• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

US & Canada MikuExpo 2021 tour

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Yeah, typically 2-1.5 months before the tour begins they announce the official merch, and preorders open around a month before a tour starts. (Like the previous Europe tour)

Reactions: mobius017

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
From The Japan Times...
We found out the day before the official announcement via our booking agent,” says Riki Tsuji, a staff member at Crypton Future Media, the creators of virtual pop act Miku. By that point, the company had already canceled a domestic show, and had to turn its attention to the North American Miku Expo tour.

“We immediately began looking at potential new dates for each city, and fortunately we were able to reschedule the entire tour without having to cut any stops,” Tsuji says, adding that the event is now set to take place this fall. “(But) we have definitely incurred direct financial losses through various cancellation fees and some sunk costs that could not be recovered for the rescheduled dates.”
“Although Coachella has not yet announced the full lineup for the new dates (in October), we have received confirmation from Coachella that Hatsune Miku will be performing at the October dates and have announced as such,” Tsuji says.

Last edited:
Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I feel bad they lost money for the cancellation fees/etc. Everyone's taking a hit from the pandemic in one way or another.... I'm sure they worked really hard to keep all those stops in the NA tour, like he mentioned. I'm really thankful for that.

It's really nice that they told us that they'll still be doing Coachella! That's a good thing for those who attend.

Trevor

?
May 2, 2018
Got an email saying that the LA date was moved to April 13 2021.
I haven't seen anything from miku expo officially announcing new dates again, but I wouldn't be surprised if other dates are moving to 2021 too.
As it currently stands, California has taken a more drastic approach than most U.S. states for cutailing the Covid-19 pandemic. While it is entirely possible, Crypton would lose a lot of money and promotion for the synth platform. States like Texas and Georgia are not going to quarentine again unless things get dire. Real dire. The company has already paid for merchandising and promotional material.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Mm, LA was right in the middle of the concert lineup as it was after the most recent rescheduling (looks like the site hasn't been updated yet at the time of this posting, as you can see below).

Old? dates from site currently:
Orlando

Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts

September 4th Fri.

Buy tickets here

Washington, D.C.

MGM National Harbor

September 8th Tue.

Buy tickets here

Asbury Park

Asbury Park Convention Hall

September 11th Fri.

Buy tickets here

Boston

House of Blues Boston

September 17th Thu.

Buy tickets here

Montreal

Place Bell

September 20th Sun.

Buy tickets here

Toronto

Coca-Cola Coliseum

September 23rd Wed.

Buy tickets here

Chicago

Aragon Ballroom

September 25th Fri.

Buy tickets here

Vancouver

Thunderbird Arena

September 30th Wed.

Buy tickets here

San Jose

San Jose Civic

October 4th Sun.

DAY

Buy tickets here

NIGHT

Buy tickets here

Hatsune Miku @ Coachella

Coachella

October 9th Fri.

More Info

Hatsune Miku @ Coachella

Coachella

October 16th Fri.

More Info

Los Angeles

Shrine Auditorium

October 18th Sun.

Buy tickets here

Dallas

Bomb Factory

October 21st Wed.

Buy tickets here

Atlanta

Gateway Center Arena

October 24th Sat.

Buy tickets here
If they reschedule from Oct to Apr, I would think that they would have to reschedule the others, just to keep the tour contiguous.

Speaking purely for myself, at least, rescheduling would hopefully be good news--the rules in my state are such that I've been concerned that they wouldn't hold the rescheduled show.

Of course, all I can do if they reschedule is hope that they don't have to cut my stop.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)