• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

MIDI into UTAU - Don't see any notes?

Elsa12TMNT

Uses Too Many Obsolete UTAUs
Hi, I have a problem with a MIDI file that I downloaded that I want to use for an UTAU cover. I'm not sure if what I downloead was a normal MIDI file or a Vocaloid MIDI file, which is possible, since the original song was sung by a V1. I tried to import it into both UTAU and SynthV, and while it reconziged it as a MIDI and opened it, I couldn't see any notes? If they were there I honestly have no clue how I could've missed them, but if I'm not crazy, then something has to be wrong. Is there a way to know for sure if what I have is a Vocaloid MIDI or a normal MIDI? Are they totally separate project files? And how would I get whatever I have working into UTAU?

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
A Vocaloid MIDI should work fine in UTAU and any other software. However, I've noticed with a Vocaloid MIDI, whether it's a downloaded Vocaloid1 MIDI or I rendered it in Piapro Studio, the MIDI has multiple tracks and the first track is always blank. I don't know if that could be your issue? If you can select which track of the MIDI to import, go for the second one (if there is one) and see if that works.

I'd also recommend getting another MIDI from somewhere and trying that out to see if it works. Just to make sure a MIDI works at all.

You could also try changing the MIDI to a VSQ if you have Vocaloid2 or ask someone in the rendering thread if they could convert the MIDI to VSQ for you to get it into UTAU that way. Just throwing out another idea.

Reactions: Elsa12TMNT

Elsa12TMNT

Uses Too Many Obsolete UTAUs
A Vocaloid MIDI should work fine in UTAU and any other software. However, I've noticed with a Vocaloid MIDI, whether it's a downloaded Vocaloid1 MIDI or I rendered it in Piapro Studio, the MIDI has multiple tracks and the first track is always blank. I don't know if that could be your issue? If you can select which track of the MIDI to import, go for the second one (if there is one) and see if that works.

I'd also recommend getting another MIDI from somewhere and trying that out to see if it works. Just to make sure a MIDI works at all.

You could also try changing the MIDI to a VSQ if you have Vocaloid2 or ask someone in the rendering thread if they could convert the MIDI to VSQ for you to get it into UTAU that way. Just throwing out another idea.
Those are all really good ideas. I'll try #1 and #2 as soon as I get home, and if it doesn't work I'll try option #3. I didn't consider asking someone in the rendering thread. I also have the VSQX import plug-in, which I use constantly, so that could work as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)