• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID New VOCALOID Mirai Komachi distributed by YAMAHA

Move->Forward

🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹
Mar 25, 2018
Developer/creator: Bandai Namco Studios Inc.
Distributor: YAMAHA
Official Site (Japanese)
Official Site (English)
(Character Usage Guidelines on official site)

Japanese name: ミライ小町
Name in English letters: Mirai Komachi
Name from English site: Miraikomachi

Bio-
Height: 162cm
Birthday: February 22
Favorite animal: Cats
Favorite food: Carrots

Illustration by BANDAI NAMCO’s Visual Arts Team
Specifications-
Product model number: KOMACHI
Hard disk space: 400MB (voicebank size only)
Language: Japanese
Recommended range: G2 ~ F4
Recommended tempo: 70 ~ 200BPM

She is available now on the VOCALOID SHOP (Download): English 日本語
8,000 Japanese Yen (before tax)

Vocal sample:

(The title is "MIRAI" which translates into "FUTURE")

Included with her are sprites of her official design created by Mr.ドットマン (Mr. Dotman).

If there is any information I missed, please feel free to let me know. Currently, I am unsure who is the illustrator.

Last edited:

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
Leave it to Yamaha to just drop a Vocaloid into existence without a lead-up. It's like late V3 again.

Anyways, Mirai looks adorable. Interesting that Bandai Namco developed a Vocaloid though.

Eviltreat16

Apr 8, 2018
Her description on the English Vocaloid page interests me... "to showcase game development technology to the Vocaloid voicebank." Bandai's up to something it appears...

VocaMew

That one Mew fan
Apr 8, 2018
twitter.com
@Robyn Is A Ninja It doesn't look like she's going to get a physical copy. If they put enough time to say she doesn't have a physical edition on her Vocaloid shop page, I tend to doubt they're going to change that. I hope so too though; boxes are fun.

@Eviltreat16 Some people on Twitter are talking about how she was incorporated into real time videogames some time ago, but we didn't know it was her at the time (if I'm understanding things correctly). I'm curious if she'll be included with Vocaloid x Unity, or if they're gonna try and make another thing that's basically Vocaloid x Unity 2.0, or something entirely different.

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

Eviltreat16

Apr 8, 2018
@Eviltreat16 Some people on Twitter are talking about how she was incorporated into real time videogames some time ago, but we didn't know it was her at the time (if I'm understanding things correctly). I'm curious if she'll be included with Vocaloid x Unity, or if they're gonna try and make another thing that's basically Vocaloid x Unity 2.0, or something entirely different.
Ooooh now I am super interested. It's hard to say. As far as I know, Bandai uses Unreal Engine. But, just a collab between them and Unity would be amazing. I know for one of the projects I'm working on we were considering commissioning for a Vocaloid-sung theme, and I would totally try to invest into UnityXVocaloid if there were more voicebanks. (Not a fan of Unity-Chan tbh)

VocaMew

That one Mew fan
Apr 8, 2018
twitter.com
Ooooh now I am super interested. It's hard to say. As far as I know, Bandai uses Unreal Engine. But, just a collab between them and Unity would be amazing. I know for one of the projects I'm working on we were considering commissioning for a Vocaloid-sung theme, and I would totally try to invest into UnityXVocaloid if there were more voicebanks. (Not a fan of Unity-Chan tbh)
I personally love Unity-chan and would love to see a little jolt for her and Vocaloid x Unity. I remember AHS was gonna add Yukari into it until it didn't do well.
It's the only Vocaloid tie-in with videogames we have at the moment, so that's my best guess.

Eviltreat16

Apr 8, 2018
I personally love Unity-chan and would love to see a little jolt for her and Vocaloid x Unity. I remember AHS was gonna add Yukari into it until it didn't do well.
Yeah, if they reboot it with Bandai Namco, that'll be a great move on Yamaha's part. They're a recognized company for nice games, even if they don't use Unity.

Also, if you buy her she comes with art from Hiroshi Ono apparently?? I don't know if that's her original artist but, he's pretty famous. He's also known as Mr. Dotman. With Yamaha dropping her like this, it's either a bad marketing plan OR a lead-up to something.

Eviltreat16

Apr 8, 2018
Didn't take too long for someone on NND to start posting stuff

TRAIN GUY CAME THROUGH. Mirai has this powerful, nasal voice kinda like Meiko Sakine?? but not as high pitched.

EDIT: Here's her official website: BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc. ミライ小町

Google translate says her art was handled by Bandai's Visual Team. They also have Character guidelines for her which according to Google Translate, are pretty similar to Piapro's/Crypton Future Media, and that you can't use her official imagery for non-commercial purposes.

VocaMew

That one Mew fan
Apr 8, 2018
twitter.com
Yeah, if they reboot it with Bandai Namco, that'll be a great move on Yamaha's part. They're a recognized company for nice games, even if they don't use Unity.

Also, if you buy her she comes with art from Hiroshi Ono apparently?? I don't know if that's her original artist but, he's pretty famous. He's also known as Mr. Dotman. With Yamaha dropping her like this, it's either a bad marketing plan OR a lead-up to something.
I feel like Unity could still be involved, but then again, that's a 3-way collaboration between companies, which seems rare

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Well, I love her art design, but I wish I can get this, "She sounds too much like Rin and someone else that i can't remember who exactly" out of my mind now. :ring_lili:

lil_eggo

(screams eternally)
Apr 8, 2018
USA
i'm not a huge fan of her voice unfortunately :( i can't get past the way she pronounces some vowels and i don't like the way she sounds on her higher notes v much. her design seems kind of plain but also p cute. idk, i feel like she'll be forgotten.

RawBeansP

feng yi supremacy
Apr 8, 2018
elsewhere looking for oarfish
I quite like her voice, my only issue with it is that there seems to be some kinda grainy Cul or Nemu-like quality to her in all the few samples we've seen of her and idk if it's bc those particular samples have been using her out of range or if that's legit just her quality. She also doesn't seem capable of XSY which in V4 is kinda not a good thing esp if the only bank you have is mid quality at best

despite her flaws I think she's really cute! I like her voice, grain and all. obviously she sold me on her design-- I'm a huge fan of orange. and even though she's not at all connected to them I still really like that she reminds me of AnoKano both in voice and design. Tbh I think that despite V3's over saturated-ness she would've fared well in V3 imo

also her name is quite interesting, as her last name (Mirai) is spelled in katakana. it's a bit confusing but I'm pretty sure her given name is Komachi

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
despite her flaws I think she's really cute! I like her voice, grain and all. obviously she sold me on her design-- I'm a huge fan of orange. and even though she's not at all connected to them I still really like that she reminds me of AnoKano both in voice and design.
You can headcanon them as friends. (^_^)/ I'm almost tempted to make a drawing of them together, but I can't really draw groups.... :xinhua_lili:

Reactions: Elsa12TMNT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)