• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

US & Canada MikuExpo 2021 tour

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I'm not that surprised the tour was postponed to be honest, when considering how hard US has been hit with corona. (I mean, they postponed Magical Mirai Osaka in August, and the pandemic in Japan hasn't been that serious)

Reactions: MagicalMiku

Rolo

Watch Levius and Stan Natalia Cromwell
Sep 16, 2019
Was fully prepared for the concert to be postponed so not surprised about this update. If they postpone Magical Mirai in December I won’t be surprised either but hopefully they won’t have to. So many Miku lives are being pushed back maybe Sega should do a small virtual thing I’m sure fans would love it.

Reactions: MagicalMiku

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
gonna take my merch and scratch off 2020 and just put "2021" on it
Ah, don't do that. I've heard of similar merch for traditional bands that became coveted collector items. I have this vision of hanging out with other synth enthusiasts and commenting on said merch that somebody's wearing/holding: "Remember when...? Oh, yeah...." *nod*

Though it's not like anyone is going to forget these times for a long time.

Last edited:

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Ah, don't do that. I've heard of similar merch for traditional bands that became coveted collector items. I have this vision of hanging out with other synth enthusiasts and commenting on said merch that somebody's wearing/holding: "Remember when...? Oh, yeah...." *nod*

Though it's not like anyone is going to forget these times for a long time.
it was a joke lol, i dont plan on actually tarnishing anything. i actually originally was going to get a shirt with the dates on the back and then decided not to when they moved them, but now you make me wish i did. "hey remember when miku expo was supposed to be in april 2020? haha....ha...ha......"

Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
it was a joke lol, i dont plan on actually tarnishing anything. i actually originally was going to get a shirt with the dates on the back and then decided not to when they moved them, but now you make me wish i did. "hey remember when miku expo was supposed to be in april 2020? haha....ha...ha......"
It's not too late, if you're having second thoughts about that shirt. Totally up to you, obviously.

• Haha
Reactions: cafenurse

Trevor

?
May 2, 2018
I just took the refund at this point. Probably would have kept the tickets if they sent a free t-shirt or something.

JGV

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
The VIP bag that was suppose to distributed to VIP ticket holders is NOW ON SALE!!!

Rolo

Watch Levius and Stan Natalia Cromwell
Sep 16, 2019
Just got the jumbo Miku plush so this is :( I understand why though and I’m glad they think of the fans but it’s heartbreaking the west won’t see Miku for some time. I hope crypton will do more online concerts for western fans.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Well, that sucks. But with the gigantic mess that virus response has been in the US, and the difficulty we've had in getting so many to take the easiest of steps to protect/care for each other, it's sadly not surprising.

Actually, after two postponements, plus everything else, somehow I think I'm well enough numbed to accept this at the moment, despite the fact that it would've been my first concert and I was passionately looking forward to it before. It sucks, but meh, I guess that's just how it is.

• Sad
Reactions: Rolo

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I'm really saddened by this because I had tickets for one of the shows, though of course I understand the decision.
Idk what I'm gonna do with the penlight I got now though.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I'm really saddened by this because I had tickets for one of the shows, though of course I understand the decision.
I'm a little salty that I bought some of the merch now though; sure the keychain and bag are still useable but the pen light? Idk what I'm gonna do with that.
Think of them as battle scars, or memorabilia of the year from hell.

Save your penlight, though--have faith that Miku will come back in a few years. :miku_ani_lili:

There's always the potential for online concerts, too--I wouldn't be averse to waving a penlight in my own room.

Edit:

Well, that sucks. But with the gigantic mess that virus response has been in the US, and the difficulty we've had in getting so many to take the easiest of steps to protect/care for each other, it's sadly not surprising.

Actually, after two postponements, plus everything else, somehow I think I'm well enough numbed to accept this at the moment, despite the fact that it would've been my first concert and I was passionately looking forward to it before. It sucks, but meh, I guess that's just how it is.
...True as all that is, I think it WILL be difficult for me to actually make the call to cancel my ticket, though.... Accepting the outcome is one thing; but actually turning that ticket in is a little more of a moment....

Last edited:
Reactions: cafenurse

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
This is quite saddening news. I truly feel for everyone that didn’t get to see Miku. I remember when the tickets first released, there was a voice in my head telling me not to get tickets, despite my excitement, and I guess that voice knew the turnout wouldn’t be hqppy.
At the least, there are always more years for Miku to come, and that being said, Miku’s 15th anniversary in 2022 isn’t too far off—hopefully we’ll see her then to all celebrate together. It’s something to look forward to at least, even if it’s still seemingly so far away

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
As a European, I feel the disappointment the North American fans are feeling right now. I'm certainly not expecting an announcement of a new Miku Expo tour in Europe anytime soon, especially considering how cases are spiking on the continent again. As much as I wish they'd expand the British gigs to other cities outside of London, I can't take the risk of going out to a crowd while Britain is getting the worst of the second wave of cases.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
There's at least an online event being considered for a replacement;

Well, that's definitely something! I wonder if there will be any benefit to holding onto existing tickets in view of the potential for an online event--like having the live-event ticket used as a ticket for the virtual event? It seems like it might be a stretch, unless there's something (like an ID code on each ticket) that CFM can use to tie whatever such benefit they might offer to individual tickets sold by different sellers. The alternative seems like it would be refunding the live-event tickets and running brand new ticket sales for the virtual event.

Thanks @hamano!

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Well, that's definitely something! I wonder if there will be any benefit to holding onto existing tickets in view of the potential for an online event--like having the live-event ticket used as a ticket for the virtual event? It seems like it might be a stretch, unless there's something (like an ID code on each ticket) that CFM can use to tie whatever such benefit they might offer to individual tickets sold by different sellers. The alternative seems like it would be refunding the live-event tickets and running brand new ticket sales for the virtual event.
Personally I'd still get a refund nonetheless, I know virtual events are still cool, but they're just not on the same level as in person concerts. I'd feel pretty ripped off in the end. I don't know how much tickets to online concerts have been costing, but I don't think I'd ever pay as much for one as for a real concert, personally.
I can imagine they'll just end up doing a new ticket system anyway. Still...I appreciate they're trying to put something virtual together, I hope all goes well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)