• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Morry's Illusion's Vocaloid/Utau/etc Covers!

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
Hellooooo i am here to make a thread for all my covers. As i have been making covers for a LONG time i wont link ever single one here, but i will start this first post with a bunch of my faves under a spoiler, and continue to post again on this thread when i make something new!
do check out my YT/SC if you wanna see everything i have made up to this point. i have old SC accounts with ancient covers i dont like but theyre there if you want em lol.

Also note: 1) i wont be sharing those Sonic the hedgehog utau covers i do but they are on my channel... 2) i am slowing down and trying to take time on my videos because i honestly stressed myself with how fast i was making stuff! so there may be a lack of new things as i get back on my feet. 3) all credits contained in the videos/links, all art by me unless started otherwise.

v Starting with these two, as i made the instrumentals for these as well and i love them a lot! v

v my last cover with flower before my PC died this summer lol, for her bday. i took more time on this than the ones before and im still very happy with it. v

v These first three are older now, but theyre still watched a lot so i decided i must include them for this list! v

v remake of a 2017 cover, with a MMD model i edited together! v

v i thought i disliked this cover but imo im still proud of it, got some really strong falsetto (even if i kinda over did it lol) v

v ok i rly kinda like this one bc i wish ppl caught onto the metaphor of flower's glasses being...rose-colored glasses.... v

v i mentioned UTAU so i guess i may as well just link an old utau cover of my utau, who i hope to remake some time soon! v
ok thats all im gonna share for this first post. seriously i have way too many i could, but i dont wanna overwhelm this first post when i wanna go focus on my upcoming covers!

i look forward to make more! i don't hate any of these "old" ones i did but like i said, i just rushed myself back then... i wouldn't tune them much, i would leave out stuff bc it took too long, etc. quality was all over! but im spending more like on all of that now and im already proud of some of my WIPs! thank you for takin a look, hopefully i will return with some more soon!

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
I'm very surprised by the quality of the Gachapoid cover, wow. That's also some gorgeous usage of flower. good work!
haha thank you! i did gachapoid first becuse i really wanted to see how i could push his voice. i heard like one low pitch/gender factor Gacha and i was like...oh, i think i like him. ill definitely have to do more with him in the future

Reactions: cafenurse

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
NEW COVER! NEW ART!
vocaloid covers have fallen very far into my list of hobbies this past year. ive been much more involved with other creative things than vocaloid. but i wanted to spend some time on a cover again and this one i have had sitting around since i got Mikoto's trial over a year ago lol. finished it with flower!

also there are some little render errors with the vocals... i was too lazy to update V5 to fix the issues :L

also! i feel like this cover is a good example (along with my Misery cover before) of what i mean when i say i like V5's growl. some of them are real good and powerful

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
got a new cover, though its been sitting around for a while now. i was a bit stuck on the mix but i just dont wanna keep doing back to it.... i also dont have the energy to make a video for it so i may return whenever i feel like making a video.

i really like tuning gachapoid with this sorta lower range, its fun. he still proves to have issues, even more so when you make him sound like this lol.

Last edited:

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
my life has been a little hectic lately and as a result of my lacking interest in covers im not gonna force myself to make videos or do special covers on special days... but a few days ago i impulse covered this and considering it a flower cover i guess i will call it an early birthday cover since im busy tomorrow and i know i will forget to post it otherwise lol. so happy early (i guess not in japan) bday to flower!

i pushed the GEN with flower for fun since i do it with gachapoid but god. i hate how it 'warps' in places...not much i could figure out to deal with it (it seemed due to the note bending on the file and i didnt wanna edit all that)

its a cover i would love to do some art for but again, no inspiration and im not gonna drain myself just for the good ol Youtube views. but i may pop back in with a video version if i do in the future.

tuned vsqx by DEUXKO, various edits by me
mixed by me
original song by deco27

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Krin and Twillby

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
so i had this sitting around pre-2020, just a silly cover w my utau and flower. decided for fun to wrap it up and also re-render my utau's part since i have vcv now. this vcv bank was reocrded like... more than a year ago now, and maybe ill redo this *again* as a proper demo video when i make a new design for my utau.

its fun hearing them together though!

VSQx: ryusouta
UST: haruvampire
minor tweaks by me

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
hi, random lil thing i wanted to tune for fun.... mostly wanted to try making flower soft again, and see if i could mix it a little better than i had before. i sometimes like tuning songs that feature flower, just to see what id do different i guess? and i think this song sounds cool with the soft sound.

vsq by Mokka
tuned by me

• Love
Reactions: ruffe and IO+

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
late night posting, as always...
ive just been going through all kinds of files with ele AI not really sticking with any of the plug and plays, i think she does sound nice but shes so... oddly specific but not specific at all, that i just havent felt like any of them click. they all sound nice i guess, but not really like i want her in them. but then looking through my more recent covers it click- maybe a mitski song? the only one i have finished is the one i did with Avanna a while back. i have other wips. but her capabilities as an AI bank is sooo much more of what i wanted in my avanna cover so it was exciting to use. things like the tension, and her more clear low range, is exactly what i needed. i dont think shes a perfect fit for all of mitski's stuff but this song is a bit more in line with her i think.

so heres a sorta cover- i used auto pitch tuning and added some tension here and there. i basically didnt edit the phonemes aside from glaring issues (i had trouble with the word 'chorus' spread across two notes...) so its pretty raw as i didnt want to do much. also this song was hell to mix before with avanna and it still is with eleanor so.... yea. you can see the Avanna cover on the very first post of this thread (instrumental by me)

also for those who care, here are various other tests i did with her:

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
WELL i didnt intend to post these together but i had these done and kept forgetting to share them- these were mostly tests but i want to share this particular one first as i have been working on it pre-solaria and i want to explain in depth about this file! i do quite like solaria's tone and pronciation, but i truthfully liked other voices too (eleanor was good on this file too), just wanted to use her on the final export.
i have learned more about tuning in synth v, and boy "tone shift"??? that sure is quite a tool. i used it in every cover im posting and it helps a lot.

first!

tuned/VSQx by GiantOrigami
adpated/editted/additional tuning by me

(added tension, tone shift, other pitch bend, etc - used og vsqx harms with Daina bc i am fuckin lazy, this was hell to adapt_
SO please know i basically adapted this user's incredible file to synth v. i have had this file for ages and dug it up, thought it would be fun to edit and fix up to fit synth v. seriously, go give the OG a listen. the ab libs are completely adapted from the og file and it sounds really cute tbh, its not perfect. some of the issues in the vocals are def a Synth V issue and not a Solaria issue. i copied the phonetics on the ab libs pretty directly as to not mess up the pace of the tuning, so it could be improved but this is such a heavily tuned file i didnt know where or how to change it tbh. the go is seriously one of my faves still and it was fun hearing solaria sing this!

and two other tests that are also mix tests, so sorry if they sound a little weird... theyre old files too and i didnt fix them much.

japanese - 7/8 ft. Solaria <- this one i used her lower gen and tone! really in love w how her deeper tone is
english - Why Don't You Do Right ft. Solaria

Last edited:

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
another cover dump real quick :)

vsqx/tune/mix by me
notes:
i just happened to have this sitting around recently and i really like solaria's voice with this one. very minimal tuning tho, just some edited autotune and some simple parameter changes/note bending!

vsqx/tune/mix by me
notes:
let me tell you. i have had this file sitting around for ages and i have never finished it bc i was never happy w how it sounded w the voices i had... i cant say solaria is 100% the voice i wanted to hear for this (really wish we had more rock-centric voices) but, im happy to have posted this cover after years of it being in my files lol. i had intended to do this with flower, and honestly i probably couldve gotten it tuned right in V5 but i never found time to do it. Synth v's auto tune and other parameters really sped up the process of making this sound how i wanted!

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
alongside my Ryo and Kevin art.... heres my first Ryo cover! i had this file for ages but never finished it. a little eh on some tuning but i like the energy of this song w ryo. i like his softer voice and felt like id benefit from having a jpn native bank as i dont own any, but knowing his tone i knew id be able to use him in english things too. he sounds lovely- not super into this runing wise bc i kinda rushed but i think it fits him.

art & design by me
original: picon
vsq/tuning by me
lyrics by B.A.D

Last edited:

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
some more Ryo covers, i realized how hype i am to have a japanese bank again as i havent covered a lot of japanese songs in a while. ive definitely enjoyed tuning the AI banks a lot lately too.

VSQx/tune by cryrabbittwice
tune/mix by me

also sorry i keept having multiple covers to share, ive been getting them done through many days but dont really share them like i used to so i just put em up together!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)