• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID New gynoid VOCALOIDs - MEIKA Hime & Mikoto

khanadee

Engloid Fan
Apr 19, 2018
DC
Looks like they were leaked!

Names: MEIKA Hime & Mikoto

Their website: (coming soon)

Things roughly listed (google translated):
· The voice actor is in charge of "Koiwai Kotori" (one person two roles)
· Character design "△ ○ □ × (Miwa Shiba)" who was in charge of character design of "v4 flower" Responsibilities
· Realized stable singing voice in a very wide range (D2 ~ C5)
· Hime, Mikoto's exclusive Attack / Release Effect loaded with vocal singing voice even with intense rock, dance music with high sound pressure
· Hime , Mikoto each, contains a voice material close to 400 files
· Voice bank supporting VOCALOID 5

Going to work on fixing this post up, just wanted to get it out there :)

Last edited:

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
DON'T LINK TO ANYTHING OTHER THAN AMAZON. NO YOUTUBE OR GYNOID WEBSITES LINKS ALLOWED. AMAZON ONLY DISCUSSION.

Gynoid accidentally leaked their TWO new V5 Vocaloids: Meika Hime and Meika Mikoto on Amazon.

They will be sold together on March 30th as a download and physical package.

"VOCALOID Meika Hime / Mikoto" are two Vocaloids with the motif of ume (Japanese plum).
"Hime" is endlessly cheery, and sings with a gentle voice.
"Mikoto" is cool and powerful, and has a voice with an edge.

They appear to be some sort of plum blossom shrine maiden themed demon girls. It's unclear what their ages are or if they are twins or sisters (Meika is their last name). Also, 鳴 mei = word usually used for bird singing, ka 花 = flower. Hime's hair transitions to purple, Mikoto's transitions to pink, and they both have black streaks in their hair. They each have one long sleeve that's transparent.

Paraphrased summary of their features:
The voice provider of both girls is Kotori Koiwai. (The speculation from General Chat about Kotori being Gynoid's next voice provider was correct.)
The character design is the same person who did v4 flower's: Miwasiba (みわしいば aka △○□× ) https://twitter.com/miwasiba
Their voice range is extremely wide, yet stable: D2~C5
They can be used for violent rock, high sound pressure dance music, with their voice still coming through.
I'm not sure on the meaning exactly, but it says they are the first Vocaloids to come with Attack / Release Effect built-in. (They mentioned this twice.)
They each have 400 files of extra sound materials (based on the ones flower has, it must be short phrases and saying their own names and other useful sound clips like that).

The physical version listed as being ¥ 19,440 (about $174.18) for pre-order.
Amazon lists their language as being Japanese and their tempo as being from 50~220BPM.

Gynoid TALK?!:
Link
This is also for preorder. It is ¥ 19,440 (about $174.18).
It says the girls speak their thoughts and have their own personalities.

Edit: The gynoid Twitter said this (Crud, they weren't supposed to know we knew):

I wondered how long it would take to be noticed, it was 3 and a half hours. You are all amazing....

The people awake at this hour, (the ones in Japan, at least) are adults, so please wait for the official announcement, please?

Last edited:

Paradoxical

Linguistics Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 7, 2018
Canada
Mod Note:

Hey everyone,

We just wanted to clarify some stuff about the current leak: You are free to discuss any info surrounding the leaks, we just ask that you don't link to Gynoid's non-public webpage for them. Feel free to post screenshots that have the URL cropped out.

Once the page is linked from an official source, feel free to post it.

taciturasa

New Fan
Apr 14, 2018
Mod Note:

Hey everyone,

We just wanted to clarify some stuff about the current leak: You are free to discuss any info surrounding the leaks, we just ask that you don't link to Gynoid's non-public webpage for them. Feel free to post screenshots that have the URL cropped out.

Once the page is linked from an official source, feel free to post it.
Oh, okay, great. Thanks!

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Sort of related, but no one noticed Xin Hua. As the person in charge, the fact that you noticed makes me a bit happy (but snooping is no good
I sent them a comment saying that we were worried cause there was no Vocaloid news since V5 and Haruno Sora came out in July and that we wanted to share the news which was like a miracle, but we ended up hurting gynoid and are sorry.

It's okay. I'm not mad.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
About their voices...
I really like Mikoto and she's a voice that I'd probably use. Incredibly disappointed in Hime's voice though her design is pretty great. Sasuga Miwasiba!

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
I love them!!

About their voices...
I really like Mikoto and she's a voice that I'd probably use. Incredibly disappointed in Hime's voice though her design is pretty great. Sasuga Miwasiba!
Ohh you were fast enough to listen to them, huh? Can you kinda describe them?

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I love them!!

Ohh you were fast enough to listen to them, huh? Can you kinda describe them?
Hime sounds... a lot like Rion. She's very airy. If you like that kind of voice then she's good but otherwise...
Mikoto's quite strong. Not like "powerful" but she's definitely more mature and solid than Hime. I think she fits more genres.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Mikoto has a cool voice, maybe similar to CeVIO's Suzuki Tsudumi or flower. Hime has a high, cute voice. Each of them had kind of a metallic sound to their voice sometimes in the demos.

Reactions: xuu

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
Oohh I like Rion in certain songs, she can sound quite good. Makes me hope the best for Hime. Guess that Mikoto is going to see more usage though, just like with Anon and Kanon.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
They're very airy, I can say that. It's a bit annoying, especially since V5 has 2 good parameters for that. Mikoto is kind of like flower, but less choppy and a bit airy. Hime is just... air. Like, Zunko tier air? Mikoto will definitely see more use but I expect Hime to have a very vocal yet small fanbase.

melodicake

obnoxious vsynth user
OH MAN.....its been so long since sora and we finally have NOURISHMENT i only learned about them like 10 minutes ago but i am so hyped now. miwashiba's art is excellent as always, these two look like Beans and i am ready for all of the fanart of them. ALSO GYNOID!!! god i love flower so much, im really happy to see more from them!! can't wait to hear how these two sound omg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)