• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Status of INVAXION and ZING

SuzakuSpectacled

Sourin and Ryuusei Luvr
May 6, 2022
So I was trying to track down ZING and what happened to her and this is what I found.

Just a refresher, ZING was the mascot of a rhythm game called ZYON/ZiON (developed by Aquatrax) who was announced to be receiving a VOCALOID4 voicebank capable of singing in Japanese, English and Chinese who was supposed to be developed by EXIT TUNES (the same company who developed MAYU) and release around Spring 2018.
1654088118866.png
Getting ExitTunes out of the way, their current website has no mention of ZING. (or MAYU as well for that matter)

For Aquatrax, ZYON's servers shut down around February 2020 but they had been working on another game called INVAXION, which is like a spiritual sequel to ZYON that takes place in the same universe since December 2018. (Apparently ZYON was supposed to have a direct sequel called NOYZ around 2017 featuring another mascot from Aquatrax but that didn't end up happening). Zing (as well as some other characters from ZYON) appeared on it as well as new characters. It was consistently being updated with new content until April 2020.

Last twitter post from both INVAXION and ZYON twitter accounts was Feb 2020, last tweet from ZING's own account is from 2017. Aquatrax's last weibo post was September 2020, which was about game-testing, while INVAXION's last weibo post is March 2021, announcing the closure of the game's servers.
1, March 5, 2021, 11:00, Steam platform to close the game purchase entrance (because the Steam platform game operation needs to contact the official, so this time may have some deviation).
2. April 7, 2021, 11:00, officially stop the game operation, close the game server, the follow-up can only be offline mode.
3. June 30, 2021, 11:00, the game official website offline.
4. June 30, 2021, 11:00, stop online customer service.
5、At 11:00 on June 30, 2021, the game community and official SNS account will be closed.

Funnily enough, the steam page is still up, and the SNS accounts (Twitter, Weibo, Facebook) are all still open. The Biligame site is still up as well. You can no longer buy or download the game.

Aquatrax's website (http://aquatrax.net/) also redirects to some person's weibo post about VPN now???

However if you check Aquatrax's steam page, they apparently worked on the PC and Switch enhanced port of Wonder Parade, Checking on Wonder Parade's twitter, they recently retweeted this (March 2022):
Something probably happened to Aquatrax and they weren't able to finish their work with Wonder Parade or continue updating Invaxion.

Status of ZING as a Vocaloid? My guess is Aquatrax probably doesn't exist anymore and ZING as a Vocaloid is dead. 😞

SuzakuSpectacled

Sourin and Ryuusei Luvr
May 6, 2022
Did Zing have any voice-acting in any of the games?
AFAIK from the clips I've watched of both ZYON and INVAXION, ZING did not have any voice acting. Startup-screens, song selection, cheers when a skill activates, or in the results screen, ZING (and the other variants of ZING like Small ZING, ZING-233, Isabelle and Ashbel (the two protags who look a lot like ZING)) do not have voice acting. There are no credited CVs from both the character selection screen of INVAXION and the website.

There are songs made for ZYON and INVAXION that feature Aquatrax's original characters like ZING as album covers, but I haven't been able to go through them to check if they a) have vocals b) are intended to represent the character's voice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)