• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Panic Attack ft. Megurine Luka (drone metal original)

Overcast Immortal

Budding producer
Dec 4, 2018
USA
www.youtube.com

It’s finally done and I’m excited to post this.

It’s a very slow and heavy song. Yes, it is indeed 13 minutes long. The vocals start at 2:14. I wrote it to sound like a panic attack, which feels like impending doom. The genre is drone metal, which is the slowest and possibly heaviest subgenre of doom metal, which is itself slow and heavy. As far as I know, this is the world’s first Vocaloid drone metal song, but it also has features of post-metal, which I previously used in 続ける/Continue.

Originally I was using Yokune Ruko in this song for powerful singing and screaming, but when I was tuning, I realized I hate the UTAU editor and so I switched to Vocaloid. I then took the vocals into a very somber direction.

I have two good candidates for my next Vocaloid song, both of which are also very heavy. One is a short and energetic post-metal song filled with screaming and singing, notably with Dex and Luka, and the other is a super-slow drone metal song with somber singing from Daina and Maika. I suppose when I release that one, I'll be the first person to use Daina in heavy metal. Someone has to do it, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)