• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

REDD's VOCALOID Worldbuilding and Headcanons

REDD

Aspiring Fan
May 19, 2020
Oookay so i have A METRIC TONNE of Vocaloid headcanons and i want a place to put them all and get it all out. (and so someone can look at them if they're interested for whatever reason lol) A lot of this stuff may be subject to change, of which i will (hopefully) make sure to update when necessary. (Also i do wanna make a Vocaloid fangame sometime in the future and i wanna use this stuff as part of the story so this also will act as a place for me to keep track of all my lore and worldbuilding lol.)

(NOTICE: THIS OP WILL BE ADDED TO AND EDITED REGULARLY, A LOT OF THESE DETAILS MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE IN THE FUTURE)

Okay, that's enough exposition. To get started, lemme lay down the foundations for my setting.

Somewhere, deep within the vast cyberspaces of the Internet, lies a virtual domain, Server Kumoshima. This digital floating island is home to the Synths, virtual beings with their own virtual lives. Vocaloids, VSynths, CeVIOs, and many other synthtypes live here, but the vast majority of the population is UTAU. Basically, every single vocal synth character/bank that exists lives on Kumoshima.

Kumoshima City MapV1.png

Server Kumoshima is divided up into 13 districts, each with varying populations, cultures, residents, climates, and landscapes.
A brief profile of each of the 13 districts is provided below, with notable residents.

UTANE DISTRICT (歌音区域)
The downtown region of the city. A highly-dense, futuristic urban metropolitan landscape with flying cars, and towering skyscrapers. This region is home to the central parliament building, as well as the Royal Grounds. This district is home to thousands upon thousands of Synths of different makes and models, and is well-known for its large shopping areas and abundant nightlife. It is the most populated district, as well as the first one to exist.

NOTABLE SUB-REGIONS:

-ROYAL METROPOLIS ZONE (王立中心地区域)
This is the heart of the entirety of the Cloud. Here you'll find the Royal Palace, the Legislature Grounds, the Grand Archive, the Olde Town, and the Vineyards of Bliss. The centre of government resides here, as does the most opulent and influential residents of the Cloud.

-BAY CITY (ベイシティ)
With its long, winding beaches on the edge of the district, and on the warmer side of the area, Bay City is the most famous summer party destination on the Cloud. Music festivals often happen here every summer.

-KINPAKU MALL PREFECTURE (金箔県)
Kinpaku Prefecture is more accurately described as one big, sprawling, complex mall structure than a residential area. Though, Kinpaku Mall Prefecture has many residential spaces for sale/rent, the majority of the space here is commercial businesses and stores. It goes without saying that Kinpaku Mall Prefecture is the largest shopping centre in the Cloud by far.

NOTABLE RESIDENTS:
:leon_lili::lola_lili::miriam_lili::eleanorforte_lili::rion_lili::cul_smile_lili::anon_lili::kanon_lili::chika_lili::cybersongman_lili::cyberdiva_lili::nemu_smile_lili::kohaku_lili::akaza_lili::ken_smile_lili::kaori_lili::chris_lili::amy_lili::satou_sasara_lili::suzuki_tsudumi_lili::takahashi_smile_lili::rikka_smile_lili: :koharurikka_smile_lili::maki_lili: :tsurumaki_lili: :natsuki_karin_lili: :karin_lili:

HIRUNE TOWN (昼音町)
Hirune Town is a modest, yet modern Japanese-style town on the lower-west regions of the Cloud. Known for its sunny climate and low crime rates, Hirune Town makes for a nice place to live. Although its not nearly as boisterous or bustling as the Utane District, Hirune Town still has a fairly sizable population. The park landscapes make for beautiful sightseeing, and the near-tropical beaches and waterfalls outside the residential areas are breathtaking. This town is home to the hero, Hatsune Miku, and her close friends and family.

NOTABLE RESIDENTS:
:miku_lili::rin_smile_lIlI::len_smile_lili::luka_lili::kaito_smile_lili::meiko_lili::gackpo_smile_lili::gumi_lili::kiyoterunatural_lili::yuki_lili::lily_smile_lili::ryuuto_lili::nana_smile_lili::azuki_lili::matcha_smile_lili::akikoloid_lili:, Neru Akita, Yowane Haku, Honne Dell, other Cryptonloid derivatives

YORUNE CITY (夜音町)
On the opposite side of the rocky mountains bordering Hirune Town, is Yorune City. Outside of the Utane District, Yorune City is the third-largest metropolitan region on the Cloud. Much like the downtown district, Yorune City is also known for its abundant nightlife. But unlike downtown, Yorune is known for more glamorous, yet dubious industries. Gambling, nightlife, entertainment, and amusements are the main exports here, and plenty of people from all walks of life live here. Many up and coming musicians/actors/entertainers move here in hopes of making it big in their careers. The region also has a quite sizeable Korean sector.

NOTABLE RESIDENTS:
:yukari_lili::miki_smile_lili::iroha_lili::piko_lili::seeu_lili::ia_lili::mayu_lili::galaco_lili::kyo_smile_lili::wil_lili::yuu_smile_lili::arsloid_smile_lili::rana_lili::flower_smile_lili::akari_lili::sora_lili::uni_lili::mirai_lili::one_smile_lili::kafulili: :kafu_lili::sekai_lili::chisa_lili::akasakiminato_lili::kizakiairi_lili::kinzakikoharu_lili::shirosakiyuudai_lili::midorizakikasumi_lili::ginsakiyamato_lili:

AKANE TOWN (赤音町)
To the east of Hirune Town, and south of the Utane District, is Akane Town. A rival town to Hirune Town, Akane Town is a slightly more urban Japanese-style town. The majority of Akane Town's residents are lower-class UTAUs and miscellaneous synth types. Very unlike Hirune Town, Akane Town is the Cloud's crime capital. Home to society's "less-conventional" types, Akane Town is home to a WILDLY varying range of citizens. While many good-natured people live here (like the Momone family), many NOT good-natured people live here, like the infamous gang, the ViPPERLOIDS.

NOTABLE RESIDENTS:
:teto_smile_lili::utaneuta_smile_lili::sukonetei_smile_lili::namineritsu_lili::yokuneruko_lili::sekkayufu_smile_lili::matsudappoiyo_lili::nenenene_lili:(insert basically all VIPPERloids and popular/weird UTAUs here)

HAGANE DISTRICT (鋼区域)
At the bottom of the Cloud, and south of Akane Town, lies the Hagane District.
The Hagane District is the Cloud's main industrial/research area. The district is mostly comprised of factories, power plants, refineries, industrial complexes, and top-secret government research facilities. Seeing as this part of the city is mostly industrial, the only residents that live here do so for work-related reasons.

NOTABLE RESIDENTS:
Adachi Rei, :fukase_lili::charlie_lili:, lots of scientist-type characters, Zatsune Miku

KOGANE CITY (黄金町)
To the east of the Utane District, and north of Akane, Kogane City is the Cloud's second-largest metropolitan region, and the Cloud's most fastest-growing one, both in terms of population, AND economy. This region has a strong Chinese influence, and the vast majority of residents here are Chinese. Thanks to Luo Tianyi and her friends, Kogane City has grown from a small, close knit town to a booming, bustling city.

NOTABLE RESIDENTS:
:tianyi_lili::yanhe_lili::xinhua_smile_lili::ling_lili::stardust_smile_lili: :xingchen_smile_lili::longya_lili::moke_smile_lili::qingxian_lili::xiayuyao_lili::aiko_lili:(insert basically every Chinese synth here)

TAIYONE TOWN (太陽音町)
To the north of Kogane City, is Taiyone Town, a place with a very hot desert-ish climate. Slightly a higher population than Hirune Town, Taiyone Town is a VERY diverse sector with an abundance of different peoples residing in it. The place has strong Latin, Spanish, Indigenous, and Middle Eastern influences, though each of these groups tend to stay within their respective areas, the only exception being the capital prefecture. Taiyone Town is more of a cultural salad than a cultural melting-pot for this reason.

NOTABLE RESIDENTS:
:bruno_lili::clara_lili::maika_lili:

AOZORA ISLANDS (青空諸島)
Just above the Utane District, and west of Taiyone Town, are a group of islands known as the Aozora Islands. A tropical paradise, the Aozora Islands are both a perfect vacation destination, and home to many friendly, hospitable residents. Some islands are owned by more affluent people, while others are home to all different types of people, Though, legend has it, that many mythical creatures of legend can be seen here, if you go into the tropical jungles and listen for their song...

NOTABLE RESIDENTS:
:lapis_smile_lili::merli_lili::lumi_lili::una_lili::haiyi_lili:

NISHINE CITY (西音町)
Just above Hirune Town lies Nishine Town, an American-style urban city thats sliiightly bigger than Akane Town. As you probably guessed, this sector of the city has strong overseas/Western influence, and many Western-made synths live here. The east of the zone has more metropolitan American influence, with more European sectors in the west of the zone. Though Nishine is the smallest of the city-districts, and just barely bigger than a town-district, this place is known for having a very tight-knit community that have been growing steadily for years.

NOTABLE RESIDENTS:

:prima_lili::sonika_lili::sweetann_lili::bigal_smile_lili::tonio_lili::oliver_lili::yohioloid_smile_lili::avanna_lili::ruby_smile_lili::dex_lili::daina_lili::alys_lili::leora_lili_smile::kevin_lili::ryo_lili::qingsu_lili::saki_lili::anri_lili::solaria_lili::bones_lili::marie_ork_lili:

MOCHI VALLEY (餅谷)
The Mochi Valley is a large, sprawling prairie land just above Nishine City. It's a sparsely-populated zone, and most of the land is used for agriculture, which happens to be the main industry here. However, thats not to say people don't live here! Past the farmlands, you'll find a few traditional-Japanese style villages with friendly and hospitable people! If you go into a store anywhere else in the Cloud, and find nice produce there, chances are it was grown in the Mochi Valley!

NOTABLE RESIDENTS:
:vy2_lili::vy1_lili::zunko_smile_lili: :tohukozunko_smile_lili::kiritan_lili: :tohukokiritan_lili::genbu_smile_lili::tsuina_lili: :tsuinachan_lili::cangqiong_lili::sachiko_lili:

NOTE: These next three zones are not as well developed, and may be subject to drastic change, or may be retconned altogether.

HAKUSHOKU NATIONAL PARK (白色国立公園)
Hakushoku Park is a protected national park territory. Though it's a popular tourist location, it's not very populated, save for a few tourist towns. The only people that live here work in the aforementioned tourist towns. Beautiful forests and mountains and lakes can be found here as well as some very colourful wildlife.

HOSHINE TOWN (星音街)
Hoshine Town is a cold, tundra-like zone with smaller towns residing in it. It has a very cold, arctic-like climate, and it's said that its one of the few places on the Cloud where you can see the northern lights.

HAKEI MOUNTAINS (波形山)
One of the smallest territories on the Cloud, and the most sparsely populated, the Hakei Mountain Territory is a protected natural zone. Not that many people live here except for a few nomadic villages, and people who work in the mines. It is home to Mount Kyoshin, the tallest mountain in Kumoshima City.

So that's what I've got in terms of worldbuilding so far! If you've read this far, I really appreciate it! If you want, feel free to ask me anything about my headcanons, the worldbuilding, or any characters! ALL vocalsynths live here, and i have A LOT of headcanons, so if you ask me about your favourite character, chances are I have a pretty good amount of stuff about them swirling around in my head somewhere :) Any feedback/criticism would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading this far! I'll probably start adding character bios and adding more to the location spoilers soon :)

Reactions: PearlStarLight5

REDD

Aspiring Fan
May 19, 2020
Wait...it's called Utane District and Utane Uta doesn't live there?
Yeah.. that did cross my mind, but i named the different Zones with the "ne" suffix, or some other music/sound related name, and considering the Utane district is essentially the capital of the whole city, i figured "uta"(sing) -ne would be an appropriate name for it. But then I remembered what Defoko's actual name was and secretly hoped no one would notice ;_;

Eh, I was going to revamp some of the zone names anyways lol
Thanks for your feedback!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)