• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

CeVIO Tohoku Kiritan CeVIO AI Announced

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Hmm... I wonder what the benefits of her on CeVIO AI will be over Neutrino? They’ll function somewhat similarly, won’t they? Nonetheless, I’m looking forward to hearing and seeing more. This should be interesting!

Reactions: Stardust

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Some extra info so I don't clog up the main post:

- Same sound source as NEUTRINO Kiritan
- Once she's released, the application to use her NEUTRINO bank for commercial purposes will become free (to avoid complications with using CeVIO Kiritan for commercial purposes since they're from the same source), they ask that people planning on selling music using NEUTRINO Kiritan wait until winter for this reason
- More info in AHS' livestream on October 30 (same livestream where they'll talk about Rikka)

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
I'm actually really excited to hear it. It would be a great comparison of utau to voiceroid singing to neutrino to NNSVS to cevio ai. I would also imagine cevio ai to be the more robust comercial project. I honestly hope zunko will eventually get an ai bank she seems like the sister that peaked and is getting left behind.

mahalisyarifuddin

Passionate Fan
Apr 9, 2018
Palembang, Indonesia
I... actually still wondered what the CeVIO AI itself will be looked like in its stable form.

And yes, it's the overall advantage of it against Neutrino because afaik Neutrino still use that good-old command line interface and the GUI version is separated and only acted as front-end (idk if it's different now.)

Last edited:

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
So basically just NEUTRINO Kiritan with a better vocoder and more editing options. Neat. Hopefully it's not too expensive.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I genuinely do not understand why people are surprised. The Zunkos are KNOWN for being on as many engines as possible and their Twitter brings it up constantly. It could be that, since the Kiritan data is available publicly, Techno-Speech downloaded it and approached SSS LLC about having her on the CeVIO AI engine.

Sort of related, but I am glad we have another Vocaloid joining CeVIO AI's ranks, because I am sick of people complaining/frankly over-reacting about a handful of voice banks being "ruined" by moving to a different engine without even hearing any demos. It's not that deep nor scary... It's just about money. Just use the original version if it offends you that much. This is going to keep happening with other characters, because companies are becoming aggressive about promoting their 2D "idols".

___

Oct 8, 2019
I genuinely do not understand why people are surprised. The Zunkos are KNOWN for being on as many engines as possible and their Twitter brings it up constantly.
Because so far all the versions of them were different enough to warrant them being on those engines but in this case...that is being questioned...and it's practicality too :/ I'm not saying people should jump to conclusions yet but those aren't unreasonable worries to have either. I don't think this would've been met with the same surprised reaction if this were SynthV or even CevioPro release.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
CeVIO Pro is supposed to be a VST version that's somewhere between CS7 and AI and it's not going to be ready for release when CeVIO AI comes out. It could be a long time before it's ready. There hasn't been a new release on old CeVIO since March 2018 (IA English), I think it would be weird for them to be announcing a lineup of AI vocals and then be like, "Except for the Kiritan one, that's going on the old engine". That would be confusing to me, because it's technically almost 2021 and not making new voices for almost 3 years and suddenly adding one to a soon-to-be-obsolete engine seems bizarre. Especially since CeVIO's schtick now is going to be being known for having one of the few AI engines. It seems like partnering with Zunko's company, which has been invested in AI and even provided free voice data for users before other character companies is the perfect pairing.

I feel like people not already using some iteration of Kiritan are probably not going to suddenly start when the CeVIO AI version comes out. If they really cared about her, they would be using her in some way already. I believe that having her on CeVIO AI will be for CeVIO customers wanting to easily do things like duets while remaining in the same software instead of having to open up NEUTRINO.

Edit: Add in the fact that Kiritan is ALSO on Voidol recently, which used her deep learning data.

Last edited:

___

Oct 8, 2019
My example was just hypothetical and I wasn't talking about the old engine.

Especially since CeVIO's schtick now is going to be being known for having one of the few AI engines. It seems like partnering with Zunko's company, which has been invested in AI and even provided free voice data for users before other character companies is the perfect pairing.
Partnering makes sense, people are just weirded out by the possibility of them making near identical product just not for free this time and as you've mentioned:

I believe that having her on CeVIO AI will be for CeVIO customers wanting to easily do things like duets while remaining in the same software instead of having to open up NEUTRINO.
That does make sense I'm just not sure whether that will be big enough of a motivator for people to get her, I'm not saying it 100% won't, just that I'm questioning it.

I get developing Kiritan for Cevio AI was the easier option but I think something like Zunko would've spraked more interest.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I can't think of a nice way to say it, but I swear... The CeVIO AI fan base is going to be the most cursed one on the planet.
It seems like the voices announced so far are aimed at a specific type of guy (VOICEROID fans who love big bazonga versions of everyone + creepy drooling faces and loli lovin' creepy people) ...
  • KAFU: Japanese synth users on Twitter have decided to dub her TYPE B voice as "loli-loli".
  • Yukari: One of THE most popular VOICEROIDS.
  • flower: Owned by Gynoid, one of the creepiest synth character companies (so Gynoid, Zunko's company, and Tsuina-chan get to the in the unholy trinity) who loves lewding their underage characters.
  • Kiritan: Don't make me talk about why she is on the list. orz
  • There are no male voices planned.
I can't even write the descriptions for this list properly because I don't wanna mind-scar people/break rules, but just know that if you are on the JP side of Twitter/nico and are aware of how truly popular VOICEROID videos and general fan art of these characters are (I know Western fans don't know because of the language barrier, but they're all REALLY popular), there are a lot of music producers enjoying these creepy fan art/videos *cue war flashbacks*

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
Honestly if they would just release some more information about how CeVIO AI is gonna work I'd probably be 100% behind them. I tried Neutrino but I didn't like it, and UTAU is okay but it doesn't have the benefit of more advanced technology.

... though now I'm scared of the fandom already lmao. (Might just grab a bank or two and run)

Last edited:

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I genuinely do not understand why people are surprised. The Zunkos are KNOWN for being on as many engines as possible and their Twitter brings it up constantly.
I just skimmed over the past replies, so I might sound redundant, but no one’s really surprised or upset that she’s coming to CeVIO. When I first saw the announcement, I was skeptical, but quite excited. No, the surprise and concern comes exclusively from the fact that she’s sourced from a free program; the wording used makes it sound like very little will be changed. Of course, we haven’t heard any demos, so who’s to say how different it’ll be? I’m rooting for it to work out! But if it’s ultimately just “Neutrino, but with a few extra options and a significantly higher price tag”, then... what was the point?

I feel like they could’ve handled it better; give us some more information so that we’re not left wondering what the point is. Because in the end, if it’s just Neutrino but Easier... people will brave Neutrino to avoid paying if they know it’ll provide the same results.

Reactions: Stardust and ___

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I think people are surprised is because the fact that AHS was like "Fuck stucking at single engine, we'll just make many voices for every single engines haha"
Eh, it’s not even AHS that’s the issue, it’s just... sourced from a free program using the same method of AI synthesis, or at least a heavily similar one. I’d feel the same if SynthV had full AI synthesis and she was ported there. It just seems so redundant.

Reactions: Stardust and ___

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Kiritan's by far the most popular Tohoku sister (for better or worse), so I'm not surprised that they're just reusing what's already been recorded for a new engine when her fans will buy it regardless. No point if it's the same voice and she'll sound the same, right? But again, that begs the question of why go for CeVIO AI and not just use NEUTRINO itself when the latter is free (assuming it'll stay free) if they want to appeal to new fans.

I love Kiritan, hate her fanbase, and I'm confused yet understanding of this situation myself, haha. Probably won't get her because I don't mind using NEUTRINO and I'm still not interested in CeVIO, but news is news.

I just wish we'd actually get to see CeVIO AI. For all these voices coming out this winter, we've literally only heard Kafu and haven't seen the program itself at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)