• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Miku Land Gate β - an official Hatsune Miku VR World event

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com

Miku Land is described as a virtual Hatsune Miku themed amusement park. Users can attend the opening and closing ceremonies, interact with other visitors and enjoy shopping. Visitors can purchase both digital and physical products that are event exclusive.. Gugenka will be selling a virtual life-size Hatsune Miku figure and Tsukumo will be selling physical merch. More details on goods later.

Miku Land Gate β will be open between Aug. 8-10th on the VR platform Virtual Cast. Access is free and available anywhere in the world. If you don't have VR equipment, you can participate via the smartphone app HoloModels.

Official website (jp/eng):

Press release:

• Wow
Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
It's amazing that this seems to be the first time we're hearing about this--I would've expected more hype over a longer period for something like a virtual amusement park that can be attended by many people simultaneously. At least it sounds like a complete virtual environment that's being designed by an IRL architectural firm. But it's kind of hard to get a sense of what we should really expect from the brief description they provided.

Fair warning, if I read it right, the shopping aspect isn't available on the smartphone app. And the VR option is, as mentioned, only available using Steam's Virtual Cast, with it's list of several supported headsets. (Actually, IMO, Virtual Cast looks like a freakin' magical bit of wizardry itself. I guess maybe the life-sized virtual Miku model might become a prop you could put into your Virtual Cast studio for when you do further vtubing from there, maybe. Or maybe it's a figure for the HoloModels app?) If you have the app or requisite software/headsets, though, this would be a really neat thing to check out. I'll be interested to hopefully see more info before August.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Art campaign; upload your artwork on twitter with the hashtag #ミクランドアート and your work might be displayed on the Miku Land Gate β

Some rules to keep in mind:
-Resolution 72dpi, image size 2 884 × 4093, vertical
-use the hashtag #ミクランドアート
-follow Piapro Character License
- must be an original work by yourself, not previously uploaded to anywhere
-obviously no copyright infringements etc.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
VTuber Shinonome Megu will take part in a pre-event on Aug 7th:

Also the official website has been updated, they now list activities available during the event;
-Parade
-Greeting
-Rhythm attraction
-Art Gallery
-Mystery Tour
-Videochat Tour
-Sky Photo Spot
- Signage in the Sky
-Where You From Map
-Piapro Wall

I can't really say for sure yet what all of these are exactly, no detailed info has yet been published on the activities, but seems like they're doing their best to provide a virtual Magical Mirai experience, sort of.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
They uploaded a YouTube 360 video of the parade!

Looks like stuff starts moving about 1:54 in. Unless it's a different experience when you're watching in VR, stuff seems still until then, though you can still look around in all directions.

• Love
Reactions: MagicalMiku

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
They uploaded a YouTube 360 video of the parade!

Looks like stuff starts moving about 1:54 in. Unless it's a different experience when you're watching in VR, stuff seems still until then, though you can still look around in all directions.
that's the main square street of the theme park ^^ you can sit back on the grass and just relax and enjoy the parade, or walking around and take pictures ^^ because all the environment change dinamically during the parade, it is very nice to take pictures from many places ^^ a nice spot is also walking a bit far from the main square and climbing the Yukine hill, from there you can take wonderful shoots of the parade from an unique perspective :miku_winter_lili:

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
for the last parade, I couldn't help but I cried.. really thank you so much Miku..

you could hear also staff member that stopped talking for a bit.. this event has been really unforgettable, 3 days of pure joy that have given unique emotions and memories. this afternoon there was also a peak of users and the server had to be reset, it really felt like a Miku special event, so many nice fans and again, unique memories built on everything, even the smallest things. I really look forward to the next Miku Land(❁´◡`❁) :miku_winter_lili: :miku_winter_lili:

Last edited:
  • Love

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)