• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

REAPER is not letting me hear Miku V4X. How can I fix this?

odoreorchestra

New Fan
Jan 19, 2022
Hi! So I just got my Miku V4X Trial today, and I installed REAPER as a DAW to get Piapro Studio to work. I can create notes without issue, but REAPER doesn't let me hear Miku sing. I get the ''Your host plug-in disabled Piapro Studio''-ish message, and the ''play'' option is marked as not available, like this:

And thus it won't let me hear her sing. At all. I don't know how to fix this, so could anyone help me? I kinda need to have this done before next month if possible.

Thank you!

inactive

Passionate Fan
Jun 27, 2019
Unfortunately, I don't believe there many Reaper users on this board. And speaking for myself, I have never used Reaper with Piapro Studio so I probably won't be of any help.

However, because you mention a trial voicebank, perhaps this is your first time with Vocaloid software? If so, please ensure that you have written your notes into the Piapro Studio piano roll, not Reaper. Piapro Studio doesn't read the DAW's piano roll and for the most part only accepts stop/start messages from the host DAW.

And that's probably the limit of the help that I can provide. Sorry.

odoreorchestra

New Fan
Jan 19, 2022
This is my first time using a Vocaloid software, yes! I definitely wrote my notes in the Piapro piano roll so I'm not sure of what went wrong. Is there a more popular DAW used by Piapro Studio users? I could always try Studio One too, only issue is that I can't find the trial but that's probably me not looking hard enough lol.

Thank you for your reply nevertheless!

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
If you’d like, I can send you a trial copy of the V4 editor. I find it easier to use the actual editor than piapro (and it’s a separate application too!)

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Hi! So I just got my Miku V4X Trial today, and I installed REAPER as a DAW to get Piapro Studio to work. I can create notes without issue, but REAPER doesn't let me hear Miku sing. I get the ''Your host plug-in disabled Piapro Studio''-ish message, and the ''play'' option is marked as not available, like this:

And thus it won't let me hear her sing. At all. I don't know how to fix this, so could anyone help me? I kinda need to have this done before next month if possible.

Thank you!
I use REAPER, could you send a screenshot of your DAW as it's currently set up? Can't guarantee I'll be able to help as I haven't used Piapro with it, but if it's a track that's been armed weirdly I might be able to spot the problem! Do you know if Piapro needs recording enabled to work?

IO+

Resonance47
Apr 22, 2021
After i download reaper and try it, i think your issue is that reaper can't communicate with your audio hardware. Check if your audio hardware is still connected and powered up, drivers, reboot the computer etc. or maybe you need to download ASIO driver and install it, if i'm correct you can't even hit play in reaper ?

You can set Audio Device in Preferences though (no hardware require), you may use ASIO4ALL Driver and setting your audio output.
1642708075944.png
(click for big picture)

Or, if you don't have ASIO4ALL install you can also use WASAPI, i test it and it's working good in my case i set output device to my interface because that's where i plug my headphone.
1642708392812.png
(click for big picture)

If it's working properly you should see the output signal on the mark.
cats.jpg
(click for big picture)

Last edited:

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
I've been using Piapro and Reaper since 2016 and there is a glitch where sometimes if you go in and out of reaper a few times it'll say that Piapro is disabled. It'll also do that sometimes if the reaper window is closed while using piapro.

odoreorchestra

New Fan
Jan 19, 2022
Hi everyone! Sorry for the late replies, but thank you for the answers.

I use REAPER, could you send a screenshot of your DAW as it's currently set up? Can't guarantee I'll be able to help as I haven't used Piapro with it, but if it's a track that's been armed weirdly I might be able to spot the problem! Do you know if Piapro needs recording enabled to work?
My DAW currently looks like this! I'm not sure of what you meant with ''currently set up'', but if you need screenshots of any specific menu(s) just let me know
reaper.png

If it's of any help, Piapro Studio looks like this:
oiapro.png

If you’d like, I can send you a trial copy of the V4 editor. I find it easier to use the actual editor than piapro (and it’s a separate application too!)
That would be of great help in case I can't solve this issue, so yes please!

After i download reaper and try it, i think your issue is that reaper can't communicate with your audio hardware. Check if your audio hardware is still connected and powered up, drivers, reboot the computer etc. or maybe you need to download ASIO driver and install it, if i'm correct you can't even hit play in reaper ?

You can set Audio Device in Preferences though (no hardware require), you may use ASIO4ALL Driver and setting your audio output.
View attachment 6052
(click for big picture)

Or, if you don't have ASIO4ALL install you can also use WASAPI, i test it and it's working good in my case i set output device to my interface because that's where i plug my headphone.
View attachment 6053
(click for big picture)

If it's working properly you should see the output signal on the mark.
View attachment 6054
(click for big picture)

I haven't tried this out but I will definitely consider it, thank you!

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Hi everyone! Sorry for the late replies, but thank you for the answers.

My DAW currently looks like this! I'm not sure of what you meant with ''currently set up'', but if you need screenshots of any specific menu(s) just let me know
You could try putting Piapro on a normal track instead of the Master! I suggest doing it specifically by going to Track > 'Insert virtual instrument on new track' in the top bar. Then if it's still not working, try clicking the red button to arm the track, then the speaker icon nearby to turn Record Monitoring on. I don't know exactly what Piapro needs, but these are some steps certain plugins require to work.

Reactions: WyndReed

inactive

Passionate Fan
Jun 27, 2019
Reading the text in your Piapro Studio screenshot, could it be as simple as clicking the plugin checkbox in Reaper? It's checked in your first image, but when you open up Piapro Studio maybe it's getting unchecked?

Also, what lIlI said: try placing it on a regular track, not the master track. Regular tracks can be created either through menus, or by pressing Ctrl+T, or by either double-clicking on an empty space directly to the right of your master fader or double-clicking on the empty space in the left middle-ish area of Reaper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)