• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Song that made you love certain vocaloid?

___

Oct 8, 2019
Title speaks for itself! It can be a loid you hated previously or just didnt pay much attention to but now love thanks to a certain song!

I mentioned it before but this song made me love Iroha, previously I didn't pay attention to her but now she's a huge favorite of mine.

I'm interested in what you have to say!

Sep 21, 2019
Triple Baka is responsible for making me love Miku, Teto, and Vocaloid as a whole. (I originally watched a reprint of an edited version of Lamaze's original full version. It was just so fun and adorable!!)

Declare War on All Vocaloid is responsible for turning me into the Tei stan I am today. I really hated her before I discovered this song, but this song changed my perspective on her because it portrayed her in an interesting way, I guess? I'm a sucker for cool, power mad villains.

Reactions: Leon and ___

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
This gem was what kickstarted my stanning of Haiyi.

Going back further, I liked Kaito's character but wasn't a massive fan of his voice when I first got into the Vocaloid fandom, but this song was what convinced me his voice is beautiful in the right hands, an idea that was solidified when Jogen no Tsuki came out years later. (I'm actually working on a V3 cover, but it's a slow process.)

Then this song made me fall in love with Cyber Songman and overall got me interested in English vocalsynths, when before then I was invested almost exclusively in Japanese synths. I will always regret not getting his V4...

EDIT: I also found this while scrolling through my YouTube likes! Xin Hua was my favorite Chinese vocalsynth (tied with Xingchen, actually) prior to discovering Haiyi, and this song was what made me fall in love with her.

Last edited:

sunsun-o

Add sunthing ー☆
Jan 22, 2020
For me it happened with three vocaloids: Iroha(lol), Mayu and IA.

For Iroha, I discovered her thanks to a cover with MAIKA (I think). It was a cover of Pink Diva and I simply adored that cover. One day I accidentally pressed, on youtube, Iroha's version instead of MAIKA's and I felt so impressed, that I went on and started to look for more of her songs. Later that day I discovered Shooting Star, and honestly, that was the song that sold Iroha to me :iroha_lili:

With Mayu, I thought her design was meh, pretty lolita goth generic. The only thing that interested me was her yandere persona. I don't remeber when or how, I just remember that one day I went to youtube and started to listen some of her songs. I feel in love with Ellie and An Earnest Unrequited Love, Waiting to Make It Bear a Little Happiness (what a long ass title) and that was it honestly. My Mayu phase it's over, so I kind of only remember those songs.

About IA, I always thought she was soooo overrated, I honestly couldn't stand her, never understood her appeal at all. So two years ago I listened Six Trillion Years and a Overnight, and well I loved the song, I'm still unimpressed by her voice, but the song kinda of made me more tolerable to her stuff, so yay?
Kinda of a boring tale lol, but it helped me understand why people like her so much.

Overcast Immortal

Budding producer
Dec 4, 2018
USA
www.youtube.com
I have a few recent examples for Big Al and Len. I used to just hate both of them, but I gave them another shot and found that they can actually sound good to me, enough for me to kind of want to use them myself. Unfortunately Big Al is Windows-only, while I compose on Mac.

For Big Al, I heard the song "Rinse, Repeat", which is one of the demo songs made for Cyber Songman. Not a big fan of the song, but Big Al was made to sound really good here.

For Len, there is this heavy metal song "Killing Fields". I pretty much instantly went from a Len hater to a Len fan, and I've since been considering getting Rin and Len.

___

Oct 8, 2019
About IA, I always thought she was soooo overrated, I honestly couldn't stand her, never understood her appeal at all. So two years ago I listened Six Trillion Years and a Overnight, and well I loved the song, I'm still unimpressed by her voice, but the song kinda of made me more tolerable to her stuff, so yay?
Kinda of a boring tale lol, but it helped me understand why people like her so much.
I feel the same about IA, I find her very underwhelming but I agree its always nice to find out what people see in a certain loid that makes them like it :kaito_move:

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I feel the same about IA, I find her very underwhelming but I agree its always nice to find out what people see in a certain loid that makes them like it :kaito_move:
I felt the exact same about IA until I heard this song. She's still not my favorite by any means (and I wouldn't have actually got her if she hadn't been on sale for $50, case and all), but this song showed me what could be done with her voice.

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
I used to have a bad view of yohioloid. I got into vocaloid around a time he was semi popular kinda, so I heard songs with him through osmosis and he's grown on me over time. I also used to listen to akiglancy and she promoted him quite a bit back then.

After thinking, I realized I didn't like him because he wasn't within the voice type niche I liked when I was a newer voice synth fan(eg. strong high pitched and powerful). After songman was released I changed my mind about that though.

These are some of my favorite hio songs I found

Reactions: peaches2217

___

Oct 8, 2019
I felt the exact same about IA until I heard this song. She's still not my favorite by any means (and I wouldn't have actually got her if she hadn't been on sale for $50, case and all), but this song showed me what could be done with her voice.
IA is a pretty good and capable vocaloid I agree! And this is objectively a very good usage of her but I guess IA's voice just doesn't click with me :kyo_lili: as in her vocie is pretty but there are tons of vocaloids I would always prefer in her place, no hate tho, she's still nice to listen to.

I used to have a bad view of yohioloid. I got into vocaloid around a time he was semi popular kinda, so I heard songs with him through osmosis and he's grown on me over time. I also used to listen to akiglancy and she promoted him quite a bit back then.

After thinking, I realized I didn't like him because he wasn't within the voice type niche I liked when I was a newer voice synth fan(eg. strong high pitched and powerful). After songman was released I changed my mind about that though.

These are some of my favorite hio songs I found
I always like me some well tuned Hio! Thanks for sharing!

Overcast Immortal

Budding producer
Dec 4, 2018
USA
www.youtube.com
This heavy metal song made me like Lily. Before, I thought Lily was just another generic Japanese Vocaloid. However, I find she can sing exceptionally beautifully and sounds very distinct despite her voice type being so common among Japanese Vocaloids.

She also sings well in her low range, but by the time I discovered that, I was already a fan of Lily. It's a bummer she won't work on Mac without Cubase, but I'm already pretty lucky with many of my favorite Vocaloids working on Mac, so it's not a huge deal.

Reactions: ___ and peaches2217

___

Oct 8, 2019
This heavy metal song made me like Lily. Before, I thought Lily was just another generic Japanese Vocaloid. However, I find she can sing exceptionally beautifully and sounds very distinct despite her voice type being so common among Japanese Vocaloids.

She also sings well in her low range, but by the time I discovered that, I was already a fan of Lily. It's a bummer she won't work on Mac without Cubase, but I'm already pretty lucky with many of my favorite Vocaloids working on Mac, so it's not a huge deal.
Sameeee, I also thought she was very generic but started to like her more as of lately! I can't pinpoint it to certain song tho.

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
So this is a really silly story, but when I first was introduced to Vocaloid through a friend, he was pretty petty and I hung on his every word (I was like 9 okay) and he told me to "stay away from that blue one" and so naturally I assumed Kaito was a creep and a pervert in every song or something. But when I actually listened to him on my own, I found he wasn't bad at all. The first song I heard was his cover of Imitator, which I liked. But then I heard Waiting in Earth, and that really sealed the deal, as a kid that was both into robots and bittersweet stories. Even with the broken English of some of the translation subtitles, I was a goner and a huge Kaito stan for years afterwards, before I became the Engloid stan I am today. I still love Kaito tho, made sure to get his V1 before V3 and everything :P

• Haha
Reactions: peaches2217 and ___

sunsun-o

Add sunthing ー☆
Jan 22, 2020
So this is a really silly story, but when I first was introduced to Vocaloid through a friend, he was pretty petty and I hung on his every word (I was like 9 okay) and he told me to "stay away from that blue one" and so naturally I assumed Kaito was a creep and a pervert in every song or something.
Oh yeah, something similar happened to me too lol.

I had a friend who made me promise to her that I would never listen to any Teto song. It was kind of "she's """"my"""" vocaloid, so please don't listen to her stuff" (yeas, we would refer to Teto as a vocaloid sksk). When I lost contact with her recently, I started to listen to Teto. She's really nice! I adore her, but I really feel like she lacks original songs idk.:teto_lili:

(also poor KAITO, people either treat him like a dumbass or a creep. Poor dude can't catch a break :kaito_lili:)

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Oh yeah, something similar happened to me too lol.

I had a friend who made me promise to her that I would never listen to any Teto song. It was kind of "she's """"my"""" vocaloid, so please don't listen to her stuff" (yeas, we would refer to Teto as a vocaloid sksk). When I lost contact with her recently, I started to listen to Teto. She's really nice! I adore her, but I really feel like she lacks original songs idk.:teto_lili:

(also poor KAITO, people either treat him like a dumbass or a creep. Poor dude can't catch a break :kaito_lili:)
Wow, crazy to see someone in a similar situation!! Sometimes people can be so weird LOL

sunsun-o

Add sunthing ー☆
Jan 22, 2020
I know some lovely Teto originals let me know if youd like me to show you some :mirai_ani_lili:

also from now on Im the only one allowed to listen to Una :una_rylitah: this isnt up to further discussion /sarcasm
Oooo please share. I've been needing some new tunes from that beautiful robotic voice.

From today onwards, I am legally the owner of every copy of Meika Hime and Mikoto. If you have any copy of their voicebanks, DM me immediately, so you can send them to me. This is not a joke, my mom works at Crypton, if you don't follow this agreement, she will take alway all your other voicebanks :mad::mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)