• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV CeVIO AI / Synthesizer V "Koharu Rikka" Thread

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Yep, her crowdfunding is officially over. In a single month, Rikka's crowdfunder...

Was backed by 1394 people,
With an average pledge of 23010 Yen (~$215),
Raising in total 32,076,200 Yen (~$299,000)!

She is without a doubt one of the most successful crowdfunding campaigns the community has ever seen. Congratulations to TOKYO6 Entertainment for organising such a successful project! Now, to go over what Rikka will get.

Koharu Rikka will receive a VOICEROID talking voice and a singing voice for Synthesizer V Studio. Rikka's VOICEROID voicebank will have four styles, thanks to all stretch goals being met. She will also have a particularly large exVOICE, at 1000 files. Her VOICEROID will also come with an MMD model of Rikka's character. We know less about her Synthesizer V voice database, other than that it will be developed in collaboration with AHS and will probably have 4 pitch groups like the Kotonoha sisters.

On a personal level I estimate that Rikka's Synthesizer V will be completed before the VOICEROID as development time for Synthesizer V seems to be significantly shorter. I would expect the Synthesizer V voice database in Q4 2020, and the VOICEROID in Q1 or Q2 of 2021. Let's look forward to Rikka's success in the future!

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Last edited:

mahalisyarifuddin

Passionate Fan
Apr 9, 2018
Palembang, Indonesia
Tokyo6's press release:

Yes, they're shifting to CeVIO AI for the talk voices while still in SynthV for the singing voices.

Reactions: Stardust and ___

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Not upset at all! But I do wonder what prompted this shift.
The explanation from TOKYO6 is that they wanted Rikka to be on all the newest technology at the time of release. CeVIO AI Talk is newer than Voiceroid, and that's... pretty much it. Granted, it was AHS that suggested it to them first, so there's nothing weird going on in that regard (though that begs the question of why AHS would encourage them to move to another company rather than stay with them, but... oh well???).

I'm already seeing some angry comments from Japanese fans, so uh. In the end Rikka might be a better product, but I'm not sure it was worth losing this business ;; (One that stood out to me was "it's annoying to switch between multiple programs to get characters to talk to each other when all Voiceroids can already be used within one program easily" which honestly I think is a valid complaint.)

___

Oct 8, 2019
he explanation from TOKYO6 is that they wanted Rikka to be on all the newest technology at the time of release. CeVIO AI Talk is newer than Voiceroid, and that's... pretty much it. Granted, it was AHS that suggested it to them first, so there's nothing weird going on in that regard (though that begs the question of why AHS would encourage them to move to another company rather than stay with them, but... oh well???).
Huh so there's one...but it's still quite odd >_>

In the end Rikka might be a better product, but I'm not sure it was worth losing this business ;;
Is it though? Personally from the talking clips I've heard of Cevio AI I wouldn't necessarily say they're any better than what I've heard from Voiceroid...then again..I'm not going to pretend I'm in the market for talking voicebanks so I don't really get a say in this at all and it's not like my opinion matters all that much, but I guess I'm throwing it out there.

Last edited:

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
Yeah I've heard higher quality ai talking voice banks like 15.ai or vo.code and they use non professional recodings

Reactions: ___

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Is it though? Personally from the talking clips I've heard of Cevio AI I wouldn't necessarily say they're any better than what I've heard from Voirecoid...then again..I'm not going to pretend I'm in the market for talking voicebanks so I don't really get a say in this at all and it's not like my opinion matters all that much, but I guess I'm throwing it out there.
Honestly I agree, I think the second voice in this video is good and sounds pretty realistic on its own, but the rest are kinda... standard CeVIO quality as it is now (with a bit less noise).

I was really looking forward to her Voiceroid release myself (as... someone who buys every Voiceroid for some reason), but I'm really not impressed with this move orz. I guess I'm kinda glad I wasn't able to contribute to her crowdfunding campagn in the end as getting a refund would be nigh impossible for me, but I just think this is an incredibly strange and bold move for what was the most record-breaking Voiceroid campaign ever... to not even become a Voiceroid in the end. Even if there was a huge jump in quality with CeVIO AI Talk, I don't think this was worth it.

edit: Also, some of her stretch goals were specifically Voiceroid related like extra emotions?? Unless CeVIO AI Talk has that feature, it's such a huge bummer that they're just..... not going to include any of that.

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
Both VBs? this could be interesting for future VBs :kanon_lili:I hope it will not up the cost too much, or perhaps they'll offer an AI only or sample only option if the cost is upped.

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion
Sep 21, 2019
I hadn’t been following her development too closely since I’m not particularly interested in the voiceroid/talk bank side of things, but I’m super glad to see she’s getting SynthV banks!! Her design is super cute, too!

Reactions: Stardust

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)