• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Using Piapro Studio Without a Crypton Vocaloid

Älfa Dröttning

Aspiring Fan
Sep 17, 2019
So a friend of mine has Stardust, but does not have the Vocaloid editor. I have 3 copies of Piapro Studio and I’ve been trying to figure out if I can give one of them to her since I don’t need all of them. I think I read somewhere that you need a Crypton Vocaloid in order to run Piapro Studio, so I figured I should double check that here since I’m not sure where I read it. I also just want to be sure that giving my copy of Piapro Studio + Studio One to someone without giving them the Vocaloid it came with doesn’t go against the terms of use of the software or anything. If anyone could explain how/if this works I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

___

Oct 8, 2019
If you really trust your friend you could deactivate your crypton vocaloid and then have her activate that cryptonloid on her computer to set up Piapro Studio with Stardust and once she's done she'd deactivate the cryptonloid and give it back to you?

Edit: Dunno if it will work but if you trust her with this kind of stuff it's probably worth a shot?

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Piapro does not work without an eligible Crypton Vocaloid installed, I have tested this with my own. Piapro checks for the Crypton VBs that include Piapro and if they are not there, it will give an error message and not open. This also happens after 14 days of not activating the VBs.

it’s specific to VB, as I tested it withKagamine V4X.Their English VBs did not let me open the Piapro editor because they don’t come with it outside the bundle.

sadly, you can’t give Piapro Studio to othersto use as their editor

Reactions: ___

___

Oct 8, 2019
What a bummer :/ Well your friend could always get a cryptonloid. Considering they come with a daw and Piapro it's a pretty good deal.

Reactions: peaches2217

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
With Black Friday coming up, your friend could get a really good deal! I'm continually stalking Big Fish Audio for sales. Like Patuk said, they're ultimately a very good deal for what you pay.

Reactions: ___

Älfa Dröttning

Aspiring Fan
Sep 17, 2019
Piapro does not work without an eligible Crypton Vocaloid installed, I have tested this with my own. Piapro checks for the Crypton VBs that include Piapro and if they are not there, it will give an error message and not open. This also happens after 14 days of not activating the VBs.

it’s specific to VB, as I tested it withKagamine V4X.Their English VBs did not let me open the Piapro editor because they don’t come with it outside the bundle.

sadly, you can’t give Piapro Studio to othersto use as their editor
Oh that’s too bad. Thank you for letting me know! I’ll let her know that the sale is coming up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)