• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Miku to participate in Tokyo's 150th anniversary event with a sprayed water concert

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Wow, so it sounds maybe like they're going to project the hologram onto a sheet of water? If that's the case, that could be pretty cool, depending on how well it works.

I'd think projecting onto a sheetlike geyser/several jets of water coming up from the ground would look the coolest. But I'd bet that using a more controlled wall of water flowing downward (maybe over a wall of glass, or from some kind of arm/arch-like structure) would work the best for the image, and would also avoid the noise of the jets interfering with the audio.

Last edited:

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
This seems like it’s gonna be really cool. Not to mention this is definitely a special event. Can’t wait to see how all this goes down!

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
Wow, so it sounds maybe like they're going to project the hologram onto a sheet of water? If that's the case, that could be pretty cool, depending on how well it works.

I'd think projecting onto a sheetlike geyser/several jets of water coming up from the ground would look the coolest. But I'd bet that using a more controlled wall of water flowing downward (maybe over a wall of glass, or from some kind of arm/arch-like structure) would work the best for the image, and would also avoid the noise of the jets interfering with the audio.
It has been done before

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
A look at some of the exclusive goods that will be sold at this event 初音ミク | 日本コロムビアオフィシャルサイト
Wow, I really like the art they've got for the event's T-shirt/posters. Nighttime Tokyo skyline with Miku in front of a geyser and what look to be some trees and stuff from the venue (Hamarikyu Gardens). Pretty cool.

Was I the only one who didn't know the backstory for this event? Apparently it commemorates 150 years since the city of Edo was renamed "Tokyo." The theme is “a city where tradition and innovation meet." Makes the concert a really cool and appropriate inclusion.

Oh, wow--the counter at the bottom of the article says it's a little under 2 days from now :).

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I am seriously in lovevwith the merch! I really wish I could get my hands on some of it

And that concept is super cool and it kinda makes sense why Miku would perform! I wonder if they’ll try to give her a mix of more traditional sounding songs (with the style of Senbonzakura and Wintry Winds) and EDM? I think that’d be really cool.

Still really excited to see footage of this event.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I am seriously in lovevwith the merch! I really wish I could get my hands on some of it

And that concept is super cool and it kinda makes sense why Miku would perform! I wonder if they’ll try to give her a mix of more traditional sounding songs (with the style of Senbonzakura and Wintry Winds) and EDM? I think that’d be really cool.

Still really excited to see footage of this event.
@Kona: If you really want to get some of the merch, OtakuRepublic might be able to help you out. Supposedly they specialize in picking up items from things like Comiket, so they might be able to get it.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Oh thanks so much! I’ll check that out! Hopefully I can score some merch
NP. Miku's popular, so merch might show up in the listings on the site, but I'd guess you might end up using their Request service. In that case, you'd probably have to describe which item you want and where they can get it (i.e., the 150 anniversary event). If you put your request in before the event happens, they might even send someone there to pick the stuff up for you. Though I'd suppose it's certainly possible they could pick up stuff after the event if people are getting and reselling it.

Reactions: Kona

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Aaaaaahh Miku performing Sailor Moon!! I love it!! That’s something I never imagined would happen but it did and it’s so amazing! I wonder what else she performed...

BenHo

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
I saw posters for the even in the subway while I was in Tokyo a few days ago, but unfortunately, I was already back home before the show happened, so there was no way I could have seen it. Bummer.

iamnoob

Professional Lolicon

Probably(?) full version

It's much better than I expected but....

THEY HAVE SO MANY COSTUMES FOR HER
COME ON MAGICAL MIRAI SURELY YOU CAN ALSO HAVE AT LEAST THIS MANY FOR THE MAIN CONCERTS!!!

Tuning was pretty good which kinda surprising. Does anyone know who did the tuning for all this?

Anyway, nice to see her get a role in such an event that's not a Miku event. Shows how big she's become :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)