• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Top 10 cool character designs

Miss Otaku

The Hopeful Otaku ∞ Wannabe
- Xing Chen
- Flower
- Lily
- IA
- Rana
- Kagamine Rin
- Hatsune miku
- Mikoto Hime
- Seeu
- Uni

Which Vocaloid Character Design do you think is best?
:stardust_lili::flower_smile_lili::lily_smile_lili::ia_lili::rana_lili::rin_smile_lIlI::miku_lili::mikoto_smile_lili::seeu_lili::uni_lili: Please follow us~

Edit: Btw, You can tell me other good character designs!! The wEiRd Otaku signing out!!!!

Last edited:

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Arrrright *pulls up Wikia page* in a very particular order:

1. IA - Honestly, she wins just for being a solid all-rounder. A sleek, understated take on sci-fi, and her hair braids were a cute touch.
2. SF-A2 Miki - Miki's pale red and dark teal colour scheme is really poppin'. And the stars? My favourite Christmas robot.
3. Mew - Like all Mew fans, I am the only one who truly appreciates her. Mew is right next to Lady Gaga under the dictionary definition of ~fashion~.
4. Lumi - Her dress is literally a water feature. An outfit which controls the elements demands respect. (I assume she squishes her jellyfish into her backpack when she goes to school.)
5. Ruby - I like the confident streetwear attitude she brings to the table. Permanently wearing a hoodie is also relatable. Which brings us too—
6. Kizuna Akari - I have both a star theme bias, and a bias towards outfits I can imagine wearing without having to fear hypothermia or high winds.
7. Yuzuki Yukari - We'll ignore the awkward fit of her dress (nightshirt?) to focus on that sick bunny ear hoodie. Which I almost bought at three separate points in my life.
8. Megurine Luka - Just a classic. Warm mahogany arm bands with gold accents. Look at her dress for a while and you'll imagine you're in a fancy hotel's restaurant.
10. Luo Tianyi - Primary colours just look good together. Kind of dropped the ball on the angel theme though. Where's the halo? Flaming sword? Eyes that turn me into a pile of salt when I write a song outside her vocal range? Her Japanese design is cute too.

(All their original designs)

Miss Otaku

The Hopeful Otaku ∞ Wannabe
1. IA - Honestly, she wins just for being a solid all-rounder. A sleek, understated take on sci-fi, and her hair braids were a cute touch.
2. SF-A2 Miki - Miki's pale red and dark teal colour scheme is really poppin'. And the stars? My favourite Christmas robot.
3. Mew - Like all Mew fans, I am the only one who truly appreciates her. Mew is right next to Lady Gaga under the dictionary definition of ~fashion~.
4. Lumi - Her dress is literally a water feature. An outfit which controls the elements demands respect. (I assume she squishes her jellyfish into her backpack when she goes to school.)
5. Ruby - I like the confident streetwear attitude she brings to the table. Permanently wearing a hoodie is also relatable. Which brings us too—
6. Kizuna Akari - I have both a star theme bias, and a bias towards outfits I can imagine wearing without having to fear hypothermia or high winds.
7. Yuzuki Yukari - We'll ignore the awkward fit of her dress (nightshirt?) to focus on that sick bunny ear hoodie. Which I almost bought at three separate points in my life.
8. Megurine Luka - Just a classic. Warm mahogany arm bands with gold accents. Look at her dress for a while and you'll imagine you're in a fancy hotel's restaurant.
10. Luo Tianyi - Primary colours just look good together. Kind of dropped the ball on the angel theme though. Where's the halo? Flaming sword? Eyes that turn me into a pile of salt when I write a song outside her vocal range? Her Japanese design is cute too.

All these are also good character designs. I was planning to do 20 buuuuuuut, i was to lazzzy sooooooooo yeah. :rin_smile_lIlI:

Last edited:

Maribelle

GalacOH no she didn't
Apr 9, 2018
Hmm I might go into detail for some ovo

1.) Galaco (prize ver) - I love me a casual jacket dress boot moment and no one does it better than Galaco like I just love every part of it ;-; Also major love for galaxies and triangles so yeah made for me tbh
2.) Galaco Neo >.> - So while I love how casual Galaco is in her first design her Neo design just puts such an elegant spin on the same idea and I really prefer her hair in this one and the crown is just amazing!
3.) Yan He - So as stated above I love me a casual jacket moment and Yan He's jacket is just the best jacket, I LOVE her color scheme and the general simplicity of the design it's very clean and aesthetically pleasing imo and her hair is so cute ;-;
4.) Flower v3 - So this is just a gothic dream come true, love her hair love the dress love the boots love the general vibe it has going for it!
5.) Merli - Love her butterfly theme so much and the colors compliment her skin tone so well! Boots are top notch and the shorts oh honey the shorts the butterfly cutout on the back is just amazing and the gem stone theme I feel is way better done here than with Lapis :x
6.) Macne Nana English v4 - AHS did it they took an already immaculate design and made it even better some how the addition of pink just is so amazing I can't express it ;-;
7.) Lily - Practicality aside Lily's design is amazing I love the look of the jacket and boots and the cables there are some details I could do without... the CD but overall I love it!
8.) Luo Tianyi Japanese - Once more I love me a casual outfit and this one is just that with a super cute color scheme and the addition of the fabric wings on it is one of my favorite little things in a vocaloids design
9.) Haruno Sora Cool - This design is just uumfh I love it gives me Three Musketeers vibes but like fashionable and the massive ringlet hair is just yes everything I love
10.) Mew - A monochromatic goddess nuff said and her tattoo is so amazing I am here for it

OOF that was harder than I thought to narrow down but I did it :x :galaco_lili::merli_lili::sora_lili:

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
gonna hope on this with opinions on why i like em since i do lots of designing and study design a ton--
(will definitely have some repeats from above that ppl mentioned!)

my order is still in some level of "favorites" but i cant say i hate/like any of these designs more than the other!
  1. V3 Flower - anyone who knows my YT knows i love flower, and as much as i draw her with V4 hair i greatly prefer her V3 design. it is so much more intune with her style and does a sorta goth-rock aesthetic perfectly. i wish her later design captured that as well.
  2. Nemu - one i forget about a lot, but i have to emphasize just how much i love it. very casual and very simple- but unique with its baggy clothes to give a sorta cutesy/young look on the character. the color scheme is also nice, it is also just as simple as the attire and its not hard to look at! (in conjuntion with Nemu i very much like the change to Rion's design too but im not a huge fan of it compared to Nemu)
  3. Ruby (redesign) - cute and casual, soft color scheme with some nice accenting colors (huge fan of cyan being paired with warm tones!). i think shes a fantastic design for an english pop singer, it gets that vibe across very well.
  4. Yan He - Yan He's design does what i like to see in other designs, but does it very well. I am not a fan of the overly complex techno music designs- they can be hard to look at... but Yan he is quite simple in that regard. very modern but not overboard- though im not sure why that leg strap/ribbon has to be there. her wave-y keyboard is a nice prop that also doesnt over complicate what is already there.
  5. Xin Hua V3 - i wasnt sure about putting Xin on here but i got to 4 and realized im super picky on what i consider good aspect in vocaloids designs, and Xin has a different kind of charm. she has some eye catching colors and patterns and i quite adore it! the vibrant blue with the yellow and magenta look lovely and that checker pattern for her bows... its actually fantastic. the 'tech' details on her are very minor but a nice thing to notice (glowing buttons, leg bands)
  6. Chika - i hesitated to put her because her design is also havily due to her art style, but i think that is important to know too, art style can really play into design. Chika is very unique, definitely the most simple in terms of color and outfit. i would love to see more stylized designs in vocaloid (in that vein, i like Zola but i dont think their designs are my fave)
  7. Mo Qingxian debut - i quite like her debut design compared to her v4 standard release design... its got a bit of detail to it, but its not overwhelming. and because these chinese vocaloids have a bit of 'story' to them, this design just feels far more fitting (im unaware if their concepts apply to their vocaloid releases but-- she supposed to be a 'fashionable high school student'). yellow and purple are actually two colors i quite love seeing together and theyre very strong here! simply put, her outfit is simple and coherent and her colors are bold but look nice.
  8. Mayu - another design where i actually very much love the musical references in the details. Mayu has such a clear aesthetic- its a bit gothic lolita. theres nice little details that can be overlooked, but when noticing its cool to realize how they relate to music. i absolutely love the dark colors, the gothic look is just something i would love to see more in vocaloid!
  9. Stardust/Xingchen - tough picking these last ones. but i quite liked Stardust when i first saw her. her galaxy/star aesthetic isnt overbearing and her colors being warmer blues and pastel is pleasing to look at. some points of her outfit are a little much to me, but in general she has a very solid look with her hair and dress.
  10. Fukase - yes, i gotta put this boy down for a few specific reasons. artistically, fukase has such a interesting aesthetic- the way the art is lined and the colors used... i love it! in general his design has a really cool aesthetic to it, something that can be both weird, cool and cute.
Honorable Mentions.... ones i like to some level but not enough that i wanna list them up with these
  • Dex/Daina - fun design idea, i think their fox/hound thing is cute! my only pet peeve is... wolf=/=hound in the most typical refences we see. it typically has to do with a hunting dog and a fox. though i guess i dont wanna imagine dex with floppy puppy ears.
  • Lou Tianyi V4 English - lovely casual design with really pretty box art!
  • Galaco Neo - I feel i could swap Stardust for Galaco Neo in terms of aesthetic and why i like them
  • Mew - i didnt know if i wanted to put here there because while she is pretty, she is also in many ways a bit too bland for me to judge her with designs that very much try to tell or personality or character through them. her design is almost like a drawn version of of her VA so i didnt really count it the same way tbh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)