• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Rana Fanclub

Vani ❤ Candy

❤ Rana and Teki are my babies ❤
Apr 8, 2018
in a box under a bridge
Welcome to the new Rana club, a fanclub dedicated to our favorite rainbow-clad girl <3

Rana_v4_full_body_illust (1).png
(Rana V4 and friends illustration by Shindo Kamichi)

Who Is Rana?

Rana is a Japanese Vocaloid owned by We've Inc. Her voice is provided by the Japanese voice actress Ai Kakuma, who is known for her roles in series such as WIXOSS. Rana's official illustrations have been provided by artist Shindo Kamichi, aside from her Rana and Friends LINE emoticons as well as her chibi artwork, which were illustrated by Mokeo.

Rana0.5(もけおさんバージョン)ewew435436.png
(Rana V4 chibi illustration by Mokeo)

Rana's official birthday is September 9, which she shares with her voice provider. Her design has a big rainbow motif as her creators wanted it to represent the producer's creative freedom with her. "So you can color with the color that best represents you."
Rana's official number is 00001, which is printed on her cheek. However, the number on her cheek is actually unique to the person who bought the magazine, hence why you may see VOCALOID3 videos of Rana having a randomized number in each one. On her VOCALOID4 design, this number was replaced with 'Rana V4'.
Rana has four companion robotic pets. They are Morio Shishou (a red panda), Jasmine Kenkyuuin (a green puppy), Sachiko (a yellow bird), and Kouhei (a blue bird). Initially, Rana had just Morio, Jasmine, and Sachiko for her run in the magazine, while Kouhei was added when Rana's VOCALOID4 was released.
Rana's History

Rana was developed by We've Inc. in collaboration with Internet Co, Ltd. for the VOCALOID3 engine. The two companies did something unique with her: make her subscription based. Her VOCALOID3 voicebank was only obtainable through the magazine Vocalo-P ni Naritai (ボカロPになりたい!), which was released on September 9, 2014.

Rana_magazine_coverdeeere.png
(Vocalo-P ni Naritai! Volume 1 cover)

From the beginning, Rana and the magazine were marketed towards beginners who were interested in starting to create music. Each magazine came with a trial version of Rana alongside an MMD model with her, as well as little music creation programs and were full of tutorials on how to use her, the VOCALOID3 Engine, MikuMikuDance, and Singer Songwriter 7 Lite. To get a non-expiring copy of Rana, you had to collect all 30 tickets that were included in each volume of the magazine and mail them. However, because We've Inc. could not conduct their business overseas, you could not mail the tickets unless you had a Japanese address to mail the tickets from. So this made it difficult for us overseas to get Rana's VOCALOID3, but not impossible!

On September 8, 2015, it was revealed that We've Inc. was working on an VOCALOID4 update for Rana. With this, the Vocalo-P ni Naritai magazine ended its run on October 25, 2015. Rana's VOCALOID4 update was released on December 1, 2015. While it was a simple port, alongside adding GWL support, her release on the Vocaloid store finally opened her up to purchase by people who were unable to get her VOCALOID3 voicebank from the magazine. The store also has an option to buy Rana's VOCALOID4 update at a discount if you already have her VOCALOID3 voicebank from the magazine. Rana has also been released for the Mobile VOCALOID Editor.

You can read more about Rana on the Vocaloid wiki!

Here I'll update the OP with original songs, covers, and possibly more artwork if i am given permission to do so. If you want to share a song, artwork, or video, just post it here. If you want to join, just post or message me!

Back on VO, the original Rana club was left dormant for over a year. I intended to ask if i could take it over, but the forum shut down before I could do anything. Now that we have a fresh start here on VocaVerse, I want to get a new Rana club up and running, because this sweetheart deserves it!

Featured Original: Doyoubi - Bau feat. Rana

Featured Cover: World Is Mine - gran678 feat. Rana (Original: Ryo ft. Miku Hatsune)

Vanilla ❤ Shake (Manager)
Imoxident
peach
Infoholic
dorothy3242

Banner by Infoholic
Code:
[IMG]https://vocaverse.network/attachments/8tvor7g-png.955/[/IMG]

You can buy Rana here on Vocaloid.com!
[/MEDIA][/CENTER]

Last edited:

Vani ❤ Candy

Apr 8, 2018
in a box under a bridge
i spruced up the OP quite a bit, mostly with who Rana is and her history. I kind of like gathering information like that, ahahaha

also, here's a song i'd like to share! if you like Rana's voice in a deeper tone, you may like this one.

Reactions: Sharkartist

Vani ❤ Candy

Apr 8, 2018
in a box under a bridge
hello again! i went and updated the featured songs in the OP again. this batch is rather self-indulgent of me hahaha

"R"etter is such a cute song that's basically one giant love letter to all the producers who use Rana. it helped me through some unfortunate events at the beginning of March, so it's rather special to me. I've talked with both the producer and the artist for that song on twitter too and they're just so nice <3

that Torinoko City cover was the first Rana V4 song i heard when she released, and i was pretty impressed with it overall :3c

if there are songs you want featured in the OP, please don't hesistate to tell me! I'm open to more Rana songs to share. Also, if other Vocaloids or UTAUs, etc. are featured too, that's also fine! As long as Rana is featured in some capacity it's legible to be shared here <3

and on a final note, i've been conceptualizing a Rana FC banner (kind of want to make one by myself), so hopefully i'll have a finished one ready soon.

:rana_lili:

dorothy3242

Noffy T. Coffee
Apr 8, 2018
osu.ppy.sh
Hey, I adore Rana to bits. Can I join the club :D
here's my favorite use of Rana, really love how she is used here. The arrange is also incredible, can never get enough of it. It's a good combo!

Rana is one of my favorite vocaloids, though it can be a bit hard to find quality songs using her...

I also briefly ran a tumblr ask blog for her, though ended up stopping because I didn't like my art
Ask Rana!
I still have her design engrained in my memory because of it though.

Vani ❤ Candy

Apr 8, 2018
in a box under a bridge
of course! everyone is welcome - the more the merrier!!

oh wow, i'm really digging that jazz arrange, i agree, her voice is incredible here!!!

what a cute ask blog! you're art is fine though!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)