• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Morry's Illusion's Vocaloid/Utau/etc Covers!

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
oops its late at night and i just spent a few hours doing this for some reason... this is rough and more of a test of the process more than anything

description:

music: Lifeboat from Heathers the musical
File and mix by me

pitch bends converted from the original song's vocals, auto correct slightly in melodyne 5. pitch data acquired with Praat and imported to SVP thanks to this user's videos: www.youtube.com/channel/UCoKTXhXP0thJ_zjAXZsyx5A

this was a test to see how well a AI-ripped vocal would convert for pitch bends using this method. definitely messy and i had to edit a lot, even so its still rough around the edges. nonetheless it was cool to try the process! i added tension and tone shift, but otherwise its just the pitch bends doing the work along with Solaria's voice and the fact the data copied the timing of the voice. i may try it again as i think i will do better next time after knowing the process!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cluemily and IO+

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
ahhh hello i guess this is my first real attempted cover with CHis-a now after some fiddling around. tuning is almost nonexistent still bc i am not familiar with cevio, and honestly not a huge fan of the program's UI still (tho i love how colorful it is).

but i like this song, i hope to cover it with my utau and make a video! but thought chis-a would sound nice with it

i really like what voices like Chis-a offer in terms of tone, inflections, etc! but idk how much i would even consider cevio for actual use due to the engine noise and some other quality issues.

Last edited:

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal

file/tune/mix etc by me
original song by Sir Chloe
god. ok. this isnt perfect but i am doing messing with it... i may touch it up if i decide to make a YT video.
this cover uses direct pitch data acquired from Pratt. lots of fixes tho as the original's distortion made some parts not work. but it was a more cleaned up test of using Pratt for pitch data and i am honestly very happy with it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ronny777

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal

UST by Pifuyuu
original song by yuyoyuppe

well its been a hot minute since i used flower. i feel quite rusty... synth v pampered me too much with its auto tuning and such :L but i really wanted to cover this with flower! thers something i dont like but im not gonna sit here perfecting it. v5's growls are nice tho

i also broke away from my usual mixing presets to try something different so... hopefully it sounds alright!

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
this is NOT a new cover as it was the last one i shared here, but i felt it was important to state that i have a seperate YT channel for covers. posting to soundcloud gets more annoying as i run out of space and people never want to check my whyp.it page so... yeah. i will be resharing more recent covers there that i often delete from soundcloud, and any other future covers. but dont expect any special videos, its all bare bones for the sake of putting them somewhere.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
i caved (haha) and bought feng yi.... i have a japanese cover coming soon to my YT but for now, i posted this english cover on soundcloud. it was mostly to see how her accent was, and while theres some obvious accent, i think she still sounds pretty good. her vocal modes are also pretty good in english (but i feel like airy/soft and open/power are too similar) and definitely gives her some variety (tho i imagine ill be back to using solaria a lot one she has her vocal modes)

\

vsq by me
original song by Matt Maltese
this version by Sarah Cothran
mostly auto tuning

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
i have been waiting to post this one for a while because it was my later attempts with pratt, and came out much better than the last ones. not perfect still but, i think solaria sounded great with this ong

but now with the vocal modes coming i kind of want to try this cover again....

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
okay so, today is the actual last day before i take down my old PC to replace it with my new built one, and as i was bored and doing minimal things so i wouldnt have issues with transferring/doing backups, i decided to treat myself and cover something with someone else's tuned file and focus on mixing.

some minor tweaks to suit solaria, and gosh i just love her voice. i used ever vocal mode to some degree (often mixed with each other. i was trying to use Light more but i did often throw Solid or Passionate on top). should note she also is on 0.15-0.18 gen (the original file has it up to 0.2 but it was a bit much for her voice)

(rip, soundcloud removed it)

video (release August 16th): youtu.be/pS2FK1uyylw

Svp by raidergale
mix etc by me

Reactions: Twillby

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
one of the various covers i have schedule to post this week and next week. Admittedly I feel like i could have done more to mostly be pleased with the slight speaking parts, but its just not easy to achieve... i love the original song but the emotion is just. not something thats easy (or mostly even possible) to 'tune' lol. regardless i still like how this came out.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
so this is going on YT too, but itll be a bit so i wanted to share it on soundcloud asap... heres a lola cover, which initially was gonna be solaria (hence keeping the harms because i was too lazy to tune it all again) but diving into v1 again i kept like lola could fit.

original song and file by circus p.
tuning and mix by me.

fyi this is NOT the duet of solaria and lola i have planed but uhhh consider this cover me starting a narative. because i kind of ship this duet now lol.

V1 kept crashing when i tried to tune more than just the pitch bends... so thats most of the tuning here. which is a shame bc the bits i tried to do before it crashed were good! it just. kept crashing.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
i think i may have posted about this cover in this thread but, i took it down after the vocal modes came out, because it was a cover i would have really wanted to use those on.... so i cleaned this up a little bit and added solaria's vocal modes! i quite like how it turned out. its still a bit messier as it was an earlier praat attempt but it was a nice song for her voice.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
first Yuma cover. done.

note: been having a hell time w my new headphones so.. a bit iffy on this mix :L

original: てにをは
ust: keiji
tuning/video/mix: me*
art/design: me
*mix of auto tune and various adjustments and additions w pit bends. kinda wanted to fit the original but i cant really get that growl and too much vibrato just didnt fit to me.

so. i got Yuma. i have gone through numerous files w him but when i got him i was associating him w flower bc of their androgynous sounds and then this song hit me as the first thing to finish!

• Love
Reactions: Twillby and Mika

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)