• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Question Tips for making "talkloids"?

Sep 21, 2019
I've been trying to make "talkloids" here and there but run into the issue of they tend to sound quite choppy (thought it'd probably help if I was using English voicebanks for English instead of Japanese voicebanks XD). I've heard some people who can make the Vocaloids sound very smooth when talking so I'm curious how one might achieve this.
Any pointers are highly appreciated! :D

Reactions: peaches2217

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
A higher PBS and lots of pitch modification seems to be the key, or a least help. Start out by putting all of the words at the same note, then move them around to achieve the choppy "talking" effect; from there, adjust the pitch parameter to make it smoother. Heck, even keeping the notes on the same line can work, and might serve to make the word transitions smoother; just you raise the PBS for added variation.

One of my WIPs has a talking section at the beginning. Here's some screengrabs to demonstrate (feat. an Engloid speaking Japanese). I hope this helps a little!
1571621884018.png
1571622123608.png

Last edited:

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Here's the very first Vocaloid video I ever posted, which was an experimental attempt at a short Talkloid. It used the same principle but was otherwise (intentionally) low-effort. So just by doing the above, you should get some decent results!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)