• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Harry Dacre - Daisy Bell (Cover)

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I was inspired to work on my first cover by the comment @Aia made awhile back about "Daisy Bell" being sung by an IBM. Without further preamble, here is Hatsune Miku covering "Daisy Bell."

You might notice a bit of warbling around 2:40. I suspect that this line of the song represents something like Victorian-era flirtation, and I added some vibrato/pitch bends/GEN tweaking to let some of Miku's self-consciousness about the lyrics come through. A little artistic license of mine :) .

"Daisy Bell"
Written and composed by Harry Dacre (Copyright 1892, by T.B. Harms & Co.).
Transcribed/provided to MuseScore by crono23 (musescore.com/crono23); transcription URL: musescore.com/crono23/scores/5491815.
Artwork by きろ坊さん (piapro.jp/hisayuki); artwork URL: piapro.jp/t/9K9k
The artwork for this song features an adaptation of Hatsune Miku, © Crypton Future Media, Inc. 2007, licensed under a CC BY-NC: Creative Commons — Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported — CC BY-NC 3.0.

Based on my understanding of the information I have, I believe this song is in the public domain, at least in the United States. For further info, please see below:
en.wikisource.org/wiki/Daisy_Bell
visme.co/blog/how-do-you-know…domain/#publicdomain

There is a flower within my heart
Daisy, Daisy!
Planted one day by a glancing dart
Planted by Daisy Bell!
Whether she loves me or loves me not
Sometimes it's hard to tell;.....
Yet I am longing to share the lot
Of beautiful Daisy Bell!.....

[Chorus]
Daisy, Daisy,
Give me your answer do!
I'm half crazy
All for the love of you!
It won't be a stylish marriage
I can't afford a carriage
But you'll look sweet
On the seat
Of a bicycle built for two!

We will go "tandem" as man and wife,
Daisy, Daisy!
"Ped'ling" away down the road of life,
I and my Daisy Bell!
When the road's dark we can both despise
P'licemen and "lamps" as well;.....
There are "bright lights" in the dazzling eyes
Of beautiful Daisy Bell!.....

[Chorus]

I will stand by you in "wheel" or woe,
Daisy, Daisy!
You'll be the bell(e) which I'll ring, you know!
Sweet little Daisy Bell!.....
You'll take the "lead" in each "trip" we take,
Then, if I don't do well;.....
I will permit you to use the brake,
My beautiful Daisy Bell!.....

[Chorus]

Last edited:
Reactions: uncreepy

inactive

Passionate Fan
Jun 27, 2019
If you ever do any more covers of public domain works, IMSLP is an excellent source for out-of-copyright scores (including Daisy Bell). You can find scans of first editions, later editions, recent homemade editions, and even some autograph manuscripts.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
If you ever do any more covers of public domain works, IMSLP is an excellent source for out-of-copyright scores (including Daisy Bell). You can find scans of first editions, later editions, recent homemade editions, and even some autograph manuscripts.
Oh, cool, that'll be really handy! Much easier than trying to search around for evidence of a work's status. Thank you, @parallax_fifths!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)