• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Unable to hear sound in utau?

kyl

New Fan
Feb 1, 2021
I'm making a cv utau and it isn't processing sound for an append I'm making. Its working just fine on others and I only have 5 utau libraries installed. If I try to play it, it ends with a weird tapping like noise. It works on some files but doesn't on others.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Does the bank have a base oto? If not, that's the problem - an oto essentially tells UTAU where each note starts and ends, you can't just record something and expect UTAU to play it perfectly, so it sounds like UTAU is playing the very end of your sample where it might just be a click or tap. If some samples play fine but not others, are you recording with oremo? That goes a long way in making your samples consistent.

If you have moresampler, it can create a base oto for you. It's not perfect and you will need to adjust it after though! (there are guides on how to do this; I'm not sure of the exact process myself since I've only oto'd VCV and English VCCV orz)

If it does have an oto, I'm not sure what the problem could be. Maybe link a download and I (or someone else, if they're able) could take a closer look?

kyl

New Fan
Feb 1, 2021
Just figured out it's only not working with anything that has 'a' or 'e' in it I'll send over the voicebank after I finish it.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
It's actually not working on a lot of notes for me, but looking at the oto, most of it is empty, so that's probably the reason why, I think. You'll want at least a base one to work with so you can fine tune and edit it later, though I'm not sure of the CV options since I've discovered that Moresampler doesn't do CV. Maybe oremo or setparam could generate one for you, though.

Also, I think your samples in general are just really short, so there's not a lot of room for UTAU to work with orz. I think I've heard that CV samples should at least be a few seconds long, but your samples are less than one. I don't think it's impossible to work with, but if you're capable of recording longer samples, it might help.

kyl

New Fan
Feb 1, 2021
Okay!It's supposed to be a robotic, growl voicebank so that's why i made it shorter- I have a hard time recording the growling part lol. Thank you for the help though!

kyl

New Fan
Feb 1, 2021
Now i'm trying to make a whisper voicebank and the same thing is happening- I held the notes out longer. I'm going to oto it tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)