• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Feedback Should we add emojis?

Should we add this set of emojis?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paradoxical

Linguistics Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 7, 2018
Canada
Hey everyone. Admins have been debating over whether we should add emojis into the forum or not. We have decided the best way to settle this is to ask for the community's opinion.

Examples:

This may not be the exact set we add in.

Custom Vocaloid sprites by Chickadee and Lili (and others) will still continue to be added, regardless of the decision.

If emojis are added, our no spamming rule will still apply, and posts that consist of purely emojis will be considered as not adding to the conversation.

Last edited:

razelberii

Bless the Lord, O my Soul
Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
In my thoughts, I feel these emojis are basic. It doesn't make the forum as unique as using the custom Vocaloid sprites. Now, one idea is making Vocaloid-like emojis, as in Vocaloid(s) making different faces and expressions instead of a simple, yellow face emoji.

The problem is that may be a lot to do. If that was the idea to go, a list might be good to make.

These are only my thoughts.

I do enjoy these so far and look forward to seeing more:miku_chickadee::gumi_lili::kaito_move:

EDIT: Gah, I didn't see the poll; I hope you do not mind me sharing my thoughts. I have casted my vote.

Last edited:

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
I am planning to give my sprites different expressions so they can also serve as little emojis. However, these will be added gradually. If members would like a wide range of images quickly, default emojis are something to consider.

Reactions: razelberii

Bascetta

One who does Administering
Mar 7, 2018
In my thoughts, I feel these emojis are basic. It doesn't make the forum as unique as using the custom Vocaloid sprites. Now, one idea is making Vocaloid-like emojis, as in Vocaloid(s) making different faces and expressions instead of a simple, yellow face emoji.

The problem is that may be a lot to do. If that was the idea to go, a list should be set on to make.

These are only my thoughts.

I do enjoy these so far and look forward to seeing more:miku_chickadee::gumi_lili::kaito_move:

EDIT: Gah, I didn't see the poll; I hope you do not mind me sharing my thoughts. I have casted my vote.
We're happy to hear everyone's thoughts on this!

Different expressions are being worked on with our current sets, it'll just take time to get them done! But we plan on releasing each as they become available.

Unagi

Passionate Fan
Apr 9, 2018
California, U.S.A
They look really cute, and I hope that we can possibly get some seasonal ones to use around the forums! It would be cute to see an emote of Miku wearing a christmas hat with a candy cane in her mouth, or Gumi in a bunny suit chomping on her carrots!

Reactions: lIlI

YunīC

Stan Yuezheng Longya
Apr 8, 2018
Personally? I don't like that Idea
Yes, it might be useful but I feel it's kinda bland

(Then again I am a mobile user and spoiled by always being able to use emojis ?)

Unagi

Passionate Fan
Apr 9, 2018
California, U.S.A
I don't see why not to add emojis. Maybe they would be cute to use if you were posting a tutorial or on your profile and wanted to break text apart. n_n

I feel like making sprites takes a lot of work and trucking them out one after another, especially similar ones, can burn out an artist fast. Don't let people try to rush them or try to get their way on how they turn out. S: (I used to do animated sprites for commission, people got really entitled and aggressive about me wanting breaks from it or not liking the colors I picked.)
I agree. Art takes time, as with a lot of work. And I don't expect them to be pushed out anytime soon. All of this is just for fun- things happen in their own time. It would be nice to see what people make for emotes, though!

Also I think people should take breaks when needed, especially when they work so hard! They really deserve it, especially if they're providing that service for free.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Vocaloid emojis would be cool, but I imagine it would take a long time for them to be made (sprite artists have real lives too!), so I wouldn't mind using normal emojis.

Reactions: Unagi

Pomelo

In 2D hell
Apr 8, 2018
Hell yeah. I'm an emotive person.

With that said, I also love the sprites we have right now! Kudos to the artists! :kaito_move: (I really love this one especially)

Reactions: Move->Forward

Paradoxical

Linguistics Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 7, 2018
Canada
Hey guys, sorry I haven't responded here in a bit. As you can see, the overall winner was "Yes." However, responses in the thread were still rather mixed, so we decided to do a compromise. Emojis will be added in, but it will be a smaller set than what we originally posted a picture of. You can expect to see them soon!

Reactions: Pomelo

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hey guys, sorry I haven't responded here in a bit. As you can see, the overall winner was "Yes." However, responses in the thread were still rather mixed, so we decided to do a compromise. Emojis will be added in, but it will be a smaller set than what we originally posted a picture of. You can expect to see them soon!
Sounds like a plan. Some of the emojis in the screenshot seem somewhat less useful to me since they don't convey an actual emotion, IMO. I'd rather see a more tightly-focused set of standard emojis, along with our own Vocaloid ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)