• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

UST Issues

Hi guys, total newb to UTAU here.

I've downloaded a lot of USTs and recently tried two on two different UTAUs. The first one was Something Just Like this and I used it on Fushi Murasaki CYAN and loaded it up and all only to find out she doesn't pronounce half the syllables
I load Athena for Neko Kanochi only to find the same issue. I have no idea what's going on, but I'd like to fix it. I've been able to load songs just fine with Aido Ishiame, but that's it. I don't quite understand the problem.

Thank you in advance for any advice and apologies if I'm a idiot for missing something obvious.

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Generally resetting the envelopes and removing any fancy prefixes or suffixes (like the pitch or an append) will fix this. With English UTAUs, configuration is all over the map, so you'll generally have to refit the entire ust to the voice.(that's been my experience, I have to replace like half the sounds for English utaus usually)

Reactions: ThatGirlMyra
I'm not the best at UTAU, so I may not be the best person to talk to about this, but here are a few things.

1) Like Voicebanks, .USTs also have different configurations, for example if your using a CV UTAU that UTAU is not able to sing a VCV .UST.
I've fit the UST to the UTAU, but this prospect did enter my mind. This is probably a stupid question, but how can you tell if a UST is for a VCV, VCCV, etc UTAU?

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
I've fit the UST to the UTAU, but this prospect did enter my mind. This is probably a stupid question, but how can you tell if a UST is for a VCV, VCCV, etc UTAU?
Well, the C in these acronyms stands for Consonant, and the V stands for Vowel. CV (consonant vowel) is usually used for Japanese, because you have sounds like "ka", "ke" "ki, "ko", "ku" that make up most of the language. VCV is similarly used mostly for Japanese, it works by adding a vowel before the phrase, so you get "a ka", a "ke" "e ki, "i ko", "o ku." (of course since this is UTAU, it'd be in hiragana).
Back to English, CVVC and VCCV honestly look pretty similar at first glance(I still have trouble telling between them), but VCCV is more standardized and tries to emulate the Vocaloid system more. Here's the full list of sounds in VCCV. This is for the English version; a lot of other languages can also use CVVC and VCCV.

Well, the C in these acronyms stands for Consonant, and the V stands for Vowel. CV (consonant vowel) is usually used for Japanese, because you have sounds like "ka", "ke" "ki, "ko", "ku" that make up most of the language. VCV is similarly used mostly for Japanese, it works by adding a vowel before the phrase, so you get "a ka", a "ke" "e ki, "i ko", "o ku." (of course since this is UTAU, it'd be in hiragana).
Back to English, CVVC and VCCV honestly look pretty similar at first glance(I still have trouble telling between them), but VCCV is more standardized and tries to emulate the Vocaloid system more. Here's the full list of sounds in VCCV. This is for the English version; a lot of other languages can also use CVVC and VCCV.
Oh thank you so much, that's really helpful! Is there a way to tell if the UST is for a VCCV/etc UTAU? Can you just look at it? A few of my downloaded UTAUs are already labeled as VCCV or VC etc, but I'm not sure how to tell which ones to use for USTs.

Reactions: TheStarPalace

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Oh thank you so much, that's really helpful! Is there a way to tell if the UST is for a VCCV/etc UTAU? Can you just look at it? A few of my downloaded UTAUs are already labeled as VCCV or VC etc, but I'm not sure how to tell which ones to use for USTs.
Most of the USTs I download have the type listed in the title or readme, so if it's not I'd just try to plug it in and see if it works. That's what I did for Kazehiki English

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)