VOICEVOX voices
* Definitely check it out to find out how they refer to themself and each other. Ex. Ryusei uses Ore(?) and is on first name basis with the others.
02/28/22 - [NEWS] VOICEVOX trio profiles updated on the site. Updated terms and conditions for VOICEVOX usage.
02/28/22 - [VOICEVOX] + [NEWS] VOICEVOX trio added to VOICEVOX + logo reveals
02/28/22 - [VOICEVOX] Commissioned VOICEVOX Celebratory Pictures for Shirakami Kotaro
03/04/22 - [NEWS] Wakamatsu Akashi recording has started
03/06/22 - [NEWS] Twitter reached 1,500 followers, plan is Akashi's exVOICE, Improvement of Takehiro's VOICEVOX and addition of VOICEVOX emotions, joy anger and sadness for Takehiro)
03/12/22 - [Commu NEWS] Teased a new voice for 15 minutes before deleting
03/24/22 - [Commu NEWS] Teased Akashi's standing photo
03/25/22 - [NEWS] Site updates, Akashi's Logo added, ?????? added to Ryusei's page.
1653467529106.png
03/27/22 - [VOICEVOX] Revealed in a Speech Synth Thanksgiving Festival that VOICEVOX Trio will be improved and will be receiving emotions as well. Takehiro already has Joy, Sadness (Depressed + Fear) and Anger.
03/27/22 - [CoeFont] Sourin's High-end and Angry emotions are on the popular page of CoeFont
03/29/22 - [Commu NEWS] Teased Akashi's Voice (not synthesized, recorded by VP)
03/31/22 - [CoeFont] Sourin's Joy CoeFont won the Pixiv Award at the CoeFont Fes 2022 (Sourin and Kotaro's VP entered the contest)
04/07/22 - [Commu News] Big announcement at the end of the month
04/14/22 - [Commu VOICEVOX] Shirakami Kotaro confirmed to get Joy emotion
04/18/22 - [VOICEVOX] Shirakami Kotaro confirmed to get 4 emotions, implentation date unknown.
04/22/22 - [A.I.VOICE JUNIOR] Aoyama Ryusei announced for A.I.Voice Junior (no emotion styles)
04/22/22 - [A.I.VOICE JUNIOR] Press Release on Aoyama Ryusei as a new Singing A.I.Voice Junior, No crowdfunding needed.
04/22/22 [NEWS] Aoyama Ryusei's birthday updated from Spring to April 22
04/22/22 [NEWS] Aoyama Ryusei character profile updated
1653469247041.png
04/22/22 - [Birthday NEWS] Since the announcement was abrupt, Ryusei's Birthday Festival 2022 #青山龍星誕生祭2022 will take place until the entirety of May

That should be most of it!

I'm sure I missed some stuff like Rule Updates and Terms and Conditions for some software, but that info is all available on the VirVox site. I may also have missed some little updates like slight teases, or status updates or release dates announcement.

Either way VirVox had such an exciting past year! :genbu_smile_lili: Can't wait for more (and hopefully they reveal ???? this year LMAO)

Last edited:

SuzakuSpectacled

Sourin and Ryuusei Luvr
May 6, 2022
It'd be cool if VirVox could bring more of their guys to SynthV or CeVIO (if CeVIO will allow them LMFAOOOOO)
just a theory of mine but i think that they were all eventually supposed to go on SynthV or well that was VirVox's plan i guess, but then the GENBU AI thing happened. IG now they're rebuilding their commercial reputation with A.I.Voice, I hope they still go back to SynthV... orz

SuzakuSpectacled

Sourin and Ryuusei Luvr
May 6, 2022
Might as well make this it's own post in the thread since it's the latest biggest news.

Aoyama Ryusei will be receiving an A.I.VOICE Junior Database!
1653553220269.png
Aoyama Ryusei's artwork on his A.I.VOICE Junior product page is his regular promo artwork

During A.I.Voice's livestream, they unveiled Ryusei's updated profile
青山龍星 (あおやまりゅうせい)
とにかく大柄で無骨な青年
寡黙で冷静なストッパー枠
194cm
94kg
24歳
誕生日4/22
一人称: オレ
二人称: アンタ
表情が乏しく、言葉少ない言動のため怒っていると勘違いされがち。
寡黙だがめちゃくちゃ無口というわけではない。他の面子は基本呼び捨てだが、宗藤のことだけは親父と呼んでいる。
(実親OR育で親ではなく「アニキ」的なニュアンス)
CV: みみっく=わんだぁぼっくす
イラスト: おにだるま
Aoyama Ryusei
A large and rugged man with a silent and calm demeanor.
Height: 194cm
Weight: 94kg
Birthday: 4/22
First Person: Ore
Second Person: Anta
He is often misunderstood as being angry because of his silence, lack of facial expressions and movement. He is taciturn, but not extremely silent. He calls the other members by their first names, except for Sourin who he calls "Oyaji". (Not in a sense of a parent or guardian but in an "Aniki" kinda way.)
Voice Provider: Mimic=Wonderbox
Artist: Onidaruma

According to VirVox's twitter post, it'll be produced without crowdfunding. According to his product info page, he'll be released around Fall 2022. Much like fellow A.I.VOICE Junior products, Shiki Rowen and Shiki Taigen, he has no vocal styles or additional emotions (Like Yuzuru's Anger, Sorrow and Joy).

According to his product info page, his package version will retail at 9900 yen while his download version will retail at 7920 yen, although according to VirVox's twitter post, there won't be a package version available. They'll be working out how to provide a physical version as fan merchandise that is "unofficial yet officially-approved".

You can read VirVox's reasons for producing an A.I.VOICE Junior Database here: (translated by Xuu)

They mention "Singing A.I.VOICE" a few times, they don't mean that A.I.VOICE itself has singing capabilities, they mean that you can use KotonoSync and Piyo-style method to make him sing.

Personally, I'm really excited to hear how he sounds like in A.I.Voice (although I'm probably gonna stick with VOICEVOX for TTS...). I wonder if the others will be coming to A.I.Voice as well... Starting with Ryusei threw me off cause they usually start with Takehiro or Kotarou first.

SuzakuSpectacled

Sourin and Ryuusei Luvr
May 6, 2022

According to this tweet from January 29, when there are .wav files of Shiki Rowen and Shiki Taigen calling out the Virvox character's name included in their free exVOICE. And months later during April 22 when Ryuusei was announced for A.I.VOICE Junior, they outright say that their exVOICE is where the name of the 5th member was only revealed.

Checking their files we can see them calling each of their first names with and without honorifics... + one extra name.
1654645876046.png
1654646245758.png

Amongst the 5 known characters is one name that has not been publicly revealed before, Takuto, written in katakana.

If we go with the theory that the 5th character is based on the Huanglong (黄龍), coupled with the trend that all the members' names contain the hanzi of the beast they represent then the 'to' of 'Takuto' is probably '', using one of the nanori readings.

Honestly I'm surprised it took me this long to find out.

SuzakuSpectacled

Sourin and Ryuusei Luvr
May 6, 2022
First getting the June news out of the way:
VirVox revealed 3/4 of Kotarou's planned emotions for VOICEVOX:

As well as confirmed that Takehiro's Anger emotion is less furious and more "tsundere-like style"

Now for the recent news:

Ver 1.1 update for VirVox vocals will be coming to VOICEVOX soon! They particularly point out that Kotarou's model has improved a lot. Which is great cause imo he kinda goes all whistle-y when the pitch goes higher, even if that's where his ideal range is. Hiho's thankful for the update too since VOICEVOX wasn't great at synthesizing male voices but now it's better.

Those who have bought something from their booth page before are eligible to try out the update before the public release.

* Mesuo, the new VOICEVOX character that VirVox helped work on, is also part of that update so read the terms and conditions first if you plan on using him.

VirVox also teased this video directly after hinting at some news reveals:

My guess is that it's an exVOICE file 🤔🤔

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)