• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

US & Canada MikuExpo 2021 tour

Sep 21, 2019
While I don't know if they guarantee better spots, Rylitah did say you get early access which in turn means you get first choice of where you stand/sit.
Well, it sounds like I should probably grab VIP tickets in an attempt to get a decent seat. And since Rylitah also said you get exclusive merch, that's pretty sweet, too.

Are there any Miku Expo veterans here that have a recommendations on how soon you should buy the tickets? Do they typically go on sale after a while where it'd be better to wait instead of buying them right away? How quickly do the tickets sell out?

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Well, it sounds like I should probably grab VIP tickets in an attempt to get a decent seat. And since Rylitah also said you get exclusive merch, that's pretty sweet, too.

Are there any Miku Expo veterans here that have a recommendations on how soon you should buy the tickets? Do they typically go on sale after a while where it'd be better to wait instead of buying them right away? How quickly do the tickets sell out?
Personally I don't think the merch was worth the huge price increase (plus my friends I went with only bought the regular tickets so I went in with them anyway and didn't utilize the early entrance part), but the merch is different every year apparently, and we don't find out what it is until the expo starts. I'm probably going to buy it again this year anyway though :U

I think how soon you should buy the tickets depends on what concert you're going to. Like I mentioned, DC never sold out, so it was safe to buy the tickets for that concert at any point, but the more populated cities/areas probably will sell out much faster. The tickets never went on sale for a cheaper price than they started.

@Vegetaljuce I agree; the way everything was handled at the Anthem was... really sloppy (though I loved the actual concert). I'm hoping MGM will be much better!

Sep 21, 2019
Personally I don't think the merch was worth the huge price increase (plus my friends I went with only bought the regular tickets so I went in with them anyway and didn't utilize the early entrance part), but the merch is different every year apparently, and we don't find out what it is until the expo starts. I'm probably going to buy it again this year anyway though :U

I think how soon you should buy the tickets depends on what concert you're going to. Like I mentioned, DC never sold out, so it was safe to buy the tickets for that concert at any point, but the more populated cities/areas probably will sell out much faster. The tickets never went on sale for a cheaper price than they started.
Thanks so much for the information!

Reactions: Rylitah

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
Here's where the current dates listed on the MikuExpo site land

There's a 10 day gap between the Vancouver and San Jose shows and a six day gap between the San Jose and Dallas shows.

The Boston to Chicago route looks a bit weird. It would not surprise me to see a Detroit, Cleveland or Buffalo/Darien Center show added along the way. Looking closer at the map they could make a detour through Nashville on the way to DC also.

Trust me, there will be more added shows.
PLEASE COME TO PHOENIX... PLEASE.... This gives me hope. Am excited in general for miku expo 2020, but REALLY hoping she stops in Arizona since there's the 10 day gap because I'd buy tickets for that in a heart beat.

Here

Here
Nov 11, 2019
I don’t know if I will be able to go, I hope I can!
Idk if it will help but I went to the last concert at Dallas Bomb Factory and it was about 50$ open admission but I would probably buy balcony tickets next time instead since I’m not tall

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I'm curious--how does one purchase VIP tickets? Is it an option on Ticketmaster? (For example; I assume each venue might work a little differently/have their own ticket seller, unless it's always Ticketmaster?)

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
The following was mentioned in a Billboard article about this particular tour
Since making its debut in Jakarta, Indonesia, five years ago, MIKU EXPO has drawn over 170,000 fans in 63 concerts across 27 cities around the world. The blue-haired vocaloid's state-of-the-art shows -- set to include fan favorites to the latest hits -- are known for their cutting-edge 3D graphics and computer-generated vocal technology in which she will even sing and speak to her fans in the local language of the country she is performing in.

Along with the concert, numerous events tailored to suit the location and its fans are being planned, including workshops and fan art exhibitions by Japanese and local artists. Tickets are set to go on sale Friday (Dec. 6) JST.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
I'm curious--how does one purchase VIP tickets? Is it an option on Ticketmaster? (For example; I assume each venue might work a little differently/have their own ticket seller, unless it's always Ticketmaster?)
It was an option on Ticketfly last time; my venue used Ticketfly while others used Ticketmaster, I believe. Either way, I think it should be an option when you go to buy regular tickets.

Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018

tokutokun

New Fan
Jan 3, 2020
I, like many others, bought San Jose Miku Expo tickets thinking that LA was not going to be on the menu this year... As of a couple hours ago, we were proven wrong.

If anyone is looking to buy a general admission San Jose ticket, send me a message. I will give you the vocaverse discount as I'm just looking to recoup some of my money before buying the LA ones.

Sold!

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hm, I'd been thinking of the Coachella appearance as a separate thing, but they've listed it among the Expo stops, too. I suppose that should mean the setlists may be similar/spoiler etiquette will apply between Coachella/other Expo stops.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Question: When do the online merch stores typically open up before these events? The first ones are only a few months away....

Edit: Mm, based on the 2018 Mexico/US Expo thread, it looks like Expo 2018 had its merch store open about 1 month beforehand, with the store opening about May 21 and the first concert being on June 29. Sound typical? That seems like a short lead time for people to buy stuff and have it shipped to them ahead of the concert, but I guess it's possible.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)