• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Tohoku Zunko's Neutrino crowdfunding

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
Would she be sold as a commercial product then? Or will she be a free download like her sisters.. Everything surrounding Neutrino is so weird to me, afaik it doesn't even have a proper UI yet.. I was hoping Kiritan Neutrino would sound aloof like her UTAU, but she has a very strong cute idol girl voice instead. Itako is kind of the same, but its more excusable for her since her UTAU also sort of sounded that way. I just hope Zunko will still sound like Zunko, soft and maybe almost whispery.

Fingers crossed this wont be Kiritan soft append.
This lol

Last edited:

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I’d be a lot more supportive if they had any intention of making her, well... distinct. The differences between Kiritan and Itako are so painfully minuscule that they really don’t benefit from being separate VBs. I just pray Zunko doesn’t fall into the same trap.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
I think there'll be nothing to worry about. Kiritan sounds the way she does because it wasn't really Kiritan they were aiming for; it was just her VP singing a bunch of I believe idol songs and they just called it Kiritan because it technically is her voice, and NEUTRINO didn't exist at the time. They were just throwing it out there for whoever wanted to utilize it.

Itako was and Zunko will be much more focused, so I don't think there should be any problem with how Zunko turns out.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I think there'll be nothing to worry about. Kiritan sounds the way she does because it wasn't really Kiritan they were aiming for; it was just her VP singing a bunch of I believe idol songs and they just called it Kiritan because it technically is her voice, and NEUTRINO didn't exist at the time. They were just throwing it out there for whoever wanted to utilize it.

Itako was and Zunko will be much more focused, so I don't think there should be any problem with how Zunko turns out.
I know she'll be quality, because both Kiritan and Itako sound fantastic. The issue I have is that they sound nearly interchangeable; not even in the sense of "They sound like Appends of the same VB", more like "They sound like the same VB with slightly different parameter settings". I just worry Zunko will fall into the same pitfall, and, ultimately, Neutrino will trade distinction and character for realism, for all three of them.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
I know she'll be quality, because both Kiritan and Itako sound fantastic. The issue I have is that they sound nearly interchangeable; not even in the sense of "They sound like Appends of the same VB", more like "They sound like the same VB with slightly different parameter settings". I just worry Zunko will fall into the same pitfall, and, ultimately, Neutrino will trade distinction and character for realism, for all three of them.
Oh, I wasn't saying anything about quality. I was talking about how Zunko most likely won't sound like Kiritan because Kiritan wasn't really made to be "Kiritan," it was just her VP singing as herself and labelled as Kiritan because... well, she is Kiritan ;; There are more Neutrino voices than Kiritan and Itako, and they're distinct from them. I'm sure Zunko will be distinct.

And if she's not, then... well, then there really is a problem.

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
Zunko's Neutrino crowdfunding starts tomorrow, aaand I still don't know if this is even going to be sold as a commercial product or not? Neutrino sounds really cool, but I hope that it develops into a more realized, usable program instead of some weird executable xml to wav file converter before then... Wondering what their intentions are at this point. I also haven't heard anything Kiritan Cevio AI as of late, I'm wondering why Zunko wasn't developed for Cevio AI instead..

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Zunko's Neutrino crowdfunding starts tomorrow, aaand I still don't know if this is even going to be sold as a commercial product or not? Neutrino sounds really cool, but I hope that it develops into a more realized, usable program instead of some weird executable xml to wav file converter before then... Wondering what their intentions are at this point. I also haven't heard anything Kiritan Cevio AI as of late, I'm wondering why Zunko wasn't developed for Cevio AI instead..
Itako's NEUTRINO had a crowdfunding campaign and she was released for free, so I'm certain Zunko also will be free.

Kiritan's CeVIO AI is actually the topic of AHS' livestream later this week. As for why Zunko isn't going to be on CeVIO (yet), they may be testing the waters with Kiritan first to see how well she sells - almost all of the Tohokus' commercial products are funded via crowdfunding but Kiritan's CeVIO is the first time they're releasing a commercial product that wasn't crowdfunded, so I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to see if it was viable first or not with their most popular character.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Sorry for double posting; I didn't look at the stretch goals until now (though it looks like they didn't even announce them until the initial goal was reached), but they're actually really interesting.

7.5 million yen and she'll get a NEUTRINO bank - this has been reached.
9 million yen and she'll get 200 new voice material samples.
10.5 million yen and she'll get 300 new voice material samples.
14 million yen and an original song contest will be held.
18 million yen and she'll get an entire new anime season (episodes will be 5 minutes long) that'll air on one channel.
25 million yen and her anime will air on two channels.

Vocasphere translated some additional tweets; the anime would be 13 episodes long and the reason they want to do it (and the contest) is to renew interest in vocal synths and promote them to a wide audience (as many producers in the past have quit using vocal synths to produce music for real human singers instead).

I think it'd be great if she could at least hit the 18 million goal, though it'll be tough. Good luck to Zunko, though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)