• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Snow Miku Thread

What is your favorite Snow Miku design?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 3.8%

Votes: 3 11.5%

Votes: 4 15.4%

Votes: 3 11.5%

Votes: 11 42.3%

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Who is Snow Miku?
Snow Miku was created for a snow festival in Hokkaido, in which she has been seen every year since 2010.
(Pictured: the designs of all Snow Mikus from 2010 to 2017)
How do they choose the designs?
Designs are entered in a contest on Piapro. Each contest has a specific theme: 2017's theme was "Night sky," 2018's theme was "animals," etc. The contest is usually open for about a month, at which Crypton hand-picks 6 entries to be the finalists. Fans vote for one of the finalists, and the winner gets a Nendoroid and a full scale figurine, an original song and music video, and a spot in the Hokkaido Winter Festival.

Who's the rabbit?
The rabbit is Yukine, and was chosen to be Miku's pet. It is based off of a species of rabbit native to Hokkaido and has no official gender.

Where's Snow Miku 2018?
Right here!

Any news about the contest?

Yes! The Snow Miku 2019 contest started in March, and was open for submission until April 20th, Japan time. The contests have to be started early in order to make time for choosing the finalists, voting, and making the illustrations and merchandise. The theme for this contest is "Princess."

The finalists for Snow Miku 2019:

You can vote for your favorite 2019 finalist here!

I think that's just about it for questions! Have any Snow Miku designs you want to talk about? Got any merch to show off? Post about it here!

Last edited:

Unagi

Passionate Fan
Apr 9, 2018
California, U.S.A
I'm really excited for Yuki Miku 2019.

2018 has an amazing design; certainly my second favorite next to 2015!

Here are some entries for this year that I really enjoy (favourites in no particular order):

1) 花梔さん
2) ユウスケくん@お仕事募集中さん
3) TUQIさん
4) 星点HOXIさん

IMG_7516.JPGIMG_7517.JPGIMG_7518.JPG
IMG_7519.JPG

These are only a few! Maybe I'll share some more interesting ones here!

I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE FOR NOT PUTTING LINKS TO THESE IMAGES. A FRIEND SENT A BUNCH AND I CHOSE MT FAVORITES OUT OF ALL OF THEM. NOBODY POINTED OUT MY MISTAKE, BUT I WOULD LIKE TO CORRECT MYSELF. I hope the names of the people who made them will suffice- the order of the names are corresponding to the images listed! Sorry again for the inconvenience!

Last edited:
Reactions: RabbitWhale39

Pomelo

In 2D hell
Apr 8, 2018
Tbh these always end up disappointing me because they tend to pick the designs I like least out of the finalists, lol. The only designs I really like are the 'fluffy coat' ver. (which I think was 2012 or 2013?) and last year's.

Hoshi

VNN Mom™
Mar 6, 2018
Tbh these always end up disappointing me because they tend to pick the designs I like least out of the finalists, lol. The only designs I really like are the 'fluffy coat' ver. (which I think was 2012 or 2013?) and last year's.
I feel like the designs have definitely gone up and down through the years. Not a huge fan of 2018's winner at all but I still pre-ordered the nendo to uphold the long standing tradition. x'D 2017 was cute but 2016 and 2015 were so-so. 2014 was a nice design and the addition of Yukine was a nice touch that year. xD

2013 was the Strawberry Kimono ver. which is my absolute favorite. 2012 is Fluffy Coat and that's my second favorite. x'DDDD

All I have to say is 2019 has a lot of potential and they better not dissapoint me again. QAQ

Reactions: TheStarPalace

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Hello everyone! Now that the Snow Miku 2019 contest is winding down, how does everyone like the theme/entries so far?

The most popular one right now is Late Winter Miku by kakami_666. Though, my personal favorite is this one by Shiinaai.

Move->Forward

🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹
Mar 25, 2018
This year's Snow Miku designs to vote from:
Screenshot_20180510-062420.jpg
Rather impressed with #3's piano integration at the bottom of the dress.
#1's Yukine is super cute!

I'm not sure which of these 6 I will vote for right now.

Reactions: TheStarPalace

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
I'm definitely drawn to #2 and I really hope it would win. I'd definitely buy that Snow Miku if it won. It's just so cute and girly and totally my style. The others are quite nice too, though I'm not sure I'd like a nendo in a long dress, and I'm not sure how easy posing those would be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)