• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

RanaV4- 僕らの街に愛が降る夜だ WIP

BLANAero

Watakushi, Aero de gozaimasu!
Apr 8, 2018
Montréal, Canada
I think the change of pitch is sometimes too sudden? Dunno for that one, Can't find a good example but sometimes I wonder what just happened, go back, and find it normal
The end of lines are sometimes not smooth enough. Oh got one 1:53 is works with the u but not with the a 1:58 the a
2:08 the e
but the e at 3:14 is really cool
That could just be me tho

Reactions: MusicPride

WintermintP

Lead Guitar, One Minute Winter
If you didn't do the instrumental I guess there's nothing anyone can do about it, but I'm really hearing the guitars going off from the left and then the right at very quick and sudden intervals and because of that I'm having trouble trying to listen to this.

Two major problems I see with this particular track.

One, the vocals are not all that cutting through very well. So many aspiring producers forget to compress the vocals.

Two, the vocals have WAAAAY too much vibrato. Clean it up a bit and you have a solid track.

WintermintP

MusicPride

That Lily Fanboy
Apr 9, 2018
Michigan, USA
If you didn't do the instrumental I guess there's nothing anyone can do about it, but I'm really hearing the guitars going off from the left and then the right at very quick and sudden intervals and because of that I'm having trouble trying to listen to this.

Two major problems I see with this particular track.

One, the vocals are not all that cutting through very well. So many aspiring producers forget to compress the vocals.

Two, the vocals have WAAAAY too much vibrato. Clean it up a bit and you have a solid track.

WintermintP
I actually have some compression on the vocals and I was worried from past experience of over-compressing vocals, so I have the compressor at -30.0 dB and a 2:1 ratio. The compressor I'm using is the base compressor included in FL Studio. I'm also using TDR Kotelnikov as a Mastering tool.

And I'm actually confused about the vibrato issue since there's only one note in the VSQ file that has any vibrato and there's no Editor-based vibrato on any of the notes in the VSQ.

Attachments

WintermintP

Lead Guitar, One Minute Winter
Yea, I just realised that the problem was the characteristics of the voicebank itself... >.<

One thing I could suggest is that you have the exact same compressor with the exact same settings so that you run two in series. One thing I have to mention, though, is that with any compressor, it's always best to keep adjusting the threshold until you get a certain amount of gain reduction. In this case, you would have to make sure you get 3dB of gain reduction out of each. Then increase the makeup gain so that the vocals cut through.

You might have to do some EQ so that the vocals cut through better. Solo the vocals, bring up the highpass filter until you hear the sound change a little bit on the vocals, then back it off just enough that the change doesn't happen anymore. You also might have to boost somewhere in the 2-3k area.

I don't know if Kotelnikov is a good tool for mastering. I would've suggested Limiter No6.

As for the quirkiness of the vocals, yea, there's nothing anyone can do... @.@

WintermintP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)