• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Need help for this cover - Endless Tears

DaSpookyReaper

I like to haunt these forums once a while
Sep 2, 2018
I'm probably making a big fool of myself by doing this but ahh well here goes nothing...
Endless Tears Bootleg?/Cover?/Remake?

well I'm attempting to try and make Miku more expressive but since this is my first time diving into this I absolutely have no idea or which parameters to use in order to make things even remotely closer to the original (Endless Tears - Maiko Nakamura ft. Cliff Edge)

And how does one even begin to create the rap vocals in this? I did it by importing Piano MIDI which I had but the Pitching or style...? isn't right but I can't quite place the finger as to why then how... Any Help on this would be greatly appreciated by a Noob like me

If any the instrumentals are wrong note-wise pls tell me as I was making this to learn how to incorporate more complex piano patterns into my own works

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I would mess with dunamics a bunch to make her sound more expressive. You can try following the dynamics of rhe original to help with that.

Also brightness, that can help add feeling being more solemn with lower brightness and boosting power with higher brightness

Put Pitch bend sensitivity low if you aren’t used to using it and make some pitchbends, that also adds realism as no singer is always on pitch at every note if they sing a song like that. Do some sliding up to the note occasionally.

Lastly, play with vibrato and play with EVEC (if you’re using V4X), try following the singer for that.

That’s just a few tips. I’d never heard this song before so I can’t really give too specific of help

DaSpookyReaper

Sep 2, 2018
Thanks for the advice! after a day of fiddling around here's what I got, (the 2nd-half is the modifications):
Modifications

I still can't quite nail down the second half of all the phrases though (ai o chika-i, nee uketomete, furetakute? Suki dakara kurushikute), what exactly is it that she's doing? it sounds like her voice is thinning in a way so I tried lowering dynamics and brightness + some air but doesn't seem quite right...
(though brightness did help glue some of the consonants to be less atk-y)
Any thoughts or advice on adjusting these parts?

Oh and what is EVEC? how do you use it in V5?

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
EVEC is a feature Crypton put in their V4X libraries. With V5, I believe it’d have to be done through phoneme editing. You can also do it much weasier in Piapro Studio, though it’d probably be a hassle grtting it to there and back. The wiki has some good info on EVEC. With this, you can do different pronunciation attacks, emphasis, and just in general helpful stuff.

From what I hear, the second half has a lot more vibrato in the original, so you should add morevof that. Mqybevtry messing with clearness a small bit? I do that sometimes. That can help with places that use more power/fuller sound sometimes.

Might experiment with gender favtor too (I think it’s called character in V5?). Lower notes, raise it a bit to make her more masculine/chesty, higher notes, lower it a bit to give her more of a head/mixed voice sound. That could go for the whole thing in helping with expression a bit, might as well give it a try.

DaSpookyReaper

Sep 2, 2018
I think the vibrato's is far as far it can go, pushing it further now just sounds she's being tossed in a barrel lol whilst clearness added more high-end but then it made those words noticeably more ear-draining to listen to. EVEC did help out on another project that I'm doing though in some long 'a' sounds but man at this point I'm starting to think perhaps it's better to tune miku in a way that sounds good to her and not necessarily stick by the cover style maybe.

All and all I'm really surprised at how good the verse part sound even though It's untouched apart from that one 'ni'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)