• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

New VOCALOID-influenced Anime: "Caligula"

There is a new psycho thriller anime called Caligula already airing this season.
You can watch it for free on Crunchyroll.com; only the latest episode is restricted to premium members only.

It's an anime adaption of the Japanese novel Caligula Effect, which has already been adapted into a successful RPG game for the PS Vita.
Famous VOCALOID producers, such as OSTER project, 40mP and MikitoP, are credited for soundtracks.

The story follows a group of high school students trying to escape the virtual world Möbius, which was created by the virtual idol Mu and her musicians to make everyone happy by brainwashing all of its citizens and eliminating those who resist.

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
I'm glad someone is talking about this anime on here! I freaked out when I discovered Oster-Project & Cosmo made tracks for this series!! This is some Black Mirror-Vocaloid stuff going on...

Semi-related, but the game is getting a PS4 release with new content, and Pinnochio-P and Deco*27 will be featured too. The Caligula Effect: Overdose announced for PS4 - Gematsu (I think it came out today?)

I'm glad someone is talking about this anime on here! I freaked out when I discovered Oster-Project & Cosmo made tracks for this series!! This is some Black Mirror-Vocaloid stuff going on...

Semi-related, but the game is getting a PS4 release with new content, and Pinnochio-P and Deco*27 will be featured too. The Caligula Effect: Overdose announced for PS4 - Gematsu (I think it came out today?)
Oh, that's the new Caligula game I saw in Famitsu's Most Wanted list. Glad that it's a remaster of the original game. I could never play it because of those rare Vita memory cards, which I have only one of that my Project DIVA's are saved on.
I will get it once it releases here. I can't enjoy Japanese games if there are so many kanji I don't know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)