• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Pfizer's COVID Vaccine Being Approved by FDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jisenku

womp womp
Nov 17, 2020
idk anymore
jisenku.carrd.co
The FDA has officially greenlighted the Pfizer COVID Vaccine to be released to the public soon for those high at risk including healthcare workers & education workers. This greenlight was crucial for Pfizer to be approved by the FDA, and will soon be approved if all goes smoothly and will be distributed across the US. What do you think about this? The sources down below are the official pages of Pfizer & the FDA.

I would suggest only trying to take information from those sources. If you want more information, I would also recommend watching Associated Press & Reuters for more information. Please do not link sources that are considered opinion, for more information about what sources are considered factual, please visit Home - Ad Fontes Media and check out the Media Bias Chart. Thank you!

Jisenku

womp womp
Nov 17, 2020
idk anymore
jisenku.carrd.co
I've heard some people are afraid to even take the thing. Hope it all works out though.
I mean yeah, the fastest vaccine made to date was for the Mumps, and that took four years. It just seems really really fast, but at the same time this is a really deadly virus and we have great technology to help combat it. I'm honestly a little scared too, but I am hopeful for it

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
I mean yeah, the fastest vaccine made to date was for the Mumps, and that took four years. It just seems really really fast, but at the same time this is a really deadly virus and we have great technology to help combat it. I'm honestly a little scared too, but I am hopeful for it
The mumps vaccine was produced in 1988, so increased speed of production is expected. :gumi_lili: Fun fact: Before it's introduction, 8 out of 10 people in the UK would contract mumps in their lifetime. It's quite amazing what humans have achieved in recent history.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Also keep in mind that this is also the first vaccine that had so many scientists collaborating on its development which helped things along as well
And because of the situation of the pandemic basically putting our world to a halt, people were throwing their money at vaccine research rapidly. The immense funding speeds the process up a lot.

SeleDreams

Passionate Fan
Jul 31, 2019
Take in account though that how it got so fast isn't just because of it and multiple laboratories worked on different ones at once it's just the fastest one that won the race so all this budget was split into tons of independent researches, not to the same laboratory
also they skipped some testing phases to directly go to humans

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Hi guys! We're going to lock this thread. As a vocal synth forum, this isn't a safe or reliable space for medical discussion and advice.

Here are some places to learn about vaccines from experts in the field:
How vaccines work
How vaccines are developed

Thorough documentation of the Pfizer / BioNTech vaccine can be read here. A simplified version can be read here.

If you have any health concerns, please seek advice from a medical professional.

Continue to follow your local guidelines for COVID19. Stay safe everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)