• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

New activation?

Stigbn

Aspiring Fan
Jul 21, 2018
Denmark
Hi

suddenly my Synth V Pro asked for activation code - I hadn't changed anything recently on my computer so I don't know why

anyway, I was foolish enough (?) to put in my activation code - and it works now.

But have I used up another activation code ? On most other software (like Native instruments or similar) you can go in and deactivate a used instance on their server but I don't think you can here?

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Just commenting to boost back into recent posts on the sidebar. I don't honestly know what would've caused it to deactivate. Unfortunately, it does sound like it probably ate a code use up. It's worth testing it out if you have other computers or a couple of trustworthy friends who are willing to test it for you. I admittedly have less experience moving SV around than Vocaloid products, but I think deactivation is all done in-editor for it. It would be really nice if we could register our serial codes and authorize certain computers and such, like you can with some softwares.

Reactions: IO+

Stigbn

Aspiring Fan
Jul 21, 2018
Denmark
I should have one more left then, if there are 3 activations in all. I just need to be extra careful to deactivate if I need to change computers.
If it happens again I'll take a screengrab, go out of the program and write dreamtronics about the error, if that helps (?)

Reactions: Leon

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Totally up to you, but I think it's worth writing to Dreamtronics about it now, just because the idea of losing a buffer activation and getting me that much closer to having none left would make me feel uncomfortable. It's worth it to them to know, as well--if there was some kind of issue, they're better off knowing about it. If you tell them what happened, I assume they could just update something to give you an activation back. At least, that's how it could be with Vocaloid; I forget ATM how activations with Synth V work.

Reactions: Leon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)