• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Need Help Installing V2 Vocaloids! - Error F1C1

whiteglovian

New Fan
Jul 6, 2021
Hey, so ever since I got my new computer(May 2020), I could NOT install my vocaloid2 vocaloids, nor the editor!
Here are my DxDiag, and screenshots for evidence of the error:Screenshot (502).pngScreenshot (503).pngScreenshot (504).png
Screenshot (505).pngScreenshot (65).png
The last one, involving Tonio, is when I try to install JUST HIS VB
I tried using both Japanese and US locale, that didn't work
I tried finding a problem driver, no luck, but also not ruled out; I NEED HELP FINDING IT

Attachments

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
This error means the installer is encountering a problem (i mean, duh but).
Double check the following:
-You have enough available memory (on both the destination drive and the C: drive)
-You have permissions both to install to the C: drive and to write to the registry (are you running the installer as an administrator?)
-You have antivirus programs turned off while you install (also any Kensington keyboard/mouse drivers but unless this computer is a decade old that probably isn't on there)

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Hmm... bit of a dumb question, but are you installing them in order of their release date? V2's weird as hell like that. And definitely try running each installer as Admin. That usually does the trick for me!

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

whiteglovian

New Fan
Jul 6, 2021
This error means the installer is encountering a problem (i mean, duh but).
Double check the following:
-You have enough available memory (on both the destination drive and the C: drive)
-You have permissions both to install to the C: drive and to write to the registry (are you running the installer as an administrator?)
-You have antivirus programs turned off while you install
-I do have enough memory
-I do have permissions
-My antivirus is off, as well
All my vocaloids that are V3 and V4 are activated, but now my legal copy of V4 is struggling, too:Screenshot (506).png
AND YET:
Screenshot (507).png
Even worse, Piapro STILL WORKS. TF.
Screenshot (508).png
If you need proof that I legally own everything, I have it. I can search my computer's files, have disk versions of Miki, V4, and Kiyo Rock, as well as activation emails for the rest.
I don't know how to search for old files from my old computer, but everything's activated here.

whiteglovian

New Fan
Jul 6, 2021
What Defiant said checks out--maybe this might help?
[/URL]
Also, what version of Windows are you using? I've heard V2s have issues with Win10 sometimes. Also, make sure to install them in order of release date like Peaches said! I encountered some bizarre activation issues because I installed mine out of order!
Win10! So was my old computer, but that computer had no trouble running V2, and how can I check release dates?

Sep 21, 2019
Hm... how odd!! As for release dates, I think the Vocaloid wiki probably has them listed--assuming I remember correctly!!
My recommendation would be to deactivate, uninstall, and then reinstall and re-activate everything (a hassle I know, but it's the best I've got). Also is V4 completely up-to-date? :luka_move:
I realize I'm probably saying incredibly obvious things--I'm just trying to make sure I cover everything! As someone who's dealt with her fair share of weird Vocaloid errors, I know how easy it is to overlook seemingly simple things. :clara_ani_lili:

Reactions: peaches2217

whiteglovian

New Fan
Jul 6, 2021
Hm... how odd!! As for release dates, I think the Vocaloid wiki probably has them listed--assuming I remember correctly!!
My recommendation would be to deactivate, uninstall, and then reinstall and re-activate everything (a hassle I know, but it's the best I've got). Also is V4 completely up-to-date? :luka_move:
I realize I'm probably saying incredibly obvious things--I'm just trying to make sure I cover everything! As someone who's dealt with her fair share of weird Vocaloid errors, I know how easy it is to overlook seemingly simple things. :clara_ani_lili:
how do i update v4?

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
As much as I hate to say it, because I know it's annoying, that's probably gonna be your best bet. I've had to do this a time or two to get my V2s working, and while it's tedious, it has a 100% success rate for me.

whiteglovian

New Fan
Jul 6, 2021
As much as I hate to say it, because I know it's annoying, that's probably gonna be your best bet. I've had to do this a time or two to get my V2s working, and while it's tedious, it has a 100% success rate for me.
It started happening the day i got my computer, though. the first thing I tried to reinstall after transplanting my harddrive was miki, no luck, sadly. same error

whiteglovian

New Fan
Jul 6, 2021
i updated v4, same error
EDIT: Do I uninstall/Deactivate V4 editor, too? What about PiaPro or Studio One?

Sep 21, 2019
i updated v4, same error
EDIT: Do I uninstall/Deactivate V4 editor, too? What about PiaPro or Studio One?
Huh. In this case, I'd deactivate then uninstall V4 (assuming V4 itself is continuing to have issues). Piapro and Studio One shouldn't need to be uninstalled since they're separate from V4.

whiteglovian

New Fan
Jul 6, 2021
Huh. In this case, I'd deactivate then uninstall V4 (assuming V4 itself is continuing to have issues). Piapro and Studio One shouldn't need to be uninstalled since they're separate from V4.
I did deactivate everything, uninstall, reinstall, re-activate; same error.

Last edited:

whiteglovian

New Fan
Jul 6, 2021
Do you have any other suggestions, since that didn't work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)