• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Otomachi Una Sugar & Spicy AI for VOCALOID6

Granata

*Luna fan number one
Jul 30, 2022
My honest feedback from first sight:

The demo song isn't the most exciting one I ever heared but I think it showcases both vbs fairly well

They sound diffrent, a bit more mature, but it's still Una ig it's the usual from Standard to AI thing. Sugar AI reminded me a bit of Mell at some parts but not in a negative way

However the design... Sugar is fine, a bit diffrent but I'll probably get used to it. But wth is Spicy? I used to defend the V4 Spicy design but uhh V6 really isn't something an 11yo would wear

Cerāgi <º•

Passionate Fan
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
Ok, what should I start with...

First of all, she sounds absolutely amazingg, I feel that the slightly more mature tone really suits her (and also, it's nothing that a bit of formant shifter can't fix).
I'm also so happy that they finally decided to make their vbs purchasable individually; as someone who has always preferred her Sweet vb way over the Spicy one (no hate or anything, they both are great, but I'm a sucker for soft voices ;;) I really appreciate that and the fact that they are now more affordable thanks to that, and they also come with a starter pack on top of that!
Design-wise, her Sweet is so dreamy and cute and that outfit suits her perfectly, I love it, and the pastel background is such a nice touch to complement it I may cry :kokone_lili:. Can't say the same for the Spicy one though, I'm sorry, it's just not up my alley.

Anyway, I'm super happy for her and she's absolutely going to be my entry to V6! :una_lili:

Reactions: TheStarPalace

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
More Una is always good in my book. I don’t think anyone expected how powerful her v4 VBs would be and I hope her v6 AI has a similar effect.

I think Sweet sounds the most “different”. It was always a little like this, but I think the new Sweet is even softer. I think that’s okay.

Reactions: Cerāgi <º•

Chuchu

Luka enthusiast
Jul 18, 2018

I kinda like Una Spicy's design, it has a punkish feel and I can see that children dance crew would wear something like that, but I understand why some have issues with it. The perspective in the promo art makes her shorts look much more unfortunate, I think they look fine in the ref sheet. I'm just glad that the artist found a good balance between the colour saturation because Una Spicy V4 made my eyes hurt lol

Chuchu

Luka enthusiast
Jul 18, 2018
Okay the reference sheet already looks better but I still prefer her V4 design. I just wish the pants were a tiny bit longer and that her whole torso was covered
Absolutely fair. Like Miku append artists will just tweek some parts of the design that they don't like. I'm sure that in the future Una Spicy AI will have plenty fanart were it's more toned down

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
I think the new design is a fine twist on the original v4 spicy. The cut of the outfit really isn't different from the old design. v4 Una had the same exposed belly, a thigh-high tight, a fishnet stocking, a miniskirt, and although she had sleeves, the sleeves had holes. Everything, including the boots, had the same "shape", with the exception of her new peacoat, which I think is a great addition. I personally think the new design gives the impression of being more modest if that is the concern. I think there is just less ornamentation on the design to distract you from the small details of the clothing-- the biggest change is definitely that these are just a touch simpler overall. Might be the shape language.

We have seen dozens of variations on Una at this point which is why I think for me personally the new designs aren't necessarily 'stand-out' in my eyes. I think they're plenty cute and I think the contrasting saturated colors is fun, but I wouldn't describe them as an "evolution" of Una-- more of a different coat of paint.

The XSYN plugin looks like it'll work! But what is actually happening? Do they have two tracks, one with the desired Spicy sound and one with the desired Sweet? And then the automated plugin is interpolating between them?

Maybe this is off, but I think this VB sounds the most "vocaloid" of all of the v6 AI banks so far, but maybe it's just the talent of the voice actor being able to replicate the voice so well. I wonder what niche these VBs will find. I worry that the exclusion of some features from v6 AI voicebanks will limit its adoption as v4 Una really hasn't felt "out of date"... at least in my opinion. But I still feel optimistic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)