• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Speed Miku ft. Hatsune Miku

Vector

Passionate Fan
Mar 6, 2022

Spotify, Apple Music, etc: VectorP - Speed Miku

Here we go...first original song release! I wrote this about a year and a half ago, and it was my first foray into anything musical. It was my first time trying to write lyrics, and I figured out how to use a DAW and read up on basic music theory as I went.

I think I've definitely improved since then with my remixes and newer originals (releases pending) but it's great to finally get this out there.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: mobius017

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
Finally got the chance to listen! It's so hard to work up the confidence to publish anything, so I'm really happy for you.

I do like the eurobeat-y synth. Looking forward to the new stuff

Reactions: Vector

Vector

Passionate Fan
Mar 6, 2022
Thanks. I was getting a little nervous in the days leading up to it. Then I misremembered the time and found a few dozen plays were already there. 😃

It took a surprising amount of research and time to figure out the synth lead lol. I ended up layering a a more percussive patch for one VST with extra detuned saws in Vital, if I remember correctly. I think back then, before DAWs, they were actually playing the saw leads out at half speed on one keyboard or another and then speeding them up on tape. I suspect that alters a lot of the character. It would be a fun exercise to revisit sometime...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)