Peaches' VocaJournal

peaches2217

I write mediocre OliLen fanfiction.
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
:meiko_ani_lili::meiko_ani_lili::meiko_ani_lili::meiko_ani_lili::meiko_ani_lili:
Hey! So, as a way of keeping my collective sh*t in order, I've decided to start a journal thread. I'll mostly be talking about my fanfics and their progress here, but I'll also talk about my Vocaloid covers and general happenings. Anywho, let's get started!

Vocaloid Covers

Current Primary WIPs

• 1LDK (Kagamine Len/Oliver)
  • Let's Kiss, Hiding in a Car (Kaito)
  • messiah or desire (Kamui Gakupo/Gumi)
  • Black Hole Artist (Kagamine Len/Hatsune Miku)
1LDK will be the death of me. It is, admittedly, hard to make Len and Oliver sound great together; their vocals are similar, but just different enough that they don't quite click without extensive editing. I think I've mostly got it down now, though. Oliver needs some extensive dynamic work, since his voice isn't as stable as Len's (I'm seriously considering investing in a good denoiser for him...), and once that's done I'll reassess it and see if it's ready for posting. I'm considering actually making a video from scratch for it (by "from scratch", I mean drawing a picture rather than just using the original video and posting the lyrics/translation over it), but my drawing tablet... I've got no idea what's wrong with it. We'll see how that goes!

(Ignore the random harmony that lasts for like two and a half lines. I'm experimenting.)

I got a flash of nostalgia and remembered Let's Kiss, Hiding in a Car, which was originally sung by Kaito (V1), and I'd thought it was one of the saddest songs ever. I ended up writing an entire story around it when I was 14:
Basically, Meiko gets news that she's only got a few months left to live, and she takes it hard at first. She and Kaito drive out to a remote location, where she breaks down and admits that she's not ready to die; there's lots of tears and maybe a bit of backseat lovemaking, and, by the end of it, Kaito encourages her to do everything she's wanted to do in her last few months, which Meiko agrees to. So the Cryptonloids do lots of traveling and other fun things, determined to help fulfill all of Meiko's wishes. It's topped off by her and Kaito getting married two weeks before she dies. The twins, Miku, and Luka have to help her down the aisle, because she can hardly walk at that point, and Kaito carries her around bridal-style for the rest of the day.

At some point, she writes one final song, detailing her coming to terms with her death and her gratefulness to her loved ones for helping her live her best life before it reached its end. At her deathbed, she can't move, she can hardly even keep her eyes open, but she has one last request: she wants to hear a song as she goes to sleep. Everyone's too choked up to sing (Rin snaps and tries to assault a doctor for not being able to save her, so Luka has to keep her subdued while Len and Miku just hug Meiko and cry), but Kaito, taking her hand, starts singing that song she wrote. Meiko falls asleep during the second verse; he's about halfway through the last chorus when she flatlines.

Months later, Miku's making cookies, reflecting on the slow healing process. Kaito's hardly even spoken since that day, and he does little more than stare at nothing all day. That's okay, she decides. They're all picking themselves up at different paces, and they'll just have to keep supporting each other. She brings her cookies to Kaito, hoping something sweet and fresh will cheer him up - and finds him bleeding and half-dead, a stained knife nearby.

Kaito makes a full recovery, and, a year after making an attempt on his life, he gets in his car and drives back out to that spot he took Meiko to after her diagnosis. For the first time since she died, he starts singing, and he sings the last song she wrote. He doesn't get far into it. He can't even finish the first third of the song. But, for the first time in nearly two years, he's able to smile again. Maybe she's far away. Maybe he won't get to see her again, at least not for a very long time. But he's finally ready to start living again - if not for his sake, then for hers.
Anywho, I looked up the song again and was like "...this would sound amazing with his V3." Actually, I learned then that it wasn't a Vocaloid original, like I'd always assumed. It's actually a song by a band called Mr.Children from 2001. Ah, well, that made it easier to find a good off-vocal. And it's coming along really well so far! I've XSYed his Soft and Straight voicebanks, and it sounds so lovely, even though I haven't spent more than a few minutes on fine-tuning. The only real issue is that I can't make the backing track match up 100% with the song. I can fix that in FL once I finish the vocal and the tuning, but it's still bothersome. (You can hear that issue mostly at the end.)

I don't really have much to say about the other two. One's a VSQx I found that I thought would sound good with Gakupo's V4 Power, the other's more experimental. I'm focusing most heavily on those first two for now.

Fanfictions

Current Primary WIPs
  • Chapter Five of TBBC:AD (Working Title: "Noods")
  • Chapter Six of TBBC:AD (Working Title: "Best Efforts")
  • Chapter Eight of TBBC:AD (Working Title: "Birthday")
  • Chapter Twenty-Two of TBBC (Working Title: "Life's a Beach")
  • Beyond the Bar (Direct sequel to "That Guy at the Bar")
  • Untitled KaiMei oneshot
  • Regarding the Kyokotta Household
The BananaBird Chronicles, not really intentionally, has become my most extensive work, like, ever. Originally, I'd written a few OliLen oneshots and needed somewhere to organize them; as I got more ideas, I wrote more and more, and I ended up building an entire 'verse around them, that 'verse becoming the Kyokotta Household series. I still don't have many readers, and I don't anticipate ever having many. In that respect, I feel almost stupid sometimes, pouring so much thought and time and love into this series that only I really have any attachment to. Still, everyone on Facebook keeps telling me I should write for myself and not for anyone else, and that's what I'm doing, so that's good, right?

"Regarding the Kyokotta Household" - I still don't know if I'm going to post it or not. Since the Kyokotta Household series was originally exclusively OliLen but has since grown, I'd really like to write about more characters, but no one will tell me what they want to see. That was the original idea behind this one. My thought was to make it a quick reference and post it as Chapter Twenty-? of TBBC, but it's become a lot bigger than I anticipated. It's thirty-two pages of facts and headcanons regarding the Vocaloids in my 'verse: their quirks, their fashion senses, their relationships with each other, etc. (Chapter 12 of TBBC, the longest chapter so far, is only 18 pages, in comparison.) I'd post it as its own fic, but, again, who would read it?

"That Guy at the Bar" was also supposed to be a one-off deal. In Chapter 14 of TBBC, I threw in a joke about Gakupo seeing someone at a local bar, and I had enough fun with the thought that I wrote a oneshot about it. It ended up receiving a surprising amount of praise, so now I'm working on the sequel. It's going to be Explicit-rated (given that the original was already sexually-charged), and those kinds of fics get more views, so I'm hoping it'll be equally well-received.

I've got another fic in this 'verse dealing with the Kyokotta Household's origins and each Vocaloid within its early days. Chapter 4 got a... very lukewarm response, and I've yet to get the nerve to work on more chapters because of it, so it's stuck in limbo. I'm also wanting to do one that deals specifically with Meiko and Kaito's origins, but I fear it won't be any better received than my current origins fic, so that's not happening any time soon either.

Regarding TBBC:AD (NSFW) Chapters
In my last fandom, smut was originally really looked-down upon; I ended up repopularizing it by writing a series of smut that was more emotion-driven and paid little attention to the actual actions, more attention to how the characters responded to it and to each other. (It earned me the title Grandmaster of Sin, Founding Mother of the Sinner Squad. I also got called a Stain on Society by one of the fandom's top artists and passively told to off myself for daring to write smut, which became a running joke: every time I posted a new smut fic, I'd tag it "Stain on Society".)

Since my smut for that fandom was comparatively tame, and since it was mostly M/F, I'm having trouble making convincing, well-written M/M smut without making it sound juvenile. (When writing chapter 3 of TBBC:AD, I sat in McDonald's internally chanting "WRITE 'NIPPLE'! WRITE 'NIPPLE'! WRITE 'NIPPLE'!" and it took ten minutes before I actually wrote the word "nipple".) The characters I wrote smut for originally were thirty-somethings who were highly vanilla, and now I'm writing for a young adult couple who are constant victim to hormones. I can't get away with not describing actions. At the current rate of writing, they won't even f*ck until Chapter 6. They don't even do anything explicit in the first two chapters. I'm a sham and a fraud. :LOL:

I'm getting more courageous, though! Chapters 3 and 4 got good responses, so I'm willing to continue branching out more. Chapter 5 is more explicit than the previous four, so if that one gets a good response I'll go ahead with my original plans for future chapters.

That's also why Beyond the Bar is taking so long, too. I've got almost everything written out except the actual sex. I sit down to write it, get two sentences in, and just go "AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH." because this isn't my area of expertise!

My NSFW fics may get more views, but no one comments on them, so it's hard to tell for sure how people feel about them.

Unrelated Notes

I love Nemu's demo song, but I always thought it was handled really poorly. I was finally able to track down the full song's off-vocal... on a limited-edition EP only available through Amazon Japan. Luckily, it wasn't much, and Tenso's small item shipping was less than $9, so it's on its way! As of this morning, it's at LAXA! Now I just need... well, Nemu herself, heh.

Gay marriage has finally found its way into Story of Seasons! They didn't try passing it off as a Best Friends System this time. It's just straight-up marriage! XSEED please hurry and announce an English release date I need this game so badly

.:meiko_ani_lili::meiko_ani_lili::meiko_ani_lili: :meiko_ani_lili: :meiko_ani_lili:

Last edited:

patuk

A novice
Oct 8, 2019
After hearing that 1LDK cover...tell me...how painful it was to make Oliver sing in japanese in this case? It sounds like you put a lot of hours into it.
Since the Kyokotta Household series was originally exclusively OliLen but has since grown, I'd really like to write about more characters, but no one will tell me what they want to see.
I think you should keep one series dedicated to the shipping and another dedicated to the rest of the household.

Reactions: peaches2217

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Actually, making him sing in Japanese isn't too hard. It's just time-consuming, since you have to hand-insert all of the phonemes. The tuning is the hardest part.

And see, I've thought about doing that, but all of these fics take place in the same universe. Putting them all into different series just because they involve different ships would be messy. (There's more ships than just OliLen in it, it's just that they're the pairing I've written for most.) My main justification for not coming up with a better system is, well... I've got like two readers, so ultimately no one would care anyway. :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: patuk

patuk

A novice
Oct 8, 2019
Maaaaan, did it really come across that way :teto_lili:?? Dude I'm sorry that's not what I meant, sometimes I say stuff and only later realize that it might come off as rude. What I said was supposed to be positive, I like what you did with Oliver and I'm always impressed when people make Len super soft without making him sound....well..compressed. I mostly think of him as powerful vocal. How do you do it?

Just because they would be kept in different series doesn't necessarily mean they'd be in different universes....but thinking about it now...if you'd write in some Meiko/Kaito for example into your fic it could bring some new viewers. So it might not be such a bad idea after all.

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
No, not at all! I apologize. I was being rude. I'm very critical of myself and tend to thus take things the wrong way. I'm glad you like it! Do you really think Len doesn't sound compressed? I was trying to keep his voice strong but soft enough to match Oliver's, fitting the upbeat but laid-back nature of the song, so I did a lot of tweaking with XSY and Brightness. Getting his voice right has been the most painful part of the process, easily.

That's actually what I'm going for. The series itself has multiple stories that interweave and focus on various characters and pairings (the untitled KaiMei fic I'm working on will be part of that series, for example). TBBC is just one fic within that series, it just happens to be my most extensive one, which is why I'm trying to branch out. My ultimate goal is to have something everyone can enjoy! It's a bit of a slow process, though, putting my toes into the water and trying to figure out what a readership might want that I can give well in my style.

patuk

A novice
Oct 8, 2019
The blame isn't only on you, I do really struggle with voicing things appropriately sometimes ^^ It's issue I'm working on so it's ok to correct me!

I was just thinking how hard it would be to mix Oliver and Len together and yes! I think you executed what you had in mind with Len pretty well! And I don't find him to be terribly compressed, I've heard Len sing even softer without having too much trouble with compression actually! I'm rather impressed by him rn! But to be frank, I'm still training my ears so I might miss some stuff.

Hmm, trying to figure out what the readership might want. I'd say, try to involve Gumi more! Everyone likes Gumi after all.

RoboCheatsyTM

That one Sukone Tei stan
Sep 21, 2019
www.robocheatsy.com
In terms of fanfic writing, I'd say just write what you enjoy! If you enjoy your work, it'll really show through when you write, and, although I can't speak for others, but I enjoy a story more when it seems like the writer is having fun with it! The fanfic of yours that I read is a good example of writer who seems like they enjoy their work.

I do agree with Patuk that if you're looking to cater to readers a bit more in hopes of gaining more, I don't think it could hurt to involve Gumi. I've noticed a lot of Vocaloid fanfics involve her at some point, even if it's just a cameo. Maybe involve some UTAUloids as well? (More specifically popular ones like the Vippaloids; Teto, Ritsu, Ruko, Tei, etc..)

Since you're not sure what to do with your headcanons that you've written, maybe you should upload them as a separate fic, then mention in an author's note in the next update in any of your other fics that you've uploaded your headcanons if anyone wants to read them.
(If AO3 allows you to link to it within an author's note, you could do that, too. And same with FFN if it'll let you, but I don't think FFN allows you to put links within a fic.)

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I'm definitely trying to work on more stuff with Gumi! She's in a few scenes in my other fics, and a chapter I'm working on for TBBC largely features her (she accidentally spikes a volleyball into Oliver's face, which kicks off the chapter's main conflict, and she keeps coming up with creative ways that Oliver can get back at her, each more outlandish and unsurvivable than the last). I really like the characterization I've come up with for her, so I'd like to make more content around my version of her. Once I get this upcoming chapter out of the way, I'll start on something more Gumi-centric!

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
November 12, 2019
Vocaloid Covers

Current Primary WIPs

• Oliver's Lullaby (Prima)
  • Let's Kiss, Hiding in a Car (Kaito)
  • Futari De (Miku/Rin)
  • 1LDK (Len/Oliver)
God as my witness, I WILL complete 1LDK someday! It just won't be today. Or tomorrow. Or probably any time soon. It just... it sounds awful and I have no idea how to fix it. I'm just overall very poorly skilled at using vocal synths, but this is a new level of self-dissatisfaction.

Well, at least my cover of Oliver's Lullaby is going well! Prima is really tricky to use, especially since her voice wasn't at all meant for something so soft and sweet (and here I was promising I'd never use her and Tonio for things they're not meant for... I mean, at least I'm not holding it against the voicebank itself like a lot of fans do). Actually, even though her voice is quite powerful, it's mature and lovely and still manages to work well for the song. Her pronunciation is very good, too, especially for being a V2. She's taking a lot of TLC to get to the point of being ready to publish, but I really do enjoy working with her.

Futari De is easily one of my favorite OliLen duets, and I discovered it has an off-vocal. And it's a very soft, airy love song, one that works perfectly with Miku's Sweet voicebank and Rin's Warm voicebank. I have a little experience working with Miku V4X Sweet; I XSYed her Sweet and Original voicebanks for the first part of my cover of Love Disease-
-but it turns out her Sweet VB on its on is veeeeeery quiet. I had to turn her all the way up just to be heard. And I haven't actually used Rin's Warm VB yet. I used her Sweet VB for another cover, but Warm has different, if similar, nuances, and I'm going to have to learn them as I go along.

Fanfictions

Current Primary WIPs
  • Chapter 5 of TBBC:AD (Almost done!)
  • Chapter 21 of TBBC (Working Title: Life's a Beach)
  • Beyond the Bar
Chapter 5 of TBBC:AD is so close to being finished! It's a little choppy, but I'm trying not to be too hard on myself. My goal is to complete it, just get it all on paper (er, screen) and then going back and making it good. I've also gotten somewhat into Chapter 21 of the main TBBC, but, admittedly, I haven't been working on my writing as much as I should have been this past week, so I haven't really come far.

That's about all I have to report about my fics (that doesn't violate the No Explicit Content rules of this forum). Writing-wise, this was a very unproductive week, and I'm ashamed of myself. More so than usual, even.

Unrelated Notes
  • I've been trying to work on making translations! For some reason, that helps Japanese stick with me more than just reading/writing from a book. I've been on a Mineral Town kick, so I translated one of the first promotional images we ever got for the remake (as no one ever actually translated it, because we were all too busy freaking out over the character redesigns). I think I did okay! Cliff's bio gave me trouble, though, and it's the one I have the least amount of faith in.

I'm so freaking excited for this remake.

• I've decided to get Christmas shopping out of the way before Black Friday so I don't get caught up in the crowds. As I only really have one friend and a handful of close family members, Christmas shopping is usually easy. I'd asked my friend what she wanted, and she mentioned wanting a new pipe. My uncle collects pipes and will often gift them, so I offered to ask him and have her pick one from his collection... which seemed like a great idea, until she informed me she doesn't smoke tobacco. Whoops.

Anyway, knowing I don't know much about that kind of thing, she said she'd be happy with anything sparkly, like crystals, or maybe something related to jellyfish. (Actually, that last one's a guess, because she was obsessed with jellyfish when we were in high school.) So I got her a few books on crystals and a crystal jellyfish display to put in her room. It glows in the dark too!

And I took the plunge and bought her a pipe from her favorite shop to top it all off, since she's not expecting me to get her one. It's sparkly and blue, just like the crystal jellyfish. I really hope she likes it!

• My CD came in! It's an EP from DempaGumi Inc, one that had a few variations. The Nemu version comes with a studio recording and off-vocal version of "Well... Actually, I'm Yumemi Nemu," which was Vocaloid Nemu's demo. I'm excited to make a full version! Even though I still don't have Nemu's VB. Black Friday don't let me down!

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Speaking of, I've been considering: should I upload the off-vocal of "Actually, I'm Yumemi Nemu" (to like dropbox or something)? I've seen a few covers of the demo version, and they all just turned down the original demo and had their VB sing over Nemu, so I figured it might be helpful to anyone that might want to make a cover.

RoboCheatsyTM

That one Sukone Tei stan
Sep 21, 2019
www.robocheatsy.com
God as my witness, I WILL complete 1LDK someday! It just won't be today. Or tomorrow. Or probably any time soon. It just... it sounds awful and I have no idea how to fix it. I'm just overall very poorly skilled at using vocal synths, but this is a new level of self-dissatisfaction.
I know that feeling. Some advice I'd like to share is to stick it on the back burner for a little a while and work on something else; it'll clear your mind. Then come back to it and you might find what's causing the problem. (I did this when working on Hibana, which I still haven't finished; the vocals sounded awful and choppy because the vowels were randomly dropping. As it turns out, the issue was the way I had split the notes and I was using the wrong singer for the song.)

I highly doubt your as poorly skilled as you think seeing as your covers are quite good! I'm sure you'll get it soon! :kaito_move:

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I've done that a few times now, and it DOES always sound better when I come back to it, then I'm able to get more work done. In all honesty, I could probably publish it now and it wouldn't be bad, but it wouldn't be as good as it COULD be and I'd never forgive myself. I just get frustrated that I'm taking so long on it, heh. And thank you! I've been Vocaloiding for coming up on two years, so I think I've improved a little since then, but not by much... I just need to keep working.

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Monday, November 25, 2019
Vocaloid Covers

Current Primary WIPs

• Nope.
So as I've ranted about plenty already via status updates, my laptop kinda fell apart. Before sending it off for repairs/possible replacement, I was able to save everything to an external hard drive, so I've got all my Vocaloids and my VSQs and whatnot. But the process of trying to get any of them onto my temporary replacement (my stepsister's horribly battered laptop) is needlessly tedious: it took two hours to get V4 and Kaito re-installed, and then I had to go and individually request permission to open each and every file, so it took a total of three and a half hours to get Kuruma open.

It's only a month. It's not worth all the trouble.

Anyway, a month away from Vocaloid will give me time to focus on my writing!

Fanfictions

Current Primary WIPs

• Chapter 21 of TBBC (I'm probably sticking with the title "Life's a Beach")
  • Chapter 22 of TBBC (Working title: "And It Feels So Good")
  • Chapter 23 of TBBC (Working title: "Premature Christmas Shopping")
I anticipate being able to post Chapter 21 by tomorrow or Wednesday! Since this stupid laptop refuses to recognize the wifi at my university, writing was really the only thing I could do between classes today, and I made a lot of headway on it. I've taken the advice given to me and added a generous helping of Gumi-related shenanigans.
Something nailed him in the back of the head, something lightweight but unexpected enough to throw him off-balance. Gumi was there when he turned around, an inner tube fashioned to look like a panda settled around her waist; she’d thrown a similar one at Oliver, one that looked like a duck, and she was smiling expectantly.

“Floatie race!” she explained as he picked up the tube and slid it on. “Last one to the deep end has to clean up James’ mess when we get home!”

Oliver wasn’t sure what baffled him more: the suggestion that anyone other than him would clean up after James (he was the one who insisted he retain free reign of the house while they were gone, after all), or the suggestion that the ocean
had a deep end.
Also, I've inadvertently started injecting more and more random facts about Japan and Japanese language and culture into my fics, especially TBBC. The dialogue in Chapter 8 was rendered mostly in Japanese (it dealt with how Japanese people express love and how Oliver has to adjust to not really being told "I love you" all the time, and how he begins to hear other, often mundane things in the same vein as aishiteru). Anyway, a few chapters later, someone referenced it and said I seemed like I "really knew my stuff" when it came to Japanese culture and whatnot, and I guess it went to my head, because I've loved referencing actual places and practices since then.

Chapter 21 has a bit of it. The Kyokotta household is vacationing in the city of Otaru, and I've got a couple of lines dedicated to its sites. There's gonna be more in Chapter 23 as well - part of it is going to be about Oliver, who loves Christmas, adjusting to life in Japan, a country that doesn't really celebrate Christmas (at least not to the extent of most Western countries). In fact, contrary to the working title, the "premature Christmas shopping" is actually premature New Years shopping.

Fun fact about Christmas in Japan: it's synonymous with fried chicken. KFC will run deals where you can order buckets of chicken and bottles of wine. Some locations even served fried versions of specialty Japanese birds.

My mom and I have decided that's how we're gonna spend Christmas: at the KFC buffet with a bottle of wine (or vodka, in my case, as I've never really been a fan of wine).

Unrelated Notes

• Finals are coming up and I've got a laptop that can't be taken off of its charger for more than 20 minutes. Pray for me.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Ahh, sometimes I'd rather order a bucket of KFC then have to deal with all the hassle and drama that comes from going to Christmas dinner....glad that you and your mom are enjoying that dream!

Good luck with finals :kyo_ani_lili: does your school maybe have a place you can rent a laptop? mine lets us rent laptops from the library

Reactions: TheStarPalace

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
No laptop rentals, sadly. Ours is the kind of school that offers no tech support, but they'll happily sell you what you need from the bookstore at a significant markup, because we haven't already gone into enough debt just trying to get an education. :LOL: My professors are all pretty cool, though. I'm sure they'll let me sit near a charger. It's more an inconvenience than a genuine hindrance.

Reactions: cafenurse

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Tuesday, November 26th, 2019

I'm trying to piece together the 'verse for my Vocaloid fics (I know, small-scale world building when I have an average of two readers? I'm an idiot). The majority of my works take place in the fictional town of Kyokotta, which is located in the Hokkaido subprefecture of Ishikari, chosen because of its capital, Sapporo, where Crypton is headquartered (and which is also the capital of Hokkaido as a whole).
I brought Kiyoteru into my fics as well, casting him as a Vocaloid who's living in the town of Ebetsu. I've only got one fic with him so far, but I'm semi-actively working on two more (a sequel to the first one, and then a prequel that better explains his double-life - yes, I'm totally going with the "school teacher who moonlights as a J-rock singer" shtick, I'm weak for it).
  • I've established (though have yet to publish) that he acts as a teacher on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, teaching child Vocaloids; since child Vocaloids can retain information yet can't mature past a certain point, they wouldn't benefit from attending traditional schools with humans, and so Kiyoteru merges classroom learning with hands-on experience. He'll typically lecture and provide classroom activities on Mondays and Wednesdays and then take the kids on a tie-in field trip on Fridays.​
  • When he's not teaching, he goes by Shirosaki Teru (白咲瑛) , a typical human guy in Ishikari's underground J-rock scene. He was with a band for a while, but they split for the big time (they parted on good terms, so no animosity on anyone's part), and now he's the primary headlining act at a local bar's shows on Friday nights.​
  • He doesn't like people knowing about his two sides. If anyone who knows him as Teru sees him out in public as Kiyoteru, he'll pass himself off as Teru's brother, Yuudai. (See what I did there? Eh? Eh? ...I couldn't help myself.)​
So, since he teaches child Vocaloids, I had to figure out how to work them in as well while also not making every single Japanese Vocaloid conveniently live in the same exact subprefecture. So what I've decided on: the V2-era AHloids live in Ishikari. I've yet to determine why. The child 'loids that aren't from AH live there so they can be close to Kiyoteru, because that's more convenient than making more android teachers.

In that vein, here's what I've got figured out!
  • All of Kiyoteru's students live with Miki and Iroha in Kitahiroshima. Miki and Iroha are like a pair of fun moms who both act like one of the kids, yet somehow keep everyone in line and keep the house from bursting into flames on a regular basis. Just go to their house, sit down, and watch for a few hours. It's impressive.
  • The child 'loids in the Kitahiroshima household, and Kiyoteru's students: Yuki, Ryuto, Rana, Una, Rion, and Nemu. (Look, I know Rion's supposed to be sixteen, and sharing a voice provider with Nemu probably makes Nemu the same age, but I always thought of them as kids, especially with their V4 designs. Most Vocaloids in my 'verse are aged up, so I think I can take the same liberties and age a couple of them down.)
  • Yuki, Miki, and Kiyoteru originally all lived together in Kitahiroshima. By the time Kiyoteru got into a band, Iroha had already come along, and they encouraged Kiyoteru to go pursue his dream. Still, at that point they also had Ryuto, and he still wanted to be around to act as a teacher to both them and to future child Vocaloids, so he didn't move far. (And, as mentioned above, his bandmates wanting to move away for a better shot at stardom is what made him break off from them.)
  • Everyone loves Hiyama-sensei. On weekdays and particularly slow weekends, he'll stick around after class or even come into town on off-days and hang out with the Kitahiroshima household and help its matriarchs make dinner. Since he and Yuki are technically counterparts, she sometimes calls him onii-chan (or the slightly more baffling, Kaai Yuki Trademarked onii-sensei).
The AHloids are also close to Una's and Ryuto's "aunts", Lily and CUL (who I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna call Kuru when I bring her up). They live in Nagoya (because Hokkaido's just too damn cold), but they fly out and visit every summer. They're basically Miki and Iroha's polar-opposite counterparts (no kids, can't keep a space clean between the two of them, more "cool" than "cute"). Lily and Kiyoteru are especially close. He calls her Cousin Lily, and she loves giving him well-meaning but potentially-destructive life advice.

(Interestingly, Gakupo and Gumi aren't aware that there's more Vocaloids from their company. The Cryptonloids are often kept in the dark about other Vocaloids, and, since they live with them, they're kept in a similar state of ignorance.)

So... that's about what I've got.

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Thursday, December 6th, 2019
First Things First!
Look at this piece I had commissioned from @GreenFantasy64! My boys look so beautiful! Thank you again so much!
(It got stretched out a little bit in my attempt to set it as my laptop background, so I apologize.)

Vocaloid Covers
Current Primary WIPs
  • Bratja (Oliver)
  • Kuruma (Kaito)​
On behalf of @patuk, I made Oliver sing the first four lines of Bratja. I actually had tons of fun trying to make him sing in Russian! I came up with a hack for making him roll his Rs, which is heavily modeled on the way I roll mine (as I can't properly roll my Rs at all, something I'm frequently teased for in Spanish :LOL:), and it actually works for the most part! I wanna go and do the whole song now because his voice works really well with it, and making Vocaloids sing in different languages is so much fun.

I've made like two edits on Kuruma in the past weeks.

Fanfictions
Current Primary WIPs
  • Chapter 23 of TBBC (I really don't like any titles I try to come up with...)
  • Chapters I think 6 and 7 of TBBC:AD (Efforts/Birthday - Efforts also needs a better name...)
I need to stop finishing and publishing work late at night. I uploaded two chapters last week and have gotten a total of one comment (and a response to my reply) and five views. Or maybe I just need to get better at writing. It's both, I think.

Chapter 23 I'm gonna try to get up before my surgery on the 20th. Christmas Eve (minor spoiler) ends up playing into the ending, so I wanna get it out before then. It's kind of risky, I think, as it's a sequel to one of the less popular chapters (TBBC already being of low popularity, that's saying something), but I had the idea, and then someone commented on the original chapter, and I thought why not go through with it? I hope it's better received than the original. I don't think it's nearly as sappy.

I don't feel any kind of pressure to finish those two chapters of AD, so naturally I'm getting those done faster than the one I actually need to get published ASAP. The first time smut has come easily to me in years, and I actually need to focus on something else. Screw you, Chapters 6 and 7.

Unrelated Notes
  • I'm nervous. Classes are officially done for the semester and finals are next week. There's a few classes I had missing work in, and I'm scared to death that I'm not gonna pass those classes and I'm gonna flunk out of college again. I'm already nearly three years behind schedule. I can't afford to screw things up anymore... so if I seem more self-critical than normal in these coming weeks, that would be why.
  • Remember that surgery I got in October that left me unable to use my right arm for two weeks and that I'm still in pain from? Yup, I'm repeating that whole process with my left arm in just two weeks! My last final is on Wednesday, so I'll have a nine days to get Chapter 23 finished. Here's hoping I get everything done!
  • My stepmom and dad pitched in and gave me and my stepsister $100 to get Christmas presents for our loved ones. I finished Christmas shopping before Black Friday. There's one person in my Spanish class I wanna get something for, but it's like $15. I'm forcing myself to be responsible and save it, since I won't be able to find work until after I recover from this last surgery, but, like... Nemu... She's only $72...

Last edited:

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Saturday, December 14th, 2019
@Aia inspired me to throw one of these together! I, uh... didn't notice just how similar the poses are to yours until I was already adding color. I'm so sorry.

This was fun and I wanna make more for my other pairings! But, well... I keep forgetting just how bad at art I am until I draw again. :kyo_lili: In my defense, I had to do the majority of this with a mouse because my tablet's too wonky to work and I have no idea how to fix it and don't wanna buy another one in case I CAN fix it, and my hands are far from steady, so even though this was done in Krita it still looks like it was done in MS Paint. Gah, I suck at this. At everything, really, but especially this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)