• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

"Lost One's Weeping" w/adapted singable English lyrics

Nokone Miku

Aspiring Lyricist/Producer
Jul 14, 2021
www.youtube.com

This is meant to be a really raw rendition, like Miku just grabbed the microphone on stage and started into the song. I think people will either love it or hate it. It's either going to be a success for three months of effort or it will be a failed experiment. At least I learned a lot from pushing myself to finish it. I did the math, and I've listened to this song over one thousand times while working on it. I've gotten to the point where making changes to fix things is just messing up what I already have. I really, really need to move on now.

I got fixated on getting the lyric video done, and now the sun will be up in a couple hours. ... Anyway, I put everything I have into this, so I hope it turned out okay. I've been listening too it for so long I can't really tell anymore.

(Additional:)
I spent three months on this. Granted, most of it was learning how to mix audio. Some of the dynamic range got crushed in the video edit and by YouTube, but I left it that way because if I leave 3 db of headroom it sounds a little quiet on YouTube. Then again, I don't know how many people are bothered if a video is quiet and they have to turn up their volume? I had a really good sound like the song was being sung on a PA system on stage, but that effect gets lost in the YouTube version.

I gave up on the chorus having the octave and third voices added. It didn't sound right no matter how I mixed it. Maybe the effect doesn't work as well in English? Or maybe it's just the fact that it sounds entirely artificial and I'm wanting a more natural sound? If it were my original song, rather than a cover, I would compose an actual harmony rather than duplicating the vocal track pitched up and down. If I were to do this over again I might do it with Miku Solid, because Miku English loses a lot of power at high pitch.

I'll return to this song in the future when I do a full remix of it. It's a song that needs to speed up and slow down in tempo to add emphasis to parts, but the original is the same tempo all the way through (and listening to it so many times, the repetitive drum track really stands out). Especially in English, the more expressive parts need room to extend some notes without being rushed.

After working on one project for so long it's hard to start into a new one. But I really don't want to lose momentum. my goal is to get to where I'm doing one song or cover each month. I have so many ideas that even 12 songs a year is going to feel really slow!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: mobius017

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)