• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Studio One Thread

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Welcome to the Studio One Thread!

studi.png

Studio One product page
Get Studio One
Studio ONe add-ons
Register Studio One

What is Studio One?

Studio One is a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) created by PreSonus. It is a software used to produce, record, and mix/master music. it is available for both Windows/PC and MacOS systems. Currently, the latest version is Studio One 3.

With Vocaloid

Studio One is bundled with most Crypton Future Media Vocaloid3 and Vocaloid4 products. These products. The edition included is a special OEM Piapro Studio Edition of the Studio One Artist package. The only products to not include Studio One are Kagamine Rin/Len V4 English, Hatsune Miku V4 Chinese, Hatsune Miku V3 Light, and Hatsune Miku V3 Vivid. Hatsune Miku V4 English also has the option of being purchased without the software bundled for a cheaper price. The Vocaloid3 products will include Studio One 2 while the Vocaloid3 products will include Studio One 3.

Editions of Studio One
Price: Free
A free version of Studio One including more limited features than other editions. Good for those who want to try out Studio One before buying.
Price: $99.95 USD or included as a software bundle
A cheaper version of Studio One with the basic features. It is included as a bundle with different hardware and other software. Some features not included include third part VST support; however, one may buy different add-ons to get features they want without upgrading.
Price: $399.95 USD
The complete version of the software, including all features and native VSTs.

WintermintP

Lead Guitar, One Minute Winter
Great! Now can someone tell me why this thing crashes all the time? ESPECIALLY ON A NEW MACHINE?!

Also a problem, there are these cases where I hear no sound when I'm outside Studio One even though I have "Release audio device in background" enabled and I have exclusive control mode disabled. Sometimes the audio would come out grainy and cutting in and out.

WintermintP

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Presonus is giving away 4 free plugins for Fat Channel -- 2 for EQs and 2 for Compressors. "Compatible with Studio One Artist and Professional (Versions 3.5.6 and higher)" They have them for Windows and for Mac.
Don't know when they will last, so if you want to get them you should get them before they disappear!

I got them all, but now I'm trying to figure out how to get them into Studio One so I can try them out... (>_>;)

Source of where I got this INFO: My email from their newsletter.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
@GreenFantasy64 Ooh, thank you for the info!

To help you out, the way I've known to get them in is open Studio One and on the tabs go to Studio One > Activate Purchased Items... That should get anything by PreSonus into Studio One

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

GreenFantasy64

Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Well, it turns out I didn't have the "Universal Control v2.6 or later" so I got the v2.7 one, but now it says that "Fat Channel Collection Volume 1 is not compatible with Studio One!" _(: 3 」∠)_

WintermintP

Wait, I know what those are, they're just Fat Channel versions of the Channel Strip Collection that came with Studio One as a Black Friday deal back in the day. So scummy of them to force me to pay full price just to get those plugins for free only to find out they're being rebranded and given away for free...

WintermintP

GreenFantasy64

Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Wait, I know what those are, they're just Fat Channel versions of the Channel Strip Collection that came with Studio One as a Black Friday deal back in the day. So scummy of them to force me to pay full price just to get those plugins for free only to find out they're being rebranded and given away for free...

WintermintP
EDIT: Ouch. :arsloid_lili:

Also, do you use the Fat Channel/Channel Strip Collection then, Winter? Are they okay to use or nothing special?

Last edited:
I'm looking for the most beautiful piano in Studio One Artist. Actually, I just need a sound that is similar to the piano solos of these songs:

You can tell me any instruments, settings, adjustments and filters to achieve this sound. So far, I like the Stage Piano from Presence with some filters but I'm still not satisfied.
BTW, I like to play the higher notes, so you don't need to pay attention if the low notes sound bad.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I'm looking for the most beautiful piano in Studio One Artist. Actually, I just need a sound that is similar to the piano solos of these songs:

You can tell me any instruments, settings, adjustments and filters to achieve this sound. So far, I like the Stage Piano from Presence with some filters but I'm still not satisfied.
BTW, I like to play the higher notes, so you don't need to pay attention if the low notes sound bad.
I assume you are using the Piapro Edition, yes? For pianos, I use Grand Presence. If I want a bug, high quality sound though, I usd e the Studio One Piano. I have yet to know where it is in "Instruments", so I usually find it from "Files" > Studio One Piano > Studio One Grand (or something like that). If you never downloaded that, go to your My Presonus and get it.

WintermintP

EDIT: Ouch. :arsloid_lili:

Also, do you use the Fat Channel/Channel Strip Collection then, Winter? Are they okay to use or nothing special?
Oh, sorry I didn't see that you had a question.

I've used the Channel Strip Collection plugins a couple times, and, I hate to break it to you, but they suck. You get much more bang for your buck out of JST plugins instead.

@ZAR-PARTY The only good thing that StudioOne has going on is the base DAW and Melodyne (which still needs upgrade). Everything else just plain sucks. That includes the stock plugins and instruments. I think you can get an NI piano library for a decent price and then use the free Kontakt player to use it with...

If you can get the right plugins and instruments from elsewhere, StudioOne can work wonders. Otherwise, you might as well get FL Studio instead. Even Ampire is not that great aside from the Wah pedal which you still have to automate.

WintermintP

Last edited:

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Purchasing anything is not an option for me ATM. I will try the Grand Piano.
Ah, my wording was minda wrong. You don't need to purchase it, the Studio One Grand comes with the Piapro edition of Studio One, you have to download it similar to having to download from My Presonus > My Products > Studio One 3 OEM. The file itself is called Studio One Piano I believe and the download is right under where you download Studio One, there should be other stuff there as well (like the loops, Impact presets, Instruments Vol 1/2). I was just referring to if you hadn't downloaded it yet, but it IS free with the Piapro edition.

Other than that one, which is my go-to, I use Grand Presence sometimes. That one is also good, but the Studio One Piano I mentioned above is the best and most realistic/natural sounding piano option

Ah, my wording was minda wrong. You don't need to purchase it, the Studio One Grand comes with the Piapro edition of Studio One, you have to download it similar to having to download from My Presonus > My Products > Studio One 3 OEM. The file itself is called Studio One Piano I believe and the download is right under where you download Studio One, there should be other stuff there as well (like the loops, Impact presets, Instruments Vol 1/2). I was just referring to if you hadn't downloaded it yet, but it IS free with the Piapro edition.

Other than that one, which is my go-to, I use Grand Presence sometimes. That one is also good, but the Studio One Piano I mentioned above is the best and most realistic/natural sounding piano option
I actually meant @WintermintP since he suggested me things outside of Studio One. And I actually would use a lot of things if I had the money for it.
Yes, I probably have all the things that came with Piapro Edition installed.

As an alternative, I also have a Yamaha PSR-140 but it doesn't seem to have that sweet sound.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Currently experimenting with Grand Piano and filters.

Does anyone know a Studio One instrument that makes lullaby sounds? Something like this would be nice:
Not in a place where I can listen to your example right now, but try the Celeste under Percussion. Those are my favorite to use. There's also one specifically called Music Box, but it doesn't sound as good to me

WintermintP

Currently experimenting with Grand Piano and filters.

Does anyone know a Studio One instrument that makes lullaby sounds? Something like this would be nice:
I think there's a free instrument that allows you to make those sounds actually. I'm a little hesitant on getting it because it's 32-bit, but you could try that. Try looking up "VST music box free" and it might come up.

WintermintP

GreenFantasy64

Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Not in a place where I can listen to your example right now, but try the Celeste under Percussion. Those are my favorite to use. There's also one specifically called Music Box, but it doesn't sound as good to me
Adding to this, Celeste sounds good around C4 area, but can't go beyond D5. But it's better than the Music Box which is a shame in the end. (I love Music boxes, so I wasn't satisfied on how it really didn't sound like one)

I think there's a free instrument that allows you to make those sounds actually. I'm a little hesitant on getting it because it's 32-bit, but you could try that. Try looking up "VST music box free" and it might come up.

WintermintP
(Some free VST of music boxes)

This might break your heart, Zar, but these music boxes that I'm going to talk about is all in 32-bits, and I have them for the FL Studio trail version... Since I don't know how to put them in Studio One if you do have a 32-bit Studio One program (I have a 64-bit, but some people say you can play 32-bit vst in some 64-bit programs...??) :flower_lili:

I got Jessie Music Box, but never really tried it much, and now I'm sad because I'm probably going to re-download it since I think I deleted something from it since it won't make a sound anymore.... Another one that I'm going to have to download again is Old Music box. That one is unique because in the higher octave there is some notes where it sounds like you're winding it up.

Recently got DSK music box, and sounds nice. Sounds like an old music box. :kaito_move:
It's range is from C5-C9, but has a neat feature to it, where on C4, it has a winding note! Here is a video of it:
Another music box that has my interest to get and try out is this one: :stardust_lili:

WintermintP

Yes, those were just what I was thinking of!

@GreenFantasy64 To answer your question regarding 32bit and 64bit problems, 64bit versions of StudioOne will require JBridge in order to use 32bit plugins. Although JBridge is cheap, it has been known for causing some errors with StudioOne, and people have been looking for alternatives for years and still couldn't find one.

WintermintP

GreenFantasy64

Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Yes, those were just what I was thinking of!

@GreenFantasy64 To answer your question regarding 32bit and 64bit problems, 64bit versions of StudioOne will require JBridge in order to use 32bit plugins. Although JBridge is cheap, it has been known for causing some errors with StudioOne, and people have been looking for alternatives for years and still couldn't find one.

WintermintP

Yeah, that's a shame. : / It would be nice to use for Studio One.

Also a short update for the DSK Music Box! @ZAR-PARTY it sounds nice and it also has this sound to it of like a gears running (at least for the lower Octave I think the most) or something to it. I'm not of a big fan of the lower octave C5 to C6, but it's okay in the end. C8 to C9 almost sounds like the highest octave of the piano in a way. I haven't spend too much time on it, but I was playing around with it and ended up creating a fun practice song. :lumi_lili:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)