• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

The first UTAU you ever used?

HIRATELIER

Aspiring Fan
Jun 5, 2019
hiratelier.carrd.co
Like the title implies, who was the first UTAU you have ever used? If you want to be a little more specific, you can provide details on what kind of voicebank you used, how you discovered that UTAU, and when did you use that first UTAU - like the moment you installed UTAU or at a later date. Did you use that UTAU for a cover, for a small voicebank test, or something similar to those two?

As for me... It's pretty unclear for me on who was the first UTAU I have ever used, especially since it's been a whopping six years of being in the UTAU community. Looking back at my noob days of using UTAU in 2014, I have pretty much come up with three (technically four) possible candidates for that "the first UTAU I ever used" title, ranked according to who is most likely to be the first UTAU I have ever used:
  1. Teto Kasane
  2. Aiko Kikyuune
  3. Reizo/Rena Raine
Of course, I could be wrong since my memory is so poor regarding my noob days, but looking from another perspective, Teto was the first non-overseas voicebank I used, and the first overseas voicebank I used was Aiko, and eventually the Raines. I didn't use all of them for a cover, considering that I downloaded them when I installed UTAU and used it for the very first time, just to get a hold of the program. Ah, the memories~

My side of the story done. I'd like to hear from you guys on who was the first UTAU you have ever used. ^^

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Kasane Teto! Her english voicebank had just come out so I downloaded UTAU for the first time to try it.
...at least I think lol? I actually can't remember if I used utau before that...but that's my first memory of using utau

Reactions: HIRATELIER

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
It's been a good number of years for me too so I can't say for certain, but the first cover I posted was with Neko Kanochi, so that's my answer XP (I get a feeling Tei might have been one of the first banks I downloaded but I have no real basis for this other than she was one of my first favorites)

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Definitely WALTT in around February 2014. I think it was a cover of Kagerou Days, with a really BAD instrumental. Also, I lowered the vocal by 6 semitones since I thought you could do that and still have it be on key for some reason. It was awful. But, it got me into UTAU and led to me creating my own who has ended up being my pride and joy. Also I'm a lot better at the whole lowering vocals / instrumentals thing now.

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Defoko!! nah im joking

I didn't use UTAU until recently so I have a pretty good memory of who I first downloaded and used. I basically just downloaded a bunch of UTAUs I was obsessed with at the time and tried to use them.
-Teto English/Japanese
-Karasu Yuutsukoe
-Printto Magicbeat English (not sure if he's distributed anymore)
-Kevin Futarine

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
i see it's pretend defoko doesn't day!
it was Ritsu Namine!!!! :namineritsu_lili: he and Ruko were my ride or dies back in the day.

I started using UTAU on whim kinda, back in 2015 was when I started. One day during my 7th grade summer vacation (lmao, what a time) a friend introduced me to UTAU, eventually we both sat down and ended up installing it on my laptop. It took us awhile but 2 dumb little 7th grade girls managed to get UTAU running. I didn't really bother using Defoko much and instead jumped right into one of Ritsu's VCVs (i want to say it was his normal but i honestly can't remember exactly). Anyways, i'd spend a lot of time in UTAU just messing around and using USTs. for the longest time I was VERY Ritsu biased and used him for everything, partly because I was too scared to use anyone else lol :))) I thought Ruko's male vbs were so cool but SO SO INTIMIDATINGGG, so I was a huge fan of them before even using them in UTAU. Though one day I forced myself to use somebody other than Ritsu and that's when I started using Ruko, who'd be my 2nd UTAU to use.

as of current days, Merry Kohaku is my most used by far but Ruko is definately a close 2nd even to this day!!:yokuneruko_lili: ok essay done ty.

Sep 21, 2019
It was Teto for me! She's the only reason I'd even known about UTAU and downloaded it. Admittedly, I downloaded it because I thought of it as "free Vocaloid" (now I want to go back and slap 2018 me for thinking UTAU was just Vocaloid but free; I really didn't see it for it's own merit). The first cover I ever did was a (probably) sh*tty cover of World is Mine that I spent hours trying to edit parts to work with Teto's sakebi voicebank because I didn't realize suffix broker was a thing, lol.

Honestly, until I downloaded Tei, Teto was literally the only UTAU I ever used unless I was covering a duet or smth (the first duet I ever tried doing was a cover of Invisible with Teto and Momo; I remember Momo being hard to use, but then again, I was a total noob). (Now Tei is the only UTAU I ever use. I stan this queen.)

jasmin00

Aspiring Fan
Jul 26, 2020
Finland
My first UTAU banks which I used back in the early -10s were :

1. Kasane Teto
2. Defoko
3. Momone Momo
4. Windy Kazeyama

They all are still very close to my heart, all of them :)

Reactions: TheStarPalace

CatMoun

Phonology and voice synths are pretty much my life
Aug 14, 2020
For me it was Mahoune Arrow. Her voice provider helped me use the software for the first time so I used her voicebank at first.
It takes me back. It was via MSN that she helped me. I miss this messenger. XD

If I'm not mistaken, my first cover song was Idolmaster's Go My Way.

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
Uta Utane (of coarse she is first)
Kasane Teto English
Hibiki Lui Fanmade
Dong Fang Zhi Zi RUCE

When i just started out with UTAU I had no clue how to use VCV vbs so I always just assumed that they are broken ore something. Only like half a year later I found that utau called Liki-Chan, and she had a JapaneseVCV/EnglishVCCV vb. After I tried her Japanese, she did not played anything, but then I tried English and she did sounds, so I was really confused bc I thought she was broken. And then I finally decided to look in the Vb settings and found out how to use VCV...
I was dumb
:mikoto_lili:

cyberbison

New Fan
Apr 26, 2021
Hmm, I pretty much went into making my own VB, which started my interest towards UTAU in the first place, after my teens :'')

Ibis

Did someone say UTAU?
Jul 7, 2022
the time out corner
Uta Utane (of coarse she is first)
Kasane Teto English
Hibiki Lui Fanmade
Dong Fang Zhi Zi RUCE

When i just started out with UTAU I had no clue how to use VCV vbs so I always just assumed that they are broken ore something. Only like half a year later I found that utau called Liki-Chan, and she had a JapaneseVCV/EnglishVCCV vb. After I tried her Japanese, she did not played anything, but then I tried English and she did sounds, so I was really confused bc I thought she was broken. And then I finally decided to look in the Vb settings and found out how to use VCV...
I was dumb
:mikoto_lili:
Oh my goodness, that's exactly how it went for me! When I started using UTAU I knew immediately that I wanted to use Yokune Ruko, so I downloaded their bank only a few hours after getting UTAU and messing around with Defoko. I went to the download page and decided to download their VCV 2.0 bank, hearing that VCV was the smoothest. When I opened UTAU to try and use it it obviously didn't work with me trying to get VCV bank to sing CV, and I just thought maybe it was broken and decided to just download a different one. I downloaded their 7-expression bank, which COULD sing in CV and VCV, and was happy I found a bank that worked. I mean, I still had no idea how to use any of the expressions, but it sung what I typed, so that was all I cared about. After that I downloaded a couple of other banks like Kasane Teto, Sukone Tei, and Shion Yowa. I deleted any bank that I could not sing CV because I thought they were broken and boiled it down to their oto.ini being empty or their banks being old.

It wasn't until I downloaded Namine Ritsu's KIRE bank about a month later that I figured out how to use VCV banks. I was so desperate to get it to work that I looked around everywhere and eventually read something in their readme.txt which talked about adjusting pitches manually. I tried it and it turns out that using shift+right click to open the sound list was not only good for changing pitches, but it was also how you selected a prefix for VCV voicebanks. After learning this (and feeling really stupid for just now figuring it out) I go back and download Ruko's 2.0 bank so I could finally use it like I wanted to from the start, but at this point I'm so used to the 7-expression bank I downloaded that I just stick with that one.

So yeah, my first Utau was Yokune Ruko and I didn't know how to use VCV banks for a month.
In conclusion, I probably should have watched more tutorials :yowa_ibis:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)