• Hello Guest, recently a massive leak of e-mails and passwords ocurred on the internet. Please read more in here to see if you have been compromised.
  • Bookmarks are back! Read more in here.

RazzyRu Journal

RazzyRu

Designer
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
piapro.jp
February 9. Evening.

It's the weekend, and I've been oddly sleepy today.
However! I am still pushing it through!

Today I have some good progress on the Luka illustration for the 10th anniversary contest! Since it's a contest entry, it may be best I don't show any previews here. It will most likely take a while like the Neku illustration did.

Oh, right! It's all finished now, I'll show you how it looks now!

:seeu_lili:Today's Art

Also on Twitter.
I'm hoping to try something like this with the Luka illustration. Not the same style, but about the same level of time and detail put into it, possibly more.
We'll see how it goes.
I do want to do something like this again though! I wonder if there is another artist I could study?

What do you guys think of these, too? Drawing something in a style that's not one's own? I get hesitant sharing something like this since, well, this technically isn't my style, even if I purposely didn't exactly replicate some things. I feel it will help when drawing my own style again. I guess we will see how it goes.
Tetsuya Nomura definitely serves as one of my favorite artists. Something about the style, the way the face is drawn, proportions... It seems cool to me. I wish I had a better way of describing it.

:rin_smile_lIlI:Blender

I don't have anything new with Blender yet, but hopefully I can get to the orange again this coming up week!

I haven't used Blender at all, but it looks like this might help maybe?

And maybe this? Wireframe Modifier — Blender Manual
Oh, I like these! I'll have to try it out then!
I actually looked at some of Blender Guru's videos, it has been helpful!
Maybe I'll try it out next week then and show my results here!:kaito_move:
Thanks for recommending!

:gumi_lili:Today's Song
Another good one! It rocks pretty hard. :)

(Just got the chance to listen to "Route," too (I have firewall issues sometimes.)--you're right, it's pretty cool! A different sound than I've heard for Miku before; it sounds like it would fit in well at the end of some movies. Very nice!)
Hehe, LIQ definitely makes some hard tracks!

That's a neat thought! It definitely has that end of movie sense! It almost gives like a sense of closure? Something seems rather peaceful about it when I listen to it!

Here's another track I came across, this one is with GUMI this time!
It's another one of those softer tracks. Funny I tend to recommend heavy works and rather peaceful ones, I think. Not so many in the middle, maybe I should go exploring some more.
into the soundscape
AGLLA feat. GUMI
https://vocadb.net/S/202189
It may be a bit before I send an update. We shall see. Take care everyone, and peace out!
Ganbarazzy, everyone!

- RazzyRu

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Today I have some good progress on the Luka illustration for the 10th anniversary contest! Since it's a contest entry, it may be best I don't show any previews here. It will most likely take a while like the Neku illustration did.

Oh, right! It's all finished now, I'll show you how it looks now!

:seeu_lili:Today's Art

Also on Twitter.
I'm hoping to try something like this with the Luka illustration. Not the same style, but about the same level of time and detail put into it, possibly more.
We'll see how it goes.
I do want to do something like this again though! I wonder if there is another artist I could study?

What do you guys think of these, too? Drawing something in a style that's not one's own? I get hesitant sharing something like this since, well, this technically isn't my style, even if I purposely didn't exactly replicate some things. I feel it will help when drawing my own style again. I guess we will see how it goes.
Tetsuya Nomura definitely serves as one of my favorite artists. Something about the style, the way the face is drawn, proportions... It seems cool to me. I wish I had a better way of describing it.
Neku looks cool! Good luck with Luka!

Oh, I like these! I'll have to try it out then!
I actually looked at some of Blender Guru's videos, it has been helpful!
Maybe I'll try it out next week then and show my results here!:kaito_move:
Thanks for recommending!
NP! :)

Here's another track I came across, this one is with GUMI this time!
It's another one of those softer tracks. Funny I tend to recommend heavy works and rather peaceful ones, I think. Not so many in the middle, maybe I should go exploring some more.
into the soundscape
AGLLA feat. GUMI
https://vocadb.net/S/202189
Ooh, this one...that's just cool! Kind of interesting--at least when she speaks English, GUMI isn't really saying anything meaningful, just some sound-related words, but it still sounds cool, and sort of adds to the New Age kind of feel. The visuals gave a nice, mysterious vibe, too--neat how the fish or floating things from the ocean scenes flowed right into the stars of the space scenes. Thanks for sharing!

reactions: RazzyRu

RazzyRu

Designer
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
piapro.jp
February 11. Evening.

Been a little busy today. Working on the Luka illustration, and had a few things to do with work.

So, what's this video I mentioned before?

:kyo_halloween_lili:Corrin Glitch

DA-DA-!

Glitch!
KuriBoo and I discovered a glitch in Super Smash Bros Ultimate recently.
This glitch uses Corrin to use his Dragon Lunge (Side special) into about the upper portion of another character, while this other character is against a wall.
We compiled a video of a lot of footage of this taking place in different stages.
It seems like it can work on all characters, and any stage with a wall like these.
Pretty crazy!

It was fun putting this together, trying to time it with the music. It's more of a compilation of examples, but the glitch can be easy to pull off, just takes a couple times.
But there's quite a handful of footage that didn't make it in! There was definitely a lot! If I put it in, it would be rather long;

:len_rylitah:Today's Art

Simple Cloud sketch

:ia_lili:Today's Song
ジャンクアート
BCNO feat. IA
Not a recent title, but one I've liked and wanted to share. It has a cool rock vibe and a neat use of IA's voice~ The PV is also unique and well done, really creative!
https://vocadb.net/S/192640
See you guys later!

- RazzyRu

reactions: mobius017

RazzyRu

Designer
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
piapro.jp
February 14. Evening.

Hey journal.
It hasn't been the most exciting week. I think my schedule is getting crowded with things.
Well, truth be told, my head must be. I'm sure I have plenty of time, but my mind wants me to think otherwise.
It's caused me to re-prioritize some certain projects. Unfortunate, perhaps, but it may be necessary for the next couple of days.
If you don't know already, one of the things I stress about the most is in fact time! But I'll figure it out eventually I am sure, with prayer and time. So, I am not worried.

I'll update my new plan here.

1. The Magical Mirai song contest entry may be put on hold.
  • I feel I am still a beginner, so it may be best I learn more things as well.
  • I'm not sure if I would prefer my first song being a contest entry. Perhaps I will work on a first original beforehand, to also give practice and to get a better result when doing a contest song.
  • I can always try for the Good Smile Racing song contest as well!
2. The orange model will be put on hold.
  • Boy, I still have a lot to learn about textures, ww
  • I want to learn more about Blender before diving into creating too many things. What I was doing was challenging. So, back to tutorials it is!
3. After some thought, it may be best I go back to trying to create a website.
  • It's something I tried doing before, but unfortunately other projects got in the way at the time.
  • I notice in many scenarios that a site will be beneficial, such as when sharing work for things such as jobs.
On that note, I'm going to advertise my commissions again.
Here it be → RazzyRu Commissions
I need to advertise it more, I think. Thinking about my current situation... It may be necessary I push it more.
I wonder... Are there some things you look for in commissions?

I feel I may need to learn more things. Maybe I will send out another code in the near future.
I offer illustration but also want to offer a more custom-service, but... Maybe that's a bit confusing. I feel that can just be discussed with the customer rather than the way I have it set up. And perhaps it's best that way. The "custom-service" could still feel limiting.
Let's talk instead when figuring out commission!

It's one reason for the website. It will be a great place to host commissions, perhaps?
What I have now is basic. Images, even! Not live text! Bleck!
A website will help it look more welcoming, I think!

But it's certain this Luka artwork is taking longer than expected. I hope I can be quicker in the future, perhaps with enough practice!

I think that's enough for now. Let's see...

:luka_rylitah::kyo_rylitah: Today's Song
着火er
EZFG feat. 巡音ルカ, KYO
Heyyyy a new EZFG song! Dang, this one sounds so cool. I feel EZFG knows how to make unique melodies and a creative use of the vocals. A high recommendation!
https://vocadb.net/S/226313
Well, I better get back to Luka. If I keep at it... Yes, perhaps if I stay strong and focused I can finish sooner than expected. But I will not push myself too much.

Let's finish the week strong then!

- RazzyRu

RazzyRu

Designer
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
piapro.jp
February 17. Afternoon.

Hey Razzberries!
An important notice! I will be taking a break from social media and VocaVerse for a short amount of time.

I suppose this also serves as Today's Art.

If you do need something, you may be able to send a PM or email me.
For now, I will share two songs to make up for the time I may be absent.

:miku_ani_lili: Today's Songs
ビビッドヒーロー
DIVELA feat. 初音ミク
DIVELA has created another cool song with Miku! Check it out! DIVELA's always got some rad tracks!
https://vocadb.net/S/226649
プラシーボ
蜂屋ななし feat. 初音ミク
The sense from this song is pretty epic! I dig the jazz sense. I get curious what the true meaning behind a piece like this is...
https://vocadb.net/S/226199
いってきます!

- RazzyRu

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
1. The Magical Mirai song contest entry may be put on hold.
  • I feel I am still a beginner, so it may be best I learn more things as well.
  • I'm not sure if I would prefer my first song being a contest entry. Perhaps I will work on a first original beforehand, to also give practice and to get a better result when doing a contest song.
  • I can always try for the Good Smile Racing song contest as well!
I sort of feel that way too. It's primarily due to licensing considerations (which I admit I haven't looked into much): it seems like, for some contests, when you submit something for a contest, rights to your submission go to whomever you submitted it to, to a certain extent (probably for purposes of letting them play it, marketing, etc.). I've seen people who didn't win eventually post their submissions on SoundCloud, etc., and it's probably not like the winners get a bad deal--their songs probably get added to the concert CDs. But at the same time, I'd kind of rather have my first belong to me :miku2_move:.

At least if I'm right about all that. It's worth reading the contest fine print if those considerations matter to you.

(Not to say that it wouldn't be tempting, if somehow my first was really good and there was a contest going on at the time.... Winning isn't everything; just doing your best and being part of it is an honor, regardless of if anyone on the other side acknowledges the submission at all.)

An important notice! I will be taking a break from social media and VocaVerse for a short amount of time.
Good luck on whatever you're doing!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)