• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Questions about using ACE?

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
i dont want to fill the ACE thread with my questions alone so i am making a thread to ask a little more. I have a few questions about how the new ACE studio works and if theres some kind of english guide i'd love to see it, im just having trouble finding answers through google and whatnot...

1) to make sure, ACE only imports midi files, right? I assume there is no easy way to convert other file types (vsq, ust) to ace's file type right now

2) is there some kind of phonetic list? i assume you can enter sounds without typing chinese characters but ive had issues actually figuring out the phonetics to enter that the voices can sing. i dont know enough chinese to guess what all the possible sounds are.

3) i know ACE is cross lingual with japanese- do you need to "switch" it to read a file in japanese (like in synth v, there is a drop down to pick what the voice will read the file as) or will it just detect it automatically? and in that case- will it read japanese and chinese phonetic simultaneously? (as in combining a mix of notes with japanese or chinese phonetics)

at that moment i am mostly wondering about phonetics but again if anyone has some kind of quide (or any other tips) that would be great! really eager to try the software but have had some confusion.

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
1.) you can create a midi with lyrics using sv studio
2.) I don't think ace even has phonemes? You will have to enter the lyrics as pinyin or hanzi. If you don't know what syllables Chinese has, you can check out the "Chinese phonetics" page on the voca wiki Chinese Phonetics
3.)You need to select the notes that you want to (crosslingualize?) and click the button that says japanese/chinese. It will be on the same bar as the pencil and select tools

Reactions: peaches2217

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
2.) I don't think ace even has phonemes? You will have to enter the lyrics as pinyin or hanzi. If you don't know what syllables Chinese has, you can check out the "Chinese phonetics" page on the voca wiki Chinese Phonetics
hm, i guess when i say "phonetic" i mean what is shown in the box above the japanese/chinese characters, since i noticed on a file i have where i pasted in characters, double clicking to change it would basically show romaji/pinyin. format wise i just assumed they were 'phonetics' in a traditional sense while below was the 'lyric'. i guess if ACE doesnt have a phonetic system like other programs, i just need to be familiar with romaji/pinyin?
1659815286301.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)